JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1515 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just thinking why we have a chat room that is not used. 

It is a provision the has been organized on jwtalk for brothers and sisters to beable Chat to others but it is not used. Or are people afraid  to use? 

I think it is a good way to get to kn our big family a little better 

Well, this feature has only been available for a few days and members are still not familiar with it. As you say many come in just to have a peek, then leave. Hopefully more will participate as they become used to it.

I have noticed that John (Qapla) is on almost at all times and does a wonderful job of welcoming everyone. :)

26 minutes ago, carlos said:

Well, this feature has only been available for a few days and members are still not familiar with it. As you say many come in just to have a peek, then leave. Hopefully more will participate as they become used to it.

I have noticed that John (Qapla) is on almost at all times and does a wonderful job of welcoming everyone. :)

Yes and I have chat with him 

I too try to encourage others when I see someone on

3 hours ago, Sheep said:

Personally, I don't find the chat feature useful. However, it was discussed in this topic a while ago, and several said they'd like to see it back.

You can try it again if you'd like. But if you don't find anyone there, just write it down as a not-at-home and try again later. :)

Haha we are all jw that means you can't count as NH 

34 minutes ago, careful said:

just curious, what percentage approximately, of jwtalk users are full access users?

Not counting lurkers or public viewers I would estimate 80 to 90% are Full Access Users. Some Limited Access Users never post and become Former members after a year of inactivity so the percentage would change often. A Limited Access User who wants to become a Full Access user only needs to build confidence in the minds of the Mod team that they are who they say they are by their comments. With varying personalities, cultural differences and spiritual maturity, sometimes it can take longer to get to know one over another. 

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

80% - 90% of JWTalk users may be full access - but, after spending some time on the Chat ... I would venture that the percentages are the opposite

About 80% or more of those who visit the chat are limited access and, therefore, cannot post to the chat. In addition, many of the full access users who visit the chat never post - even though they can - so, currently, lurkers in the chat are at 95% or more

We really need more full access users to join in the chat ... Please ! !

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

When you go to the chat room - you need to look to see if the others there have a small green "chat" bubble by their name. These are full access users and can post in the chat. If those there do not have this bubble - they are limited and cannot post

This is the bubble I mean

image.png.47024c59f21dd3f04dfa391b8cc6b9a5.png

It should show under those who can post to the chat