JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

To Neill - Beggarforthe spirit:

That's a short post my brother!! *waves hello - lotsa and lotsa of luv from us here in NZ.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

14 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

To Neill - Beggarforthe spirit:

*waves hello - lotsa and lotsa of luv from us here in NZ.

Red Panda Hello GIF by Oregon Zoo

waving hello 

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/aboutlawsregulationsquarantineisolation.html

Legal Authorities for Isolation and Quarantine

Isolation and Quarantine

Isolation and quarantine help protect the public by preventing exposure to people who have or may have a contagious disease.

Isolation separates sick people with a quarantinable communicable disease from people who are not sick.

Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick.

In addition to serving as medical functions, isolation and quarantine also are “police power” functions, derived from the right of the state to take action affecting individuals for the benefit of society. ( more at link)

2 hours ago, AH173 said:

If you seen the live broadcast, did you all see all the touching of the microphone and podium and shaking of hands. It could be a disaster (unless is was wiped down with anti microbial/ anti viral cleaner).

There's ONE with some sense! 

20200313_191451.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I don't know if this has already been posted. I'm finding it difficult to keep up.

https://informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/covid-19-coronavirus-infographic-datapack/

Just Older

Screenshot_20200314-091901_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200314-092104_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz

Add pics

20 minutes ago, Nirex said:

I'm so glad they put the last days at the end of that. I keep seeing FB posts of people saying the GT has started.

Don't let panic unravel your reasoning. After the letter was read on Tuesday night the elder giving it said for us to do our own research. 

Don't listen to FB posts. Use your own reasoning and pray to Jehovah for clarification. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Just now, Stormswift said:

Don't let panic unravel your reasoning. After the letter was read on Tuesday night the elder giving it said for us to do our own research. 

Don't listen to FB posts. Use your own reasoning and pray to Jehovah for clarification. 

Aye, people are just people. And rumour spreads like wildfire, people say "well he said it, so it must be true" not realising it came from one person who most likely just pulled it out of the air from nowhere.

Just now, EccentricM said:

Aye, people are just people. And rumour spreads like wildfire, people say "well he said it, so it must be true" not realising it came from one person who most likely just pulled it out of the air from nowhere.

They can't be blamed - even experts are contradicting one another. I've learnt by understanding the virus at the molecular level and then linking it to what I see - not necessarily what I hear unless I trust that source.

Just now, EccentricM said:

Also thanks for that, I'm off to make a FB post!

Just keep my name out of it.

The "Nordic Calling Hour [Nordens Kallelsestund],” a prayer meeting, will take place this weekend and will accommodate 500 people at a time.

They are under the protection of the Lord from the corona virus, according to the initiator.

"We feel God's deep peace and guidance in our decision to hold the conference and we must obey God in this," Lars Enarson told [Christian newspaper] Dagen.

Following the government's decision to ban meetings of over 500 members, many organizers have been criticized for circumventing the rules by admitting the exact amount.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/4q8vnE/bonekonferens-trotsar-coronaviruset-maste-lyda-gud (Swedish newspaper)

We, as Witnesses, are different, though. We follow the spirit of the law. We realise the danger for the weakest among us, and show our deep love and consideration by taking careful steps to protect them.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, AH173 said:

Ok. One mayor from a Florida city is self quarantining and was tested as featured on MSNBC Deadline White House program last hour.

I believe he is from Miami.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

3 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

The "Nordic Calling Hour [Nordens Kallelsestund" will take place this weekend and will accommodate 500 people at a time.

They are under the protection of the Lord from the corona virus, according to the initiator.

"We feel God's deep peace and guidance in our decision to hold the conference and we must obey God in this," Lars Enarson told [Christian newspaper] Dagen.

Following the government's decision to ban meetings of over 500 members, many organizers have been criticized for circumventing the rules by admitting the exact amount.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/4q8vnE/bonekonferens-trotsar-coronaviruset-maste-lyda-gud (Swedish newspaper)

We, as Witnesses, are different, though. We follow the spirit of the law. We realise the danger for the weakest among us, and show our deep love and consideration by taking careful steps to protect them.

We need an emoticon that denotes DEEP LARGE SIGH.