JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

November Watchtower 2019?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1734 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 8/4/2019 at 8:27 PM, Tbs77 said:

Looks like Brother on ladder had resolve to "leave" his wife.. See wedding band on his hand when being encouraged the couple! This is real!

Thank you for bringing that out Brother Tracey.  This brought to my mind Jesus' words at Matthew 10:37:

Whoever has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; andwhoever has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me.

What an excruciating dilemma awaits Jehovah's Witnesses currently living in religiously divided households (including members of my own extended family.) I cannot imagine the painful decision(s) many will have to make for the sake of the kingdom. May they find strength in Jehovah's saving grace.

GTrib.jpg

Edited by Omoyeme

4 hours ago, Bluebell said:

1 AS WE move deeper into “the last days,” we may face severe adversities......2 When “the great tribulation” strikes, we will appreciate having good friends who love us. (Rev. 7:14) So it is urgent that we build strong bonds of friendship now.

What if you end up stuck with someone you can absolutely not stand? 😂 That in itself would be a GT.

5 minutes ago, GraceH said:

What if you end up stuck with someone you can absolutely not stand? 😂 That in itself would be a GT.

Isn't that the point? We need to learn to love each other now so we don't hesitate later. It goes both ways, what if someone can't stand you and you seek shelter in their home? 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

28 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Isn't that the point? We need to learn to love each other now so we don't hesitate later. It goes both ways, what if someone can't stand you and you seek shelter in their home? 

Believe me Tortuga ... no one will be able to resist this face when they see it. Even our opposers during the GT.

tenor.gif

The paragraphs that affected me the most are paragraphs 4, 5 and 6 on page 9. It talks about Paul having a thorn in his flesh. Some sort of a problem or personal trial that he was dealing with. Jehovah didn't remove that trial but gave Paul the strength to endure it saying "My power is being made perfect in weakness" from 2 Corinthians 12 8-9. I can 100% relate to those three paragraphs. I have to endure a 'thorn in the flesh' that causes me daily anxiety, but knowing that Jehovah is making me strong and helping me to endure along with promising me permanent relief very soon keeps me positive and strong.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Pictures and images from the publications are often posted to the server before the publication is released.  For most it simply a matter of knowing the url of the file.  For magazines there is a set pattern and you can discern what the next one will be.

I used to look ahead and even post links, but now I just prefer to wait for the chariot.   Posting links to these things also just confuse some, leading them to ask questions as to where and how you got it. 

On 7/28/2019 at 10:00 PM, Omoyeme said:

2019640_univ_lsr_xl.thumb.jpg.45f1fab1a20ff3c35eabe695e9625aa8.jpg

Loved this from below that picture:

When “the great tribulation” strikes, we will appreciate having good friends who love us. (Rev. 7:14) So it is urgent that we build strong bonds of friendship now. (Read 1 Peter 4:7, 8.) 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

8 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

So would you prefer to be with an elder, a shepherd, or a friend during the Great Tribulation? emoji6.png

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I would prefer to be with my wife and children.  But in any case...I want to be there even if I have to be alone.

On 7/27/2019 at 10:32 PM, jscotchie said:

2019640_univ_lsr_xl.thumb.jpg.45f1fab1a20ff3c35eabe695e9625aa8.jpg

The basement and attic pictures don't make sense to me. Everyone knows that when two JW's see each other it's a party! The authorities just need to listen for the joyous sound of good conversation and laughter... :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

30 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

So would you prefer to be with an elder, a shepherd, or a friend during the Great Tribulation? emoji6.png

All of them ..... different roles for different circumstances 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

My elders are shepherds and friends...

On 8/7/2019 at 6:45 PM, Tortuga said:

The basement and attic pictures don't make sense to me. Everyone knows that when two JW's see each other it's a party! The authorities just need to listen for the joyous sound of good conversation and laughter... :D

Yep. Can no one say that JW's don't know how to party that's for sure. 

Edited by Luezette