JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russian police arrest hundreds at opposition protests

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1717 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Putin is on his last leg anyway. It is estimated he will last another 2 years max before another rebel. The situation in Russia is very tense now. People want changes. They often compare countries like Poland or Latvia who started from a bit lower economical positions that Russia in the '90s and how much progress they made. Russian people travel abroad and can see what happens in Russia. Youtube is full of videos showing Russians delighted with Polish villages and they even compare places on google street view.1 You cannot brainwash everybody. That is why he needs every possible support from the main religions in Russia. The only people who want Putin are those employed in public sectors that are paid by the state.

I was actually thinking of the policemen in that uniform  and how it looks  exactly like at the pictures in the WT magazines and in our "basement" video....

And the civil unrests.... and the sound of the bells on the ortodox church...

I guess great tribulation will look pretty much like this

"Absolute rubbish”

I only wonder when they arrest our brothers why they are so violent. Okay, that is their job to arrest someone if they are ordered to. But it is entirely up to you if you want to be hateful at the same time or not, especially when you dealing with people who don't even intend to reply with aggression. That only shows how bad those people are. 

18 minutes ago, tarcamion said:

I only wonder when they arrest our brothers why they are so violent. especially when you dealing with people who don't even intend to reply with aggression.

It's not because they expect resistance from JW's.

It serves their purpose to intimidate the onlookers.

8 minutes ago, Doug said:

It's not because they expect resistance from JW's.

It serves their purpose to intimidate the onlookers.

Maybe, but they are mean all the way the process, even when there are no witnesses. The whole Russia lives like in a bubble. People are brainwashed as they live in a permanent state of danger served by their media 24hrs a day. They are endangered by Americans, sects, and this is how they keep people from looking at the terrible state and poverty they live in.

5 hours ago, tarcamion said:

Putin is on his last leg anyway. The only people who want Putin are those employed in public sectors that are paid by the state.

DICTATOR 101:  Keep the military, the secret police and the regular police as happy as possible. Keep the paychecks coming and look away when they violate human rights of the common people.

As soon as possible, plunder the Treasury and move it offshore.

A little nest egg for when things go south on you.

Yes Im on the watch. Protests are increasing everywhere.. France, Europe, Hongkong, Russia 

One of my friend visited there and he told me that  there are many poor people in Russia. 

But the climate is better than UK even though its cold. 

Police all over the world has black uniforms.  So those might be the last color of uniform they're wearing then. I said it because police uniforms have been changed many times in the history. 

Police uniforms in armageddon videos is black. 

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)