46 members have voted

1. 1. Which Vaccine Did You Get

• Pfizer - side effects
    • Pfizer - no side effects
    • Moderna - Side Effects
    • Moderna - No side effects
    • Johnson & Johnson - side effects
    • Johnson & Johnson - no side effects

I voted pfizer no side effects even though I had stiffness in the arm in the evening of the 1st jab.

The 2nd jab I felt very tired for one day. The feeling of almost falling sick. And a little stiffness in the arm.

The 3rd booster jab, I occasionally felt like almost falling sick but didn't feel tired. And a little stiffness in the arm.

I hope the above explains my definition of "no side effects".

My wife also had the pfizer and didn't have any stiffness or pain in the injection area at all.

For her 2nd jab she was full of energy for the 1st day and didn't have any stiffness or pain in the injection area at all.

I think my wife would classify as "no side effects" too.

My wife got her booster Monday and was terribly sick most of Tueday only able to get out of bed late in the day. The effects were 100% gone by 9:00 PM.

She had zero reactions to the first 2 doses.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I had the Pfizer and did not have any side effects at all - not even a sore/aching arm.

On the other hand, when I had a COVID test, I had a headache for a few hours and a runny nose for a couple of days after having those swabs shoved so far in it felt like they were swabbing the top of my head from the inside.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I cannot see any poll from my phone, however I did want to share that the first AstraZeneca shot made me feel like I was getting a flu and put me in bed for 3 days.
Aching joints all over, chills and fever during the night. Then on day 4 it started easing up. I had brain fog for about a week, confused and forgetful. I dropped and broke my new phone in a lapse of memory. I lacked energy.
12 weeks later, the second shot only had a bit of a headache on day 2 and 3.
My wife had a similar reaction to the first shot as I did. Went back to work on week 2 for 2 days, then had the next 10 days off work. Then she started her annual leave, so had plenty time to recover fully. But it really knocked her for a six (as we say down here).
No effects the second shot 11 weeks later, except for a sore arm.

Old (Downunder) Tone

This poll doesn't include AZ vaccine. Maybe because it is not available in the US. Son who is 42 fared poorly on his 1st AZ jab. He has comorbidities.

He had symptoms like headache, weakness for 3 days. 12 weeks later his 2nd dose, he took a day off to recover. Myself, vaccinated in the evening (June 8), the next morning, I was washing the car.

Probably my immunity was low. 😟 

Then delta variant popped up late July and the interval between doses was shortened from 12 weeks to 9 weeks. *

I'll be waiting more than 5 months before booster. Hopefully. The government hasn't started on that program yet.

* I understand the longer the interval between shots, the better the protection.

Here the authorities do not mix the vaccines. Normally I noticed they prioritized Pfizer for the Muslims. (less SOP compliant) where else the nons will be give Sinovac. Only a small percentage of people in the urban areas had a chance to apply for AZ and only after the brouhaha started about the side effects of AZ.  At the time, (May 2021) the researchers were saying AZ was only to be given to those above 60 but later in July, they reversed their stance, recommending it for those below 60. :cry:

Edited by happiness IS

On 10/6/2021 at 4:54 PM, cricket246 said:

I am just doing a poll to see which vaccines tend to be used more with lesser side effects.

4 hours ago, Michelle81 said:

I feel the outcast once again. 

Unvaccinated.

I don't know why you feel like that though.  Since you are unvaccinated, it may be of interest to see what we've had as side effects (or none).  It may not factor into your decision, but it certainly isn't meant to make any feel like an outcast.  Natasha has medical issues and she just wants our opinion on the vax, so this isn't about exclusion.  Please don't feel like that here. 💖

7 hours ago, Loopy said:

I had Moderna. First jab, just a sore arm. 

Second one, just exhaustion, 

I wouldn’t even cal, that a side effect. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

My wife and I had Moderna and we had a similar reaction.  I wouldn't say exhaustion, just very tired after second dose.

I could only submit one time on the poll, but my wife had the same reaction.

