JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

I'm wondering since there has been a coronovirus case in Lexington, Ky and 1 in Indiana - if the Assemblies & Conventions for those states will be canceled this year, as both states have declared a state of emergency?

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

3 minutes ago, Bluebell said:

how long?

Don't know.   Aaaggghhhh, elders are all on phone now deciding and calling branch.  One couple may have come in contact with the virus ("MAY") have.  So panic set in.  If (in my opinion) brother or sister has come in contact with the virus then quarantine yourself and call elders and let them know you are quarantining yourself.  This is the loving thing to do.  Therefore, if you have been exposed don't come to the hall.  No one will be infected.   But, somebody out there pushed the panic button and the elders are all in a frenzy.  Yikes!

I pray for you dear brothers and sisters. Critical times hard to deal with indeed! I’m glad the elders and the branch are taking it so seriously. We don’t have any confirmed cases up where we are (central NY) but I’m sure it’s only a matter of time. Stay safe everyone! 

And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

Just goes to show how seriously our loving shepherds take their responsibility to

protect Jehovah's sheep in their care.  They are only human and they will err,

but it's always best to err on the side of caution. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, cme said:

Don't know.   Aaaggghhhh, elders are all on phone now deciding and calling branch.  One couple may have come in contact with the virus ("MAY") have.  So panic set in.  If (in my opinion) brother or sister has come in contact with the virus then quarantine yourself and call elders and let them know you are quarantining yourself.  This is the loving thing to do.  Therefore, if you have been exposed don't come to the hall.  No one will be infected.   But, somebody out there pushed the panic button and the elders are all in a frenzy.  Yikes!

Problem is some won’t show symptoms for days...days they spent spreading virus with the congregation preaching and attending meetings. 

Hypothesis 6 Russia's state run media is forbidden to tell the actual story or the government has not released correct information 

Hypothesis 7 Russia has implemented the same procedures as North Korea and kills every coronavirus patient.  

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/247610/20200226/north-korean-man-shot-dead-after-being-suspected-with-coronavirus.htm

This was sent to us who volunteer at the Washington State Correctional facilitiies:

There is a wealth of information at the Department of Health website:  https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus .  This page changes daily, sometimes multiple times a day, so please visit it frequently for the most up to date information.  There is also a great fact sheet regarding “social distancing” that describes some safe, voluntary, precautionary steps you and you families can take to avoid exposure.  https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/1600/coronavirus/Factsheet%20-%20COVID-19%20Coronavirus%20Preparedness%20for%20Community%20Organizations.pdf

6 minutes ago, Zebra555 said:

Lady this morning on the ministry opened her door and told us she is in self imposed quarantine, GREAT!

Please note everyone :6 feet or more distance 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-51781573

Going to Moscow? You may need to self-isolate

If you're planning a trip to Russia - or more specifically, the country's capital - you should probably be aware of this, from our political correspondent Jonathan Blake:

The UK government is warning people travelling to Moscow that they may be asked to self-isolate for 14 days on arrival, due to the coronavirus outbreak.

For our weekend the reading of wt is omitted because of special announcements later. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 minute ago, AH173 said:

For our weekend the reading of wt is omitted because of special announcements later. 

Must be a lot of very important information coming. 😳

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

It's utter madness. People don't even have logical reasoning on why they are doing this, they can't answer. This is literal hysteria. You'd think the logic would be that people are stocking up because they plan on staying at home all year (that's what I thought at least), but..  you realise then that people are not trying to buy up all the food and water, just toilet roll. People literally are being sheep here, and many of them here are doing it because other people are doing it and they think it it's protecting them from the virus somehow.

There’s a dog trainer (I really like his training ways) from California (Brandon McMillan, “Lucky Dog”) who was advised that he was working too hard and needed to get away for his health.

So Brandon went to Italy. 😳 Not really one of the  best choices of vacation places. 

Hopefully when he comes back he doesn’t end up in isolation. ☹️

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

I am waiting for instructions from my body of elders this morning regarding door to door ministry.

Last night , my son was visiting his friend that is in a nearby congregation, and while there, that congregation’s elders called to say that the brothers are telling the friends NOT to do door to door ministry, but RVs and studies only. They also said that brothers and sisters over the age of 65 are advised to stay home.

Who knows, next week they may tell us to suspend the cart witnessing work.

I am sure these decisions are in harmony with branch. Emails are coming to the elders daily, almost hourly! 

30 minutes ago, Zebra555 said:

Lady this morning on the ministry opened her door and told us she is in self imposed quarantine, GREAT!

It would be nice if they put a note on the door....😱

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Its very unnerving times that we are living in.  I keep Isa:30.15 in mind constantly.  "Your strength will come in keeping calm and in trusting".  I'm taking this as a practice session and try to rely on Jehovah in any and all situations.  However,  I know the elder body are working with this situation as best they can.  I believe this is going to be a practice session for all of us.  Where in the scriptures does it say "if you can't run with footmen, how can you run with horsemen?".   So, when the GT comes we are all in it together.  May Jehovah grant us wisdom, patience and the peace that we will all need at that time and even now.