JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WWIII King of North/South?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1562 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The targeted killing of Gen. Qassem Soleimani, the head of Iran’s elite Quds Force, could draw forceful Iranian retaliation against American interests in the region and spiral into a far larger conflict between the U.S. and Iran, endangering U.S. troops in Iraq, Syria and beyond.

The Defense Department said it killed Soleimani because he “was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region.” It also accused Soleimani of approving the attacks on the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad earlier this week.

https://apnews.com/5597ff0f046a67805cc233d5933a53ed

Trump: "Soleimani was plotting imminent and sinister attacks"

President Trump spoke publicly about Soleimani's death for the first time on Friday at a press conference in Palm Beach, Florida.

"Soleimani was plotting imminent and sinister attacks on American diplomats and military personnel, but we caught him in the act and terminated him," Mr. Trump said. 

"We took action last night to stop a war," he said. "We did not take action to start a war."

Operation against Soleimani was set in motion before embassy attack

According to officials, the attack on the U.S. embassy in Baghdad this week, while highly visible, was not what instigated the plan to kill Soleimani, CBS News national security correspondent David Martin reports. The operation against him was set in motion after an American defense contractor was killed last week in Kirkuk in a rocket attack on an Iraqi military base, Martin said.

"That's when the original direction was given: 'we're gonna take this guy out,'" said Martin.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/qassem-soleimani-top-iranian-military-commander-killed-in-u-s-airstrike-in-baghdad-2020-01-03/

Sounds like it was planned.  Targeted.   Direction.

Just checked today. WWIII, World War 3, Mideast, etc are all still trending on Twitter (meaning it's the most heavily tweeted about topic currently.)

It's ... interesting in a depressing way though. If you click the trending topic you see the 'top' comments as in the most popular ones liked and the 'latest' comments...

These people... A good chunk are joking about it, another chunk are debating politics, then you have people talking about getting drafted and commenting about how to avoid it. THEN you have others going "Can WW3 wait till ____ I'm not done." "WW3 can't come till____" and other such comments...

Now take all those posts and change WW3 to GT. ... And that's just Twitter. (A couple million people I think?)

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

unlike previous wars where they polled everyone alive at the time, and everyone said they were fully on board

Good point. :lol:

In WW2, it was Germany who intentionally started the war when they invaded Poland. Hitler was aware that would trigger a war but he thought Germany could win.

Nowadays none of the nations involved really wants a war because none has anything to win. A global war today would destroy human civilization.

2 minutes ago, carlos said:

Nowadays none of the nations involved really wants a war because none has anything to win. A global war today would destroy human civilization.

Couldn't Trump want a war? I'm not trying to side politics on anything. But I keep seeing tweets about something called a "wag the dog war" which I googled and it apparently means a war used to divert attention from something else important. Trump was being impeached... so couldn't he want to start a war to to divert attention away from the process?

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

10 hours ago, ChrisC said:

How can a person choose to bump off a specific person from a different land and it not be against international law?

(Generic question about any similar killing.)

It can legally be done IF : the person is deemed ( note the word) an imminent threat for an aggressive lethal or terrorist action , and, Not in their home country.     In this case: a Top General of a country identified as a state sponsor of terror ( that’s the claim right or wrong) is identified by reports as actively planning attacks against assets of the US while in a foreign land ( Iraq) .  Especially if the hey are uninvited by the country. Or so it seems. 

43 minutes ago, Nirex said:

Couldn't Trump want a war? I'm not trying to side politics on anything. But I keep seeing tweets about something called a "wag the dog war" which I googled and it apparently means a war used to divert attention from something else important. Trump was being impeached... so couldn't he want to start a war to to divert attention away from the process?

It’s possible. But the. Again he already had a chance to start a war with Iran and held off on retaliatory air strikes. And it undermines his biggest positive : a really good stock market.

10 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

According to June 15, 2012 WT, it brings out that the Anglo American Power will be dominant until the end despite it's Iron mixed with Clay.

That means there must be very, very little time left. China and Russia are very quickly becoming very powerful - also including Iran. As combined power the U.S. is nothing in comparison. So there must as I said very little time left before the GT.

