JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WWIII King of North/South?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1561 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3 hours ago, GraceH said:

It is interesting according to this interview the man speaking in this interview says it is puzzling why Trump has pushed the intensity levels up so quickly and for what reason? When there is a Nuclear deal (or was) in place - it was at a manageable level. Interesting. As guessed - the pushing between King of North and South - hence why to human kind not through spiritual eyes it makes no sense.????

the mn

There is nothing wrong to listen to CNN. Yet, they are very Anti-Trump. We all need to be careful of ones view points. Especially mine too because I'm Pro-Chocolate.

4 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Especially mine too because I'm Pro-Chocolate.

If Milk Chocolate and Dark Chocolate were both campaigning to be the President, I'm sure we would have to remind you to be politically neutral...😂

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

I saw some video that claimed it was this aircraft, it was on fire and made a huge explosion when it hit...

I believe another news source that it may have been hit by a missile fired from when Iran, when it was sending them off. I mean they could have accidentally hit the plane and killed those on board themselves.  I doubt if the plan had engine issues or some glitch.  I mean I guess they didn't tell the airlines not to fly right now, but this one didn't get the message.  But then it's Iran, and madness doesn't allow room for sanity. 

On 1/7/2020 at 2:54 AM, MykeMe said:

Putin didn't show up at the last summit (if I'm correct) and his attitude shows that he could care less about cooperating any longer with us

"us"? Were you invited to the summit?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The situation between Iran and usa will only worsen.

However, I see the politics of this world in the same light as the entertainment of the world prepared directly by the devil. We shouldn't believe everything we see and hear because we can't imagine what horrible things are not visible to us, the behind the scenes. It's more like a cartoon world out there. We remain politically neutral.

Although, there are many nice speculations and suggestions where this may lead us. We are more concerned of where we're going not where we are. A striking difference between True religion and false religion 

Edited by GodlyDevotion

18 hours ago, GodlyDevotion said:

The situation between Iran and usa will only worsen.

However, I see the politics of this world in the same light as the entertainment of the world prepared directly by the devil. We shouldn't believe everything we see and hear because we can't imagine what horrible things are not visible to us, the behind the scenes. It's more like a cartoon world out there. We remain politically neutral.

My problem is I always believe the exact opposite of what I hear on TV. That makes me healthily skeptical, but often not "neutral", I admit.

6 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

My problem is I always believe the exact opposite of what I hear on TV. That makes me healthily skeptical, but often not "neutral", I admit.

I appreciate you saying that. We know things are going to get worse and the test of our neutrality has already started. Its important to recognize how much of a challenge maintaining our neutrality may be for us individually and pray for help.

On 1/9/2020 at 1:12 AM, Bro Richard said:

If Milk Chocolate and Dark Chocolate were both campaigning to be the President, I'm sure we would have to remind you to be politically neutral...😂

I would throw Donut into the race ....LOL :blues-bros

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

10 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Perhaps it’s time to reduce “media exposure” ....? You Tube and all these talks shows presenting “viewpoints” 

It could be a protection for us. 

Neutrality is essential these days,  and during GT  

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

So, sounds like the crisis has passed, at least for now, and there isn't any further ratcheting of hostile talk between US and Iraq and Iran.

....publicly....

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

So, sounds like the crisis has passed, at least for now, and there isn't any further ratcheting of hostile talk between US and Iraq and Iran.

It's too early to say. There are numerous indicators slowly being leaked that Trump lied when he said there were no casualties. And if you look at the video with the impacts that was filmed by Iraqi locals, these seem like state of the art missiles impacting the base at high velocity, creating a bright blast and a loud bang. They DID impact the base and the damage was anything but harmless. Several buildings were destroyed. So I highly doubt nobody got injured, and in any case, it is obvious that the Patriot systems failed entirely.

But it's election year and everything is propaganda now. In any case, I don't believe the stories pushed by Iran that 80 Americans died and 200 were rushed to Tel Aviv medical facilities.. but I also highly doubt the US version of the account.

1 hour ago, ChocoBro said:

It's too early to say. There are numerous indicators slowly being leaked that Trump lied when he said there were no casualties. And if you look at the video with the impacts that was filmed by Iraqi locals, these seem like state of the art missiles impacting the base at high velocity, creating a bright blast and a loud bang. They DID impact the base and the damage was anything but harmless. Several buildings were destroyed. So I highly doubt nobody got injured, and in any case, it is obvious that the Patriot systems failed entirely.

But it's election year and everything is propaganda now. In any case, I don't believe the stories pushed by Iran that 80 Americans died and 200 were rushed to Tel Aviv medical facilities.. but I also highly doubt the US version of the account.

