JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library Issue

Hi friends,

Hoping someone can help. I was having trouble with JW Library and decided to reinstall the app, having done this I knew I would need to re-download publications, strangely though I seem to have limited access to publications. 

No watchtowers or meeting workbooks, limited media available. I will attempt to attach a video. Seems strange, not sure if its just an issue that will get an update or whether the issue is with me. 

8 hours ago, A Witness Of Jah said:

Hi friends,

Hoping someone can help. I was having trouble with JW Library and decided to reinstall the app, having done this I knew I would need to re-download publications, strangely though I seem to have limited access to publications. 

No watchtowers or meeting workbooks, limited media available. I will attempt to attach a video. Seems strange, not sure if its just an issue that will get an update or whether the issue is with me. 

I had this problem on Android many times after reinstalling it.

Try to refresh JW Library's main page (click on rotating arrows at the top right or scroll down from the start).

If you have some publications showing (books or tracts, for instance), go to that page in the menu, select a common publication (like the Teach Us book or the Suffering tract).  The delete the publication (from the "3-dots" choose delete).  Then reinstall that publication by clicking on the "cloud-arrow".  When it re-installs, it somehow "wakes-up" the page and other items will be available.  It has worked several times for me and my friends.

11 hours ago, Arumuga Raja said:

Anybody know about the JW Library in computer the downloaded media file where its store? 

Are you asking about the JW Library APP (not the Watchtower Library from DVD)?  It would be "stored" in different places on different devices and operating systems.  Apple, Android and Windows all use different procedures for arranging their files to access by operating commands.

Which operating system were you referring to?

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

Are you asking about the JW Library APP

Brother @jwhess i am asking about windows 8 jw library app not a watchtower library 

Thank you for replying 

13 hours ago, Arumuga Raja said:

Anybody know about the JW Library in computer the downloaded media file where its store? 

If anybody knows please tell me

3 hours ago, Arumuga Raja said:

Brother @jwhess i am asking about windows 8 jw library app not a watchtower library 

Thank you for replying 

They are simply stored in the videos folder of your PC (it's a standard folder of every Windows PC)

Sub folder "jwlibrary"

BTW it's strange you mentioning Windows 8 as jw library is only available on Windows 10

Edited by jayrtom

Brother [mention=5995]jwhess[/mention] i am asking about windows 8 jw library app not a watchtower library

You can’t install the JW Library app on Windows 8. JW Library is available for Windows 10 only. Please refer to this site: https://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/windows/faqs/

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I am wondering myself, would our library app on ios and android devices get dark theme, because we see both ios and android have syste, wide dark or black mode and many developers already have dark mode in options..
It would be nice to read, i like it from android 4.2. Kitkat which was dark moded. After android 5.0 all became white..

Just now, Arumuga Raja said:

Thank you for replying 

Br. Raja, the JW Library app  has been Windows 10 only since the fall of 2017 when Windows 10 version 1709 became effective.  This was the published warning that came with the download.

"NOTE: An upcoming release of JW Library will require Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, Version 1709."

Edited by jwhess

Instead of trying to locate the media files for JWLibrary to play them with another app ... you need to fix the computer so that is does not hang. There must be a reason the JWL app is hanging on your PC since most Halls do not have that problem.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 minute ago, Qapla said:

Instead of trying to locate the media files for JWLibrary to play them with another app ... you need to fix the computer so that is does not hang. There must be a reason the JWL app is hanging on your PC since most Halls do not have that problem.

How do i locate the media file i downloaded in jw library? 

Just now, Arumuga Raja said:

How do i locate the media file i downloaded in jw library? 

The app places the music and the videos in the normal place it put all medial.  Open your "File" folder on the desktop.  It has folder names "Music" and "Videos".  In those folders are ones named "JW Library.

VIDEO.JPG

MUSIC.JPG

John beat me to it

BTW ... if you use the "list view" and sort them by "date" you may have a better chance of finding the most recent ones if you d/l them each week for the meeting.

You can also use the "large icon" view is you can recognize the ones you want from the picture

But, I still think you need to determine why your JWL is having problems

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dilip kumar said:

Am using a Dell windows tab. 

My jwlib is not showing midweek meetings oclm. 

Sunday meeting watch tower

What's new etc. 

Uninstalled. And installed. 

No result. 

If you have some publications showing in the JW Library, go the publications menu (tab),  go to a section that has a publication (like Brochures or Tracts).  Select one of the common ones displayed (like a Good News brochure or a Kingdom Tract).  Click on the "3-dots" and select Delete.  Wait for the file to delete and return with the "cloud-arrow" download button.  Click it to download a new copy.  

When the tablet downloads or re-installs the brochure or tract, it somehow "wakes-up" the software and the other publications available for download will begin to appear.  Word of caution: do not delete sensitive publications.  For example...old yearbooks.  Once deleted these items will not be available to download again.  Pick something common and current.

I have used this procedure many times on my own device and have shared it with others.  I used it just this weekend to help my daughter to begin downloading the new pubs.

Edit Note: you may have to wait a minute or two for the new pubs to begin to appear.

Edited by jwhess

On 11/5/2019 at 7:09 PM, dilip kumar said:

My jwlib is not showing midweek meetings oclm. 

Most of the time I have met this problem it was due to a poor Internet connection. Internet goes so slow that the app cannot even download the menus and covers for those publications. Move to a good internet connection and see if it gets fixed.

Or you aren't giving it enough time to "refresh" when you open the app.  Go to the "home" page and press the refresh button (sometimes you have to do it several times) - and yes, like Carlos said, it's important to have a very good internet connection for it even to refresh properly.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D