Let's just sit back and see where this will go, as we are the only ones truly Keeping on The Watch of world events, living during prophetic times.  At first when I heard about it this morning on all the news sites, I thought what, what happen?  Then I read on and saw all the commotion.   Knowing this would make a pretty subject to bring up in service, showing prophecies from the bible.  And not trying to getting involved politically.   Some people don't even care.  But we care because we see the scriptures being fulfilled.  Right on time too.  Friends, lets see where this goes. I'd like to see what's on people's minds about this new scenario!  Like Sister Bea, above, I hope it's headed for Peace & Security.  Ah, at last trial and judgement, vindication time of Jehovah's right to rule.  It's moving forward.   

26 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Let's just sit back and see where this will go, as we are the only ones truly Keeping on The Watch of world events, living during prophetic times.  At first when I heard about it this morning on all the news sites, I thought what, what happen?  Then I read on and saw all the commotion.   Knowing this would make a pretty subject to bring up in service, showing prophecies from the bible.  And not trying to getting involved politically.   Some people don't even care.  But we care because we see the scriptures being fulfilled.  Right on time too.  Friends, lets see where this goes. I'd like to see what's on people's minds about this new scenario!  Like Sister Bea, above, I hope it's headed for Peace & Security.  Ah, at last trial and judgement, vindication time of Jehovah's right to rule.  It's moving forward.   

Yeah, its funny I always use to fear the GT - now I don't no where near as much. It will be a big relief when it comes!

Edited by GraceH

13 minutes ago, Buddy said:

Grace how are you making out down there with all the fires

Yes, Grace, not to get off topic in here, we are worried about Southern Australia on fire along the coasts. I saw such devastation, its as bad as the wild fires in California, no ever worse.  We love you Grace, and all our dear friends and families down under!  Hope it rains down there soon, if not you'll have to just pack up and move here with us!  Save what you can of the wild life, like the Joey's without parents, or the Kuala' bears.  So sad to see them roasted on the ground and the little bears,stopping people and begging for a drink of water!  This won't happen in Jehovah's holy mountain once the kingdom takes over! 

Edited by Allabord4Jah

9 hours ago, Shannie said:

Ummmmmm is this literal? Can you explain further

No. Third is symbolic. It means a large portion. 

Revelation is talking about judgement and destruction caused by Jehovah upon those who are his enemies.  Those third being killed are not because of some world war. It's divine judgment. 

7 hours ago, anniebea said:

I'm sure Trumps thinking is that he has a election coming up.... time to try and start a war 🙄

I doubt this entire thing is just Trump's idea. It might play a role, since Americans like to give a POTUS a second term if he's involved in a war.. but certainly the entire thing is more complex.

14 hours ago, BenJepthah said:

Especially if the hey are uninvited by the country. Or so it seems. 

This seems to not be the case. Soleimani apparently entered the country on FlyBaghdad Flight IF302 from Beirut and arrived at Baghdad International at roughly 23:00 hours and departed from the airport in a vehicle column at around 01:00 am.

Three hellfire missiles were launched from a Reaper drone, killing Soleimani and injuring more than a dozen Iraqi nationals, including Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, a prominent man within the Iraqi "Popular Mobilization Forces", an important Iraqi movement (predominantly Shiite) combatting the Islamic State.

So the man was obviously there for official reasons.

I've been doing some research into who the other victims were, and it's a confusing old mess. I think this will be interesting to observe.

Keep in mind while all this chaos is happening in Iraq, the "Islamic State" is reorganizing and regrouping within Syria after thousands of ISIS fighters have been freed from imprisonment thanks to Turkey's incursion into the Kurdish territory (forgot about that?)

Rumours are flying around that there was another drone strike yesterday, killing Shbl al-Zaidi, another  prominent commander of the  Kataib Imam Ali militia, another group fighting the Islamic State.

Somebody is trying to revive the Islamic State insurgency if you ask me. So it seems we will see a resurgence of the Syrian war very soon. I look forward to seeing the strawman arguments our "reliable media" will feed us to explain the reasons for the resurgence.

Edited by ChocoBro

4 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

This seems to not be the case. Soleimani apparently entered the country on FlyBaghdad Flight IF302 from Beirut and arrived at Baghdad International at roughly 23:00 hours and departed from the airport in a vehicle column at around 01:00 am.

Three hellfire missiles were launched from a Reaper drone, killing Soleimani and injuring more than a dozen Iraqi nationals, including Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, a prominent man within the Iraqi "Popular Mobilization Forces", an important Iraqi movement (predominantly Shiite) combatting the Islamic State.

So the man was obviously there for official reasons.

I've been doing some research into who the other victims were, and it's a confusing old mess. I think this will be interesting to observe.