This post is in no way to make anyone feel like an outcast. ❤️ And I know exactly how you feel... Plus I'm actually terrified for me, my mom or any of my sibs to get this. If there was a way to avoid this vaccine, I would! Unfortunately, I have to start both physical and swallowing therapy, where I will be around other people and my immune system needs some help... Jehovah and I love all of you, whether vaccinate or unvaccinated - you are not alone ❤️^_^

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

On 10/7/2021 at 7:16 AM, hatcheckgirl said:

I don't know why you feel like that though.  Since you are unvaccinated, it may be of interest to see what we've had as side effects (or none).  It may not factor into your decision, but it certainly isn't meant to make any feel like an outcast.  Natasha has medical issues and she just wants our opinion on the vax, so this isn't about exclusion.  Please don't feel like that here. 💖

Agreed.. 💝  And there was no request asking for anyone to identify their status if they didn't want to.  It's just a poll..🤷🏽‍♀️

On 10/7/2021 at 9:05 AM, Polka Dot said:

🤗   

me too.  unvaccinated also 

To clarify for some.  .  . I was saying that I too feel like an outcast because I  am not vaccinated due to health.  I did make appointments (twice) to get vaccinated  but I was not able to.  I have to see my doctor first to review some health concerns. So I wait for my appointment...

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

I got the Johnson and Johnson, and the only side effects I felt were fatigue, and my arm was barely sore; just a slight ache. Also I was very nervous and I felt a little nauseous after it but I have health anxiety so I think it was more of my nerves, so I voted Johnson and Johnson no Side effects.

3 hours ago, Polka Dot said:

To clarify for some.  .  . I was saying that I too feel like an outcast because I  am not vaccinated due to health.  I did make appointments (twice) to get vaccinated  but I was not able to.  I have to see my doctor first to review some health concerns. So I wait for my appointment...

We understand and we appreciate the efforts you're taking to remain safe.

We want this topic to be free of any vaccine controversy or debate.  We understand and respect that some are not vaccinated and they have their reasons.  This topic is so that @cricket246 can quickly see which of the vaccines in the US might be best for her.  Keep in mind this is going to be a very unscientific poll and, honestly, can only give the vaguest of impressions as to which vaccine is best for any individual.  

11 hours ago, Hope said:

Agreed.. 💝  And there was no request asking for anyone to identify their status if they didn't want to.  It's just a poll..🤷🏽‍♀️

Right. There's a sister in my congregation who is not saying whether or not she got vaccinated, or whether or not she will. Considering the reactions of some who just can't mind their own business, I don't blame her.

15 hours ago, Hope said:

Perhaps I was a bit sensitive.  I apologize if I offended you Hope. 

I made my previous post because I often feel that those of us that choose to remain unvaccinated are not much mentioned and supported for our decisions. I thought I was safe to express myself openly among those I consider my spiritual family without being mocked for it.

Edited by Michelle81

At first my dr was against me getting one, but now, with all of my new health problems and being underweight (103-105 lbs.) she told me she recommends I get the Pfizer vaccine.... In the past few months, I've been diagnosed with POTS (Postural Orthsotatic Tachycardic Syndrome)/Autonomic Dysfunction, Raynauds, and Hypermobile Ehler Danlos Syndrome... That's on top of a slew of my other health issues.  ❤️ 

I personally know many who due to health cannot get the vaccine, and I am still very scared to be honest... If I had my rathers I would reject it... Unfortunately, though, my dr signed me up for physical therapy which will most likely be in an open room where people use various equipment and noone in my area hardly wants to wear masks anymore... Plus I have various procedures and tests coming up... 

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

8 hours ago, cricket246 said:

At first my dr was against me getting one, but now, with all of my new health problems and being underweight (103-105 lbs.) she told me she recommends I get the Pfizer vaccine.... In the past few months, I've been diagnosed with POTS (Postural Orthsotatic Tachycardic Syndrome)/Autonomic Dysfunction, Raynauds, and Hypermobile Ehler Danlos Syndrome... That's on top of a slew of my other health issues.  ❤️ 

I personally know many who due to health cannot get the vaccine, and I

Curious, how do you know about many others? In our congrgation it is not a matter of discussion?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.