JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WWIII King of North/South?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1562 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

4 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Your comments are not what I personally consider exemplary in terms of political neutrality in my books.

Thank you, the moderators understand your point however it appeared his comment was just presenting an obvious conclusion that some people will make and it did not present his personal view of the situation. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I know this seems random. But with the Statue of Daniel do you think that what is happening to the Royal Family in the UK (splitting down the middle) (fallout between Megan Markle/Harry and William and the rest of the royal family as the monarchy is Head of the State in the UK (I hope this is correct). Or, is this not even related to the political fragmentation of the King of the South - https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/prince-william-breaks-silence-on-megxit-i-want-everyone-to-play-on-the-team/news-story/e0248775adf5df37ac8d7cc54ebf858a

3 hours ago, GraceH said:

I know this seems random. But with the Statue of Daniel do you think that what is happening to the Royal Family in the UK (splitting down the middle) (fallout between Megan Markle/Harry and William and the rest of the royal family as the monarchy is Head of the State in the UK (I hope this is correct). Or, is this not even related to the political fragmentation of the King of the South - https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/prince-william-breaks-silence-on-megxit-i-want-everyone-to-play-on-the-team/news-story/e0248775adf5df37ac8d7cc54ebf858a

Harry is only the third heir to the throne at this point, so I wouldn't overemphasize his decision. I do not think this is relevant in terms of prophecy at all. There have been similar cases of throne heirs declined succession. Just think of Edward VIII who was only king for a year because he decided to marry someone not of royal heritage.

The media is making a big fuss about this to make some money.

To finish my thoughts on this OT topic, Harry always was the one in the royal family who suffered the most after the death / manslaughter of his mother Diana. As he grew older he exhibited a number of behaviours that showed how desperately he wanted to be different break free from Royal convention, like displaying a Nazi uniform at a fancy dress party, or becoming a foot-soldier in a hot war, even seeking to be deployed in operations according to rumours. I would assume that as he grew older, he became more capable of observing and analyzing the behavioural patterns within the Royal Family that his mother had such a hard time acclimatizing to, and that in marrying Meghan Markle he found a woman that gave him an opportunity that he can break free. Genesis says a man must leave his father and his mother and stick to his wife to become one flesh. I hope that the two succeed and lead a remarkable marriage and the best of success.

On 1/10/2020 at 8:25 PM, BenJepthah said:

So which is true? Donald Trump wants war so that he can get re-elected.  Or. Donald Trump so desperately wants peace that he has launched a multinational campaign to cover up the deaths of 80 people in order to get re-elected?     

Come to think of it, it's both.

It is often said that Americans don't like to change horses during wartime.

Americans are also said to shift opinions about war presidents when their boys start coming home in flag-draped boxes.

Isn't war and isn't this system insane?

7 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Come to think of it, it's both.

It is often said that Americans don't like to change horses during wartime.

Americans are also said to shift opinions about war presidents when their boys start coming home in flag-draped boxes.

Isn't war and isn't this system insane?

Perhaps true. But which rings true THIS time? Are there  80 dead Americans and 200 injured being hidden in Tel Aviv?   I very much doubt it. Especially considering that the source information is the The same Iranian news that for several days denied killing 176 people on a passenger plane.  It seems like an attempt to distract from that very embarrassing mistake in addition to being highly impractical. 

Edited by BenJepthah

According to CNN ( sorry having trouble pasting links lately) the AlAsad airbase has about a two hour advance warning of the attack.

It seems that Iran warned Iraq that the t would be attacking only the American barracks on the Iraqi bases. So the mystery of How their were no causualties has been solved.  

11 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Harry is only the third heir to the throne at this point, so I wouldn't overemphasize his decision. I do not think this is relevant in terms of prophecy at all. There have been similar cases of throne heirs declined succession. Just think of Edward VIII who was only king for a year because he decided to marry someone not of royal heritage.

The media is making a big fuss about this to make some money.

To finish my thoughts on this OT topic, Harry always was the one in the royal family who suffered the most after the death / manslaughter of his mother Diana. As he grew older he exhibited a number of behaviours that showed how desperately he wanted to be different break free from Royal convention, like displaying a Nazi uniform at a fancy dress party, or becoming a foot-soldier in a hot war, even seeking to be deployed in operations according to rumours. I would assume that as he grew older, he became more capable of observing and analyzing the behavioural patterns within the Royal Family that his mother had such a hard time acclimatizing to, and that in marrying Meghan Markle he found a woman that gave him an opportunity that he can break free. Genesis says a man must leave his father and his mother and stick to his wife to become one flesh. I hope that the two succeed and lead a remarkable marriage and the best of success.