Any news link saying Iran states 80 dead? And why Tel Aviv and not an army base hospital that's right there or worse case Baghdad? Tel Aviv is over 800 miles (1300km) away. That just doesn't make any sense. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

21 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

If Trump says there were no casualties that would be very hard to cover up.  And then the motive to do so. It would mean that he doesn’t want war to a very great degree. I’ve seen speculation that Trump wants war in order to get re-elected, now is it going to be speculated that Trump doesn’t want war simply to be re-elected?  

This seems more likely the truth.  No casualties. I work in a Veterans Hospital. We will have some notice if it was otherwise. Iran’s rulers are under pressure to look strong to their own people so They are promoting the opposite story . Otherwise they look weak and a little foolish to their opposition in the region. 

16 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

If Trump says there were no casualties that would be very hard to cover up.  And then the motive to do so. It would mean that he doesn’t want war to a very great degree. I’ve seen speculation that Trump wants war in order to get re-elected, now is it going to be speculated that Trump doesn’t want war simply to be re-elected?  

This seems more likely the truth.  No casualties. I work in a Veterans Hospital. We will have some notice if it was otherwise. Iran’s rulers are under pressure to look strong to their own people so They are promoting the opposite story . Otherwise they look weak and a little foolish to their opposition in the region. 

If you calculate the time that the Forces stationed at the base had to react to the ballistic missiles, it suddenly becomes very unlikely that there were no casualties. These missiles have a speed of over 2000 mph and the base is like 60 miles away from the Iranian border. And it's not like there have not been lies about casualties before. All they have to do is write a letter to the relatives claiming that the soldier died in an IED attack or some other random lie. Do you really believe that everything these people say is the truth?

Video of the damage.

10 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

If you calculate the time that the Forces stationed at the base had to react to the ballistic missiles, it suddenly becomes very unlikely that there were no casualties. These missiles have a speed of over 2000 mph and the base is like 60 miles away from the Iranian border. And it's not like there have not been lies about casualties before. All they have to do is write a letter to the relatives claiming that the soldier died in an IED attack or some other random lie. Do you really believe that everything these people say is the truth?

Video of the damage.

How to prevent casualties in the barricks of a base when their is no time between launch and impact. 101 

Listen to the mole you have planted in the military of the enemy and move your people a day or two in advance to an undisclosed location. 

33 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Any news link saying Iran states 80 dead? And why Tel Aviv and not an army base hospital that's right there or worse case Baghdad? Tel Aviv is over 800 miles (1300km) away. That just doesn't make any sense. 

The 80 dead number was all over news. Here's a few links

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7863657/Iranian-state-TV-says-80-American-terrorists-kille-Iran-missile-strikes.html
and
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/08/false-claims-spread-online-after-iran-missile-attack-on-iraqi-airbase

I think this was the original article but I can't verify because I'm not able to access presstv for some reason.

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2020/01/09/615715/Twitter-Israel-Iran-Iraq-missile

And I understand your logic, it doesn't make sense, but it also doesn't make sense that the Americans send troops seriously injured in Iraq to the medical centers in Ramstein, Germany and in Landstuhl, Germany.. But they do.

3 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7863657/Iranian-state-TV-says-80-American-terrorists-kille-Iran-missile-strikes.html
and
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/08/false-claims-spread-online-after-iran-missile-attack-on-iraqi-airbase

I think this was the original article but I can't verify because I'm not able to access presstv for some reason.

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2020/01/09/615715/Twitter-Israel-Iran-Iraq-missile

And I understand your logic, it doesn't make sense, but it also doesn't make sense that the Americans send troops seriously injured in Iraq to the medical centers in Ramstein, Germany and in Landstuhl, Germany.. But they do.

Okay, claims originating from Iran are reported . A conspiracy theory is born ( very predictably) .  

So which is true? Donald Trump wants war so that he can get re-elected.  Or. Donald Trump so desperately wants peace that he has launched a multinational campaign to cover up the deaths of 80 people in order to get re-elected?     

1 hour ago, ChocoBro said:

and

Since Ramstein is the go to US base , why not just take them there? You can order soldiers all through the chain of command to remain silent . 

Taking them to Tel Aviv is just a part of Iran’s fantasy about Israel being the the little Satan to the US’ great Satan. It makes zero sense.

Actually, moving the bodies makes no sense . Why not just cremate them on the spot? Much easier to have them killed in action in all kinds of scenarios later without the messiness of storing bodies. 

Edited by BenJepthah

14 hours ago, BenJepthah said:

I’m waiting for the : “ US shot down the jet and is blaiming it of Iran “ conspiracy to emerge. 

Your comments are not what I personally consider exemplary in terms of political neutrality in my books. You seem to be very passionate about taking the side of US media, politicians and forces. Therefore, here a little reminder of "US shot down the jet" from 1988

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

These things seem to happen in war. And that is exactly what we've been having in the Middle East since the invasion of Afghanistan: war.