JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WWIII King of North/South?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1562 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

So uhh not sure what to title the topic. But on Twitter WW3 is trending. Apparently due to some very important guy in Iran dying from an airstrike that America ordered. What's more, Apparently Iran, China, and Russia (the big 3) told Trump not to do it, but America, UK, France (the other big 3) did it anyways.

....So a pop of pushing or WW3?

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

2 hours ago, Nirex said:

So uhh not sure what to title the topic. But on Twitter WW3 is trending. Apparently due to some very important guy in Iran dying from an airstrike that America ordered. What's more, Apparently Iran, China, and Russia (the big 3) told Trump not to do it, but America, UK, France (the other big 3) did it anyways.

....So a pop of pushing or WW3?

The killed Iranian general has long been a thorn in the flesh for the US government and they got rid of him after all. A quick glance over news headlines on the web shows that only sensationalist tabloids are talking about a possible global war.  So I doubt that there will be a WW3 over this, but some kind of retaliation can be expected. The general is said to have been a very popular figure in his home country and close to Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Khamenei. 

WW3 is very unlikely because nobody really wants it. Everybody knows there will not be any winner if such global war happens.

I also think it's extremely unlikely that Jehovah allows man to ruin the planet and exterminate humankind, which is what WW3 would involve. I can't see the GT involving just a handful of survivors in nuclear refuges spread here and there. And much less them claiming peace and security! :)

4 minutes ago, carlos said:

WW3 is very unlikely because nobody really wants it. Everybody knows there will not be any winner if such global war happens.

There is always a winner in a war: the military industrial complex

4 minutes ago, carlos said:

I also think it's extremely unlikely that Jehovah allows man to ruin the planet and exterminate humankind, which is what WW3 would involve.

But Jehovah is allowing man to ruin the planet to a great extent. And WW3 does not necessarily require mutually assured destruction. It depends on how the war is played out. A massive proxy war between several nations on several turfs with a lot of trade wars, propaganda wars and cyber-wars between the main protagonists would be a World War to me, and would probably be classified as such by history books.

6 minutes ago, carlos said:

And much less them claiming peace and security! :)

After a few months of severe killing and an ensuing peace deal would certainly be the call for peace & security we're waiting for.

I don't rule anything out. Revelation speaks of a third of mankind being killed. We interpret that as having a symbolic meaning. But again, I don't rule out that it will yet have a literal fulfillment of some sort. If it happens because it is Jehovah's plan, I will accept it. I'm not afraid of anything that is coming, even if it IS a nuclear overkill.

How can a person choose to bump off a specific person from a different land and it not be against international law?

(Generic question about any similar killing.)

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

2 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Revelation speaks of a third of mankind being killed. 

I don't remember reading anything like that. Would you please tell me the verse number? 

27 minutes ago, Bek said:

I don't remember reading anything like that. Would you please tell me the verse number? 

I was referring to Revelation 9:15-18

Don't ask me the details, since I'm not too much into interpreting Revelation, but the Grand Climax book (which is not 100% up-to-date understanding) used to state that this refers to Christendom, which is "dead spiritually"

1 hour ago, ChrisC said:

How can a person choose to bump off a specific person from a different land and it not be against international law?

(Generic question about any similar killing.)

First of all, this General was holed up in Baghdad... whatever he was doing there, it was certainly of political nature.

Second of all, the USA have passed tons of legislation in the past 18 years to enable them to carry out any form of killing that suits their political agenda, whether abroad or at home.

More specifically, the Iranian Al-Quds Brigade was designated a "terrorist organization". Hope that makes things "clearer"

The United States Department of the Treasury designated the Quds Force under Executive Order 13224 for providing material support to US-designated terrorist organizations on 25 October 2007, prohibiting transactions between the group and U.S. citizens, and freezing any assets under U.S. jurisdiction. The Government of Canada designated the Quds Force as a terrorist organization on 17 December 2012. Egypt’s nominations included the organization.

- wikipedia

The Anglo-American World Power is "weakened" based on unilateral decisions by the USA...historians are saying that this year, 2020, the world will see a worsening of this relationship due to Brexit and USA "abandoning" of Europe/NATO....The Anglo-American World Power is on the clock, meaning has little time left, this is going to be a pivotal year in history...

The potential for a "catastrophic" war is there, according to one US general. Here is the Guardian's analysis of the killing and its possible repercussions for the US and the Middle East:

Qassem Suleimani's death threatens to open grisly new chapter in Middle East

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/03/qassem-suleimani-iran-death-middle-east-us-trump

1 hour ago, Tbs77 said:

The Anglo-American World Power is "weakened" based on unilateral decisions by the USA...historians are saying that this year, 2020, the world will see a worsening of this relationship due to Brexit and USA "abandoning" of Europe/NATO....The Anglo-American World Power is on the clock, meaning has little time left, this is going to be a pivotal year in history...emoji6.png

According to June 15, 2012 WT, it brings out that the Anglo American Power will be dominant until the end despite it's Iron mixed with Clay.