Om

just hoping that somehow along the way H&M wind up in OUR camp.

1 hour ago, Lee49 said:

Okay, this is a rocket attack and not Iranian Missiles.  These may have been launched by the Iranian backed militias or possibly they are an attack by ISIS trying to take advantage of the tensions. My expectation is that the US will not retaliate beyond continuing to drum for Sanctions.

7 hours ago, BenJepthah said:

According to CNN ( sorry having trouble pasting links lately) the AlAsad airbase has about a two hour advance warning of the attack.

It seems that Iran warned Iraq that the t would be attacking only the American barracks on the Iraqi bases. So the mystery of How their were no causualties has been solved.  

Iran warned Iraq because they did not want to hurt anyone. The Iranians wanted to demonstrate what they are capable of. The USA has no chances to win with Iran in a conventional war without colossal losses. Iran is like a fort - mountains everywhere around the country, reasonably well-armed.  To start any attack the US need to use neighbouring countries as their bases. All those countries, like Saudi Arabia, Israel or Iraq are well within Iranian range. And the Iranians have shown how precise they can attack. It takes some precision to purposely miss by a tiny fraction not to hurt anyone.
On the other hand, the USA cannot involve in a conflict with Iran as that would expose them to China and Russia. Both countries would use that chance. The USA is a weakening empire and soon will no longer be able to project its power everywhere in the World. Attacking Iran they would cause a huge rise of terrorism, mostly on American soil.
In other words - there will be no WW3 - not yet.

4 minutes ago, מתתיהו said:

Iran warned Iraq because they did not want to hurt anyone. The Iranians wanted to demonstrate what they are capable of. The USA has no chances to win with Iran in a conventional war without colossal losses. Iran is like a fort - mountains everywhere around the country, reasonably well-armed.  To start any attack the US need to use neighbouring countries as their bases. All those countries, like Saudi Arabia, Israel or Iraq are well within Iranian range. And the Iranians have shown how precise they can attack. It takes some precision to purposely miss by a tiny fraction not to hurt anyone.
On the other hand, the USA cannot involve in a conflict with Iran as that would expose them to China and Russia. Both countries would use that chance. The USA is a weakening empire and soon will no longer be able to project its power everywhere in the World. Attacking Iran they would cause a huge rise of terrorism, mostly on American soil.
In other words - there will be no WW3 - not yet.

I agree with that assessment more or less. 

I was wondering what’s going on with Russia’s government (apart of the King of North )resigning is this normal ?

amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/01/15/europe/putin-reforms-analysis-intl/index.html 

Edited by acm2625

13 minutes ago, acm2625 said:

I was wondering what’s going on with Russia’s government (apart of the King of North )resigning is this normal ?

amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/01/15/europe/putin-reforms-analysis-intl/index.html 

How are they covering this event?  Are they acting like it's a momentous event or not?

Edited by Shawnster

Eleven U.S. troops injured in Jan. 8 Iran missile attack in Iraq

So it certainly looks like they lied when they said "all is good".

And now, more coincidentally (I guess), two dead soldiers were found under mysterious circumstances

You see, I don't believe the Iranian propaganda, but I also have good reason not to trust US propaganda.

16 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Eleven U.S. troops injured in Jan. 8 Iran missile attack in Iraq

So it certainly looks like they lied when they said "all is good".

And now, more coincidentally (I guess), two dead soldiers were found under mysterious circumstances

You see, I don't believe the Iranian propaganda, but I also have good reason not to trust US propaganda.

Or did they lie. It seems that the eleven had symptoms of Concussions. Those symptoms manifest over days to weeks. So, less a lie than a development .      To be fair.

3 hours ago, BenJepthah said:

Or did they lie. It seems that the eleven had symptoms of Concussions. Those symptoms manifest over days to weeks. So, less a lie than a development .      To be fair.

Then the US bunkers are useless, if they had so much time to get to safety away from a missile attack. Or, they weren't in safety and got hurt.

In any case, it can hardly have been a mild concussion if they flew them to Germany for treatment.

Edited by ChocoBro