Keep in mind while all this chaos is happening in Iraq, the "Islamic State" is reorganizing and regrouping within Syria after thousands of ISIS fighters have been freed from imprisonment thanks to Turkey's incursion into the Kurdish territory (forgot about that?)

Rumours are flying around that there was another drone strike yesterday, killing Shbl al-Zaidi, another  prominent commander of the  Kataib Imam Ali militia, another group fighting the Islamic State.

Somebody is trying to revive the Islamic State insurgency if you ask me. So it seems we will see a resurgence of the Syrian war very soon. I look forward to seeing the strawman arguments our "reliable media" will feed us to explain the reasons for the resurgence.

Reports of wars and rumors of war and troubles from the east...

On 1/4/2020 at 4:18 AM, Shannie said:

Ummmmmm is this literal? Can you explain further

Like I mentioned further above, to the best of my knowledge our current understanding is that this scripture has already been fulfilled, hat a symbolic fulfillment and pertained to the "spiritual death" of 1/3 of the world in the form of Christendom.

News update:

Iraqi Lawmakers Urge End to U.S. Troop Presence as Iran Mourns a Slain General

BAGHDAD — Lawmakers in Iraq voted on Sunday to require the government to end the presence of American troops in the country after the United States ordered the killing of the Iranian leader of the elite Quds Force, Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani, on Iraqi soil.

Well, funny thing is Trump said a few days ago he was going to send 3500 additional troops into Iraq.

They are ordered to serve as a response to threats throughout the region in the wake of Soleimani’s death.

Looks like a bumpy road up ahead.

https://www.google.de/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/world-safer-iranian-commanders-death-secretary-state-mike/story%3fid=68056187
World is safer because of Iranian commander's death: Secretary of State Mike Pompeo

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Sunday on ABC's "This Week," that the world is a safer place as a result of Iranian commander Qassem Soleimani's death.

"This was a bad guy, we took him off the playing field. And that's important because this was a fella who was the glue, who was conducting active plotting against the United States of America, putting American lives at risk," Pompeo told ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos.

11 minutes ago, Skye said:

https://www.google.de/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/world-safer-iranian-commanders-death-secretary-state-mike/story%3fid=68056187
World is safer because of Iranian commander's death: Secretary of State Mike Pompeo

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Sunday on ABC's "This Week," that the world is a safer place as a result of Iranian commander Qassem Soleimani's death.

"This was a bad guy, we took him off the playing field. And that's important because this was a fella who was the glue, who was conducting active plotting against the United States of America, putting American lives at risk," Pompeo told ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos.

That is what Bush and Blair said about Saddam too. Is the world safer today? :)  

Many analysts say that the killing of Soleimani was a major miscalculation on Trump's part and that it will lead to more bloodshed. The Iranian death fanatics will not leave it unanswered. 

Edited by Bek

The radical fanatics Middle Easterners, I saw a news report that (years ago) when they killed and captured American troops, they beheaded them and used their heads as soccer balls.  They remind me of the Assyrian's in King Hezekiah's time and Jonah's day.  They will not stop.  They are like the old Japanese Kamikazes.  Isn't Iran, a religious state?  So when Peace & Security is declared and Jehovah puts the one thought into their hearts to devastate her, will they turn on the Islamic leader and his religious hordes too?

On 1/4/2020 at 3:38 PM, Buddy said:

Grace how are you making out down there with all the fires

I'm not personally affected. Nor did I realise how bad it actually is. There are 3,000 fire fighters here - from Australia, New Zealand, the U.S. and Canada. And the fires, yes, are really, really bad. Penrith, in NSW, was 50 degrees - the hottest place on Earth a few days ago. There are fire balls occurring starting their own weather, lightning and volcano conditions.

Yeah, if we are not right (!) near the end - I don't what else can be given as an explanation for it.

On 1/4/2020 at 3:51 PM, Allabord4Jah said:

Yes, Grace, not to get off topic in here, we are worried about Southern Australia on fire along the coasts. I saw such devastation, its as bad as the wild fires in California, no ever worse.  We love you Grace, and all our dear friends and families down under!  Hope it rains down there soon, if not you'll have to just pack up and move here with us!  Save what you can of the wild life, like the Joey's without parents, or the Kuala' bears.  So sad to see them roasted on the ground and the little bears,stopping people and begging for a drink of water!  This won't happen in Jehovah's holy mountain once the kingdom takes over! 

Thanks, Allabord4Jah. Your kind thoughts are appreciated. Yes, hopefully you are right about Jehovah's Kingdom coming soon.