JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A juvenile threatened to blow up the congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses in Beaver Dam, police say

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1677 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 hours ago, booboo said:

From the article: “Police determined the threats made were not hate crimes directed toward any religion or ethnicity.”   

Hmmmm , thought this was an odd statement, but perhaps I’m missing something🤔

I thought the same thing. If those 2 crimes weren’t the issue what was?

I think one or both was involved. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Stating that it was not a hate crime indicates that the reason for the bomb threat was not aimed at the Spanish Congregation just because they are Spanish or at JW's in general due to not liking JW's, in general.

Perhaps he just didn't want to go to the meetings ...

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

This world is plummeting into unthinkable mire. There is a reason why we have the doors locked, and cameras watching the parking lot, 

It just dawned on me, twenty years ago, if you told me we would be locking the hall when the meeting started, and, a brother would be scanning the parking lot, via camera, I would be shocked. 

For the most part, the community sees us as a positive force. 

I know, it just takes one deranged individual. 

We are rural, have some issues, (marijuana growing, and what goes with it) but, I still feel safe. Well, sort of. (My husband watches true life crime on tv, and it can make one have a bit of paranoia.) hmmm. I digress. Sorry. 

But, the thought I was coming to, just how close to the end are we? 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Sorry, im realizing there are alot of terms that bother alot of people... 😅 probably safer for me to just read posts..

could one of the moderators please remove my post above so I dont stumble or offend anyone, im really sorry 😣

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 11:33 AM, booboo said:

From the article: “Police determined the threats made were not hate crimes directed toward any religion or ethnicity.”   

Hmmmm , thought this was an odd statement, but perhaps I’m missing something🤔

Me too.... maybe they took the threat to be personal against the elders but still if you threaten to blow up a kingdom hall how is that not hate speech against a religion?  It's not a McDonald's where all types of people go, it's a place of worship ie. religious.   

I bet if there was a thread to blow up a gay nightclub they'd declare if anti-gay in a heartbeat!

Edited by sunshine

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)