JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

When do COs in the US get rotated?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1583 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I think the OP meant: "at what time of the year do the COs rotate?" Or perhaps: "When was the last time the COs rotated?"

For example, since Brandon and I are both in Canada, we are likely on the same schedule. Our new COs start with the new service year in September. The last time they rotated was in September of 2017, so the next time will be September of 2020.

In other places in the world, it's completely different. Since I know a brother and sister in the Philippines in the circuit work, I know that their changeover time is in January rather than September. They last changed circuits in January of 2019.

So, what is it in the US? And, is it the same time in all states of the US? John (@Qapla) above thinks Canada and the US may be on the same rotation, but I'm not sure.

Again, IIRC there was some adjustments made last rotation to bring ALL circuits in Canada and US into a matching schedule. That applies to when they rotate during the year and on what year they rotate.

I do not know why that change was made but I remember talking about it when it was changed with the CO we had at the time - we had a sub-CO in our Hall and I know a couple others and this topic came up.

Prior to that time, not all US circuits rotated at the same time ... some were half a term off from the others. Canada was on whatever schedule they used - I do not know how that was done.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 4:51 PM, jwhess said:

Usually it is September for us.  The CO has to finish the RC, the Pioneer School(s) and his vacation.  Most of theis is done at the end of the summer.  Rotation begins September 1.

Here the same, rotation begins Sepember 1. This year started their 3 years cycle.

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

Exceptions to the 3-year rule:  If a CO turns 70 in the early part of his new circuit, if the CO's circuit is dissolved (happened to us last year) or something happens to the CO (health, etc).

Or gets called to Gilead or other theocratic assignment...

8 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Yes, we will have a new co starting September 2021

I guess Canada is not in sync with the US (at least in Ohio). We change COs in September 2020.

Do all other states in the US change over in 2021 too?

I guess Canada is not in sync with the US (at least in Ohio). We change COs in September 2020.

Do all other states in the US change over in 2021 too?

Yes 2021 however we have new CO this month because former CO is currently in Gilead.

1 hour ago, Tbs77 said:

Yes 2021 however we have new CO this month because former CO is currently in Gilead.

Do you actually have a "new" CO ... or a "substitute"?

Also, if he is actually appointed as the replacement CO ... will he still rotate out in 2021?

When a CO is "replaced" during his scheduled assignment period (and there can be many reasons this happens) - that is NOT a "rotation" ... it is a substitution or a replacement.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~