JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1696 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I feel damaged and broken but also strong because I’m not without hope. I know I will get fixed and for now, I just do my best. try not to annoy too many people, try not to get too annoyed, try to keep good spiritual habits, try to help the family etc etc. 

I can’t wait for relief!

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

3 hours ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Sometimes we may feel "damaged" or even "broken", and if we cannot be convinced that we have value,

then remember this:

Painter's Brush—even when such an important instrument is damaged or broken, it can have much value because it still can be useful for bringing beautinto the world, inspiring the hearts of others! So even if we feel badly damaged or broken, the Great Artist Jehovah views you as valuable because you help inspire others by bringing His beautiful love and truths into this dark world!

Dirty, Broken Paintbrushes | Second Shot

Thank you my brother wonderful explanation 

I feeling this explanation was specially given for me from jehovah 

I think all of us feel either "damaged" or "broken" or both.  I know I constantly carry around a heart full of pain and sorrow.  I went from not crying at all to crying at the drop of a hat.  It's because the pain is always there and it wells up so fast when I see others in pain.  I'm doing good to get through all 3 songs at the kingdom hall without getting choked up or crying - they are so personal now. What I went through in my congregation 20 years ago, broke my heart and filled it with sadness until Jehovah takes it all away but I do know this - I gained a great deal of empathy and compassion because of what I went through, not sure I would of developed those qualities any other way.  So that severe (and very prolonged) trial benefited me in wonderful ways too.  But I still consider myself "broken" because of it. 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

O, yes I feel broken at times

Satan wanted to discard me as useless

Manufacturer took me back at greatest cost to him

And he paid out of "warranty" repair.

Apparently I will be restored to full perfect functionality, in 1000 years

Love of our "manufacturer" never fails :givehug:I love him for this...!

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Our Watchtower Studies are making me appreciate more and more how merciful, wonderful, amazing and fantastic our God Jehovah truly is!!! Never in my life do I remember having a Watchtower study about stress and how it affects us! That has to be Jehovah showing us through the FDS how much he truly cares about what we are going through in this country and many others!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

My brother is severely depressed and has been since we lost everything we owned in the Platte River, Cache La Pudre , Big Thompson Rivers in 2013. I have come to understand his depression to a degree. I hope to help him by being more understanding of his mental frustration, but I lost a lot of things, too. They were only things. We have too much to do to prepare for the immediate future. We don't have time to dwell on what was. We have gotten a lot of help to deal with emotional issues and I hope Frank will derive some comfort from these study articles. I pray for him more than I used to. I hope that helps also. WE have a lot to do, but we all hope that we have a short time to do it.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)