2 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

The Anglo-American World Power is "weakened" based on unilateral decisions by the USA...historians are saying that this year, 2020, the world will see a worsening of this relationship due to Brexit and USA "abandoning" of Europe/NATO....The Anglo-American World Power is on the clock, meaning has little time left, this is going to be a pivotal year in history...emoji6.png

Recent developments have already given me the impression that the EU may lean towards the KoN toward the end of the system. I dread the idea of Russia mixing in everyday affairs of Europe, but it seems very tangible at the moment.

What is going on has just made me think about how close we are to the end. Things seem to be going sideways a bit in this country. And we know who will be in power when those feet are crushed. What happen between then and now, who knows? 
In reality, I don’t think we really have an idea. This has never happened before. 
We see ourselves literally being prepared for the end. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

3 hours ago, Bek said:

The potential for a "catastrophic" war is there, according to one US general. Here is the Guardian's analysis of the killing and its possible repercussions for the US and the Middle East:

Qassem Suleimani's death threatens to open grisly new chapter in Middle East

I wonder if a situation like this will become an "Arch Duke Ferdinand" type situation for the 21st century..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

10 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

I wonder if a situation like this will become an "Arch Duke Ferdinand" type situation for the 21st century..

I don't think a global war is very probable. A regional one is very likely. So you could have the "Arch Duke Ferdinand" on a smaller scale. 

I wonder what confused you in my first post. I can explain. 

Edited by Bek

By the way, I just recalled something I learnt about the Al-Quds brigade some time ago. It's interesting to know why it's called the "Al-Quds" brigade at all, and it also ties into the whole thing why it's classified as a terrorist organization etc.

Background: Al-Quds is an Arabic term for "The Holy [Place]", to be precise, it is what they call "Jersualem". So the "Al-Quds-Brigade" basically means "The Jerusalem Brigade". This is because their motive is:

The establishment of a sovereign, Islamic Palestinian state within the geographic borders of pre-1948 Mandatory Palestine

Soure: wikipedia

The founders of Al-Quds were prominent Palestinians with ties to Hamas, one being a prominent Islamic cleric. Now, I don't know how the Al-Quds movement made it from Palestine to becoming an elite military unit within the Iranian military, but it tells you something about the anti-Zionist mindset, and you can imagine why some people would want to have this man killed after the recent Shiite uprisings in Baghdad.

And for us, it's interesting to see more of the harlot riding on the beast of the political systems because in the end, this is all about religion again. And it's interesting to note that there are quite a number of military organizations or units in the Middle East that have strong ties to terrorism and religion. Another one is the Hisbollah army.

Edited by ChocoBro

8 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

After a few months of severe killing and an ensuing peace deal would certainly be the call for peace & security we're waiting for.

Revelation speaks of a third of mankind being killed. We interpret that as having a symbolic meaning. But again, I don't rule out that it will yet have a literal fulfillment of some sort. 

It may seem counter-intuitive, but if there is some kind of shooting war and millions die, they are better off than dying at Armageddon.

There is a possibility of a resurrection.  So, might Jehovah allow it?  He could.

2 hours ago, Bek said:

I wonder what confused you in my first post. I can explain

You stated that the US government intentionally killed the Iran General. Is that a fact or an assumption? 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

14 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

You stated that the US government intentionally killed the Iran General. Is that a fact or an assumption? 

This is a fact. It has been on all news outlets all morning. Mike Pompeo had an interview and said the General was an “imminent threat” to the USA, and they bombed him at the airport. The government is now telling all Americans to leave the region.

Here is more info:

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/03/baghdad-airport-iraq-attack-deaths-iran-us-tensions

"For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act." Phil 2:13

According to June 15, 2012 WT, it brings out that the Anglo American Power will be dominant until the end despite it's Iron mixed with Clay.

Exactly! that's why this is so exciting ..the Anglo-American World Power is on the clock...then God's Kingdom will rule...just because the Anglo-American World Power is to be dominant doesn't mean historians won't have concerns on the policies and relationships that could disintegrate for what they consider peace and stability...

58 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

An unfortunate accident.  Four laser-guided missiles were fired from a Reaper drone over hostile territory and this Iranian General drove right into range.  A shame really .:shrugs:

1 hour ago, Bro Richard said:

"The Pentagon said that he was killed "at the direction of President Trump". 

Edited by Alan

edited at Nurzat's request