JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The future of computer games?

I'm not really sure if this topic fits here or if it is even appropriate but no one seems to have posted this before...so.. why not?

I'm recently playing some VR games and I found out it can give me consistent goosebumps because it's so real.

The graphic is still pretty bad compared to what you see on HD TV but good enough to make you think it's all real...

It's kind of scary... that one can not only play games but also be inside a game. 

Actually, it doesn't feel  REALLY real but my brain seems to not understand the difference. 

Only after I take off the VR glasses can I realize it was a fake world.

I'm sad that computer programmers use their talents to create worlds of zombies, gore, magic and so much violence.

In the NW, I imagine people might create VR games to take us to spiritual worlds, ancient Bible ages and Jesus' days.

I recently visited a former worldly friend's place because they asked me to water their plants while they are on holiday. He showed me his VR setup because I said the stuff isn't thoroughly developed yet. He showed me and boy was I wrong. It took a few minutes until I was detached from my surroundings, but I suddenly no longer knew where he was standing and where I was in the room. I dodged something that flew at me and nearly fell off my chair.

I personally don't know if we will need VR entertainment to explore spiritually relevant events, since Jehovah can create such visions vividly in our mind.

Jesus already does that....2 Cor. 12:2-4 (Apostle Paul speaking of his experience in VR)

"I know a man in union with Christ who, 14 years ago—whether in the body or out of the body, I do not know; God knows—was caught away to the third heaven. Yes, I know such a man—whether in the body or apart from the body, I do not know; God knows— who was caught away into paradise and heard words that cannot be spoken and that are not lawful for a man to say."

Advanced issues found

15 hours ago, NobleEndeavours said:

I'm not really sure if this topic fits here or if it is even appropriate but no one seems to have posted this before...so.. why not?

Hmmm maybe cus they have a life

i don't i play a lot but no like to see my stupid video I make of me mess ing up in 

the game

• 1 month later...

On 7/24/2019 at 1:00 PM, shali said:

I would love to explore the universe through VR (on the back of an angel would be good too! haha!) 

you might want to check your heart condition first, though, before you start that if we are talking about the advanced VR technique in the future when the VR world will be very realistic.

Even now that VR tech isn't so good, when you are inside the universe surrounded by starts, you can get easily scared and your heart starts racing.

If it gets officially real in the future, companies making VR games would want to first warn the players.. 'This can get you a heart attack.' 

Edited by Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual

2 minutes ago, Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual said:

you might want to check first, though, before you start that if we are talking about the advanced VR technique in the future when the VR world will be very realistic.

Even now that VR tech isn't so good, when you are inside the universe surrounded by starts, you can get easily scared or your heart starts racing.

If it get officially real in the future, companies making VR games would want to first warn the players.. 'This can get you a heart attack.' 

You are thinking about is way more seriously than I am Brother!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

3 minutes ago, Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual said:

Oh but we will get there soon! (maybe not so soon but someday!) 

I have no doubt we will!! I'm just hoping my heart is strong enough to get me through the Great Tribulation at this point!  

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I don’t play computer games at all (no time) but living forever and having time,

I won’t rule opportunity to play clean and fun games, so really nice concepts can be developed around themes like farming, exploration, puzzle solving, escape rooms, building etc.

No need for violence as this sick world  pushes satanic agenda especially on kids. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 hours ago, Dages said:

I don't really plan to play computer games in Paradise... Outside will be the best game :D best graphics, best role play, immersive, 5 senses interaction... 

Agreed. 

Yet if a really realistic game comes out and lets you experiences the spiritual realm in an indirect way, why refuse? 🙂 

Edited by Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual