JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How do you view your life in Paradise ?

Dages

Life in Paradise  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want to live (have your main house) ?

• Coast, ocean...
    • Mountain, Hills
    • Flat countryside

Let's have a poll : 

1- Where do you want to live ?

Ocean or mountain ? Or normal flat country side ?

2- What job do you want to learn, do at first?

3- What do you want to produce? I mean imagine you have a market/barter/giveaway place, near your local kingdom hall, in Paradise, what do you want to bring here ?

4- What hobby do you want to develop? Learn art/music, etc... ?

My answers

1- Mountains, or very hilly place :D you know my taste when you see the houses I pick here.

2- Something related to Electricity, like being an electrician, plain and simple. I want to learn about that. I'm not the maths type (I'm a translator) but I'm sure this would be very useful.

3- Bread, cheese and wine (also whisky and beer) :D I'm French, yeah.

4- Piano and violin.

• 1 month later...

Tough question - so many options...

1 - Somewhere very green, mountainside - forest.

2 - Willing to learn anything new but, gardening and food are my areas - I do like to work with wood.

3 - I do a lot of fermenting & work with micro green's so if the great crowd needs a very large batch of sauerkraut or pea shoots, I'm their gal.  LOL

4 - As hobbies go, I would enjoy making rustic furniture with reclaimed wood - pottery making, learning to build wood fired ovens, have a fruit orchard, cheese making, learning about using natural botanical's for healing and, *swimming with penguins.

*I may have to rethink living near a forest...

On 11/12/2019 at 5:56 AM, Dages said:

And if you could ***pass along a true french baguette recipe*** I'll start working on that skill RIGHT NOW!!  Seriously, knowing a person in France that makes bread - dreams are made out of this!  I make a lot of bread but I'm not french and I KNOW that makes a difference!

Now, if you could work on your Vodka making skills, that would be very much appreciated AND, worth many, many broccoli sprouts. :backflip:

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

3 minutes ago, Loje said:

Now, if you could work on your Vodka making skills, that would be very much appreciated AND, worth many, many broccoli sprouts. :backflip:

I don't like Vodka and not really broccoli.

But I'll be working on my beer and whisky skills 👌

I would enjoy making rustic furniture with reclaimed wood

I know many sisters with the same idea. That's funny.

Edited by Dages

• 2 months later...

1:Mountains or hilly place,I'd like my house to be partly built into the side of a hill overlooking forests and sea ideally....or rivers or lakes :)

2- I'd like to be a Forrester for the first couple of hundred years 

3- I'd like to produce timber for brothers to use,and the by products like charcoal,bio char,potash etc

Whiskey,I'd love to have my own distillery btw vodka and gin is an easy by product of whiskey,so I have your back loje;)

4- My woodworking skills are alot to be desired so definitely would like to improve to the point where I can make a beautiful instrument,piece of furniture etc

• 1 month later...

I am more concerned about the whether. Where I live it's usually hot and humid. When I'm out in service, I always say, "Only for Jehovah". So I would like nice weather, 70-80 F is perfect. And occasional cloudy weather for a change would be nice.

2- What job do you want to learn, do at first? Hmm, I don't know, I just hope I get placed in an area that I can develop some hidden talent and surprise even myself.

3- What do you want to produce? I mean imagine you have a market/barter/giveaway place, near your local kingdom hall, in Paradise, what do you want to bring here ? Food, dessert, teas, fruity mix drinks. I'm very organized, so I imagine myself also being involved with the setup and organization of the process of the market.

4- What hobby do you want to develop? Learn art/music, etc... ? Pottery

• 9 months later...

In a city of some sort hopefully.

I'd like to be a transportation designer.

3- What do you want to produce? I mean imagine you have a market/barter/giveaway place, near your local kingdom hall, in Paradise, what do you want to bring here ?

Intellectual produce i.e. designs for technology.

Being a better guitar player. 

• 1 month later...

Secret-Jungle-Treehouse.thumb.jpg.07ebdda23ce1ab689223bbd7ee1e7c60.jpg

Bio-Milch_NEU.thumb.jpg.21ab01d0191a19d7869e1fcaf3803c56.jpg

istockphoto-518874206-1024x1024.thumb.jpg.273f31d83ce29a421dafbe5eb9188799.jpg

learn-more-about-the-violin.thumb.jpeg.09214e46847e509cb47fd0621776ac90.jpeg

Hebrews 11:1

~ Faith is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen. ~

• 2 months later...
On 11/12/2019 at 6:56 AM, Dages said:

Let's have a poll : 

My answers

1- Mountains, or very hilly place :D you know my taste when you see the houses I pick here.

2- Something related to Electricity, like being an electrician, plain and simple. I want to learn about that. I'm not the maths type (I'm a translator) but I'm sure this would be very useful.

4- Piano and violin.

1- Mountain for sure

2- Make clothing

3-fruits, vegetable

4-piano, violin, guitar

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Normal flat country side with clear water streams surrounded by lots of beautiful flowers, trees and green, green grass.   I'd love to have horses.  I've loved horses since I was a little girl.  

I'd like to learn how to construct a house.    

Lots of fruits and veggies.   I miss gardening.   I'd like to bring lots of melon, because who doesn't like melon?   Lol.

Relearn how to  play the piano.  

Know that Jehovah is God. He is the one who made us, and we belong to him.

Psalm 100:3

So I'm thinking during Armagedon, Jehovah will need to do some reshaping, adding some mountain/hills. WIth streams or rivers of course. Seems like most want this.

But what we really want to do is travel the world. One idea we had was to grow or make something that we can barter as we travel. Hopefully trade it for something else to barter further into othe travel. Repeat over and over. 

But when we settle down definately mountains / hills / water.