JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Zoom, Skype Technical Q&A here:

On 12/21/2023 at 1:18 PM, Korotkiy said:

My friend blind sister have asked about a problem with Windows 11:

She can heard speaker and brothers who have comments in Zoom fine.

Hovewer when Video or Music is on share screen the sound volume is extremely low.

Anybody faced this problem? 

What we have found is that the volume for the videos is set lower then the songs. If we turn up the volume for the video it is really loud at the hall. I do not know yet if there is a separate volume control that will allow you to increase the volume for zoom and not affect the sound at the hall.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok did not find answer to my question. 
When we click on anything in zoom we lose the 2nd screen that displays JW library. It can be just as simple as letting people into the meeting or when we go to share. If we go down to the tool bar and click on JW library it comes back. I do not want to take a screen shot and have that set as a back ground as then you would not realize that the picture on the second screen went down. 
Has anyone had this happen and if so were you able to come up with a solution?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello brother here we had the same problem. The problem with us came when we asked on the second screen to display it in full screen by clicking on the full screen button. We can resolve the problem by simply double-clicking so that it fits on the screen, but not by clicking the full screen button. So when we hover over the second screen we can still see the options at the top right to decrease or enlarge the window. By doing this, even if you click on zoom, the second screen of Jw Library remains displayed.

On 1/24/2024 at 9:12 AM, Jonathan Martins said:

Hello brother here we had the same problem. The problem with us came when we asked on the second screen to display it in full screen by clicking on the full screen button. We can resolve the problem by simply double-clicking so that it fits on the screen, but not by clicking the full screen button. So when we hover over the second screen we can still see the options at the top right to decrease or enlarge the window. By doing this, even if you click on zoom, the second screen of Jw Library remains displayed.

Hello Jonathan,

Could you please explain more detailed, where exactly you double - click the mouse ?

Hello Korotkiy, thank you for your message. You can double or single click with the mouse on the second screen to verify that the second screen of Jw Library is not full screen. We can check this when we can see by hovering the mouse over the second screen if we can see the three buttons at the top right to decrease, increase the screen or close the window. As soon as I'm in our kingdom room, I'll take a screenshot.

On 1/24/2024 at 12:12 AM, Jonathan Martins said:

Thank you so much for this information. I did as you mentioned and did not have any issues today.

Hello brothers

I wanted some help regarding a topic

I see that some of our brothers in the congregation are not well versed with mobile phone and zoom so when they take some parts in which they ask questions to the congregation members the people who raise hands on zoom go unnoticed is there any way in which the brother also is comfortable and the zoom participant also gets a chance

Edited by Ralphio

2 hours ago, Ralphio said:

Hello brothers

I wanted some help regarding a topic

I see that some of our brothers in the congregation are not well versed with mobile phone and zoom so when they take some parts in which they ask questions to the congregation members the people who raise hands on zoom go unnoticed is there any way in which the brother also is comfortable and the zoom participant also gets a chance

I have seen a congregation use a big yellow hand that the zoom attendant would raise when someone on zoom would have their hand raised. The zoom attendant was at the back of the hall so it really went unnoticed by those at the meeting but was very evident to the brother giving the part.

We have a tablet on a stand next to the lectern. By displaying the "Participant Panel" on the tablet, those with their hands up are moved to the top of the list so the person handling the part can easily see them. 

Now, as to getting them to actually look at the tablet ... well, some are still trying to learn :shrugs: 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

We have a 27" monitor dropping down from the ceiling in front and facing the speaker that mirrors the Zoom gallery on the sound desk. Most Zoomers have their camera off and their name appears in the gallery view, and if a Zoomer has a hand up, we at times "pin" that Zoomer on that screen so their name appears to be larger, thus making it easier for those conducting their part to see their name (especially when the conductor has bad eyesight).

Then again, our congregation seem to be "out of the norm" on how we do things compared to most.

On 2/1/2024 at 8:44 AM, Qapla said:

Now, as to getting them to actually look at the tablet ... well, some are still trying to learn :shrugs: 

But we are still training one elder who has moved in to look up at the monitor to see those and Zoom, and he is getting better at it, even making funny remarks of himself to "look up and see the hands up higher than the those in the audience".

Edited by Pabo

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but I need to ask about a problem again with some summarize. Maybe somebody have solution.

We have a problem on Windows 11 - Year text is disappeared on a second screen when something else shown here. The only way is to restart JWLibrary.

When someone have assignment and is absent in person, but is in Zoom, according to instructions (s-260, s-261), we need to move Zoom "speak screen" on the 2nd display. We are double-clicked to enlarge, then double-clicked to back to windowed and then drag back to 1st screen.

Hovewer when we move it back, Yeartext is missing and we need to restart JWLibrary. 

We are using background as a yeartext, but this is not a solution... 

4 hours ago, Korotkiy said:

Sorry but I need to ask about a problem again with some summarize. Maybe somebody have solution.

We have a problem on Windows 11 - Year text is disappeared on a second screen when something else shown here. The only way is to restart JWLibrary.

When someone have assignment and is absent in person, but is in Zoom, according to instructions (s-260, s-261), we need to move Zoom "speak screen" on the 2nd display. We are double-clicked to enlarge, then double-clicked to back to windowed and then drag back to 1st screen.

Hovewer when we move it back, Yeartext is missing and we need to restart JWLibrary. 

Yeah So the solution is 
On the second screen where the year text is double click on the year text, and it will go away from full screen. 

Then enlarge the year text but do not make it full screen. Use the arrow that appear when your cursor is close to the edge of the window that the year text is on.

The red circles is where the arrows will show up.

We had this issue and there was a recommendation to do it that way and that is what worked for us.

Also look for the others that have commented on the subject

Brother

Jonathan

Belgium

image.thumb.png.682a8efa2760e4712867c9a797001bad.png

20 hours ago, Korotkiy said:

I use https://github.com/AntonyCorbett/JwlMediaWin, enable the fix and disable stay on top. This keeps it maximized on the second screen like normal, but if Zoom or anything else ever goes on the second monitor, it won't freak out and try to escape that display because Zoom takes priority. If we need to display Zoom on the second monitors, I go into the Zoom settings, enable dual display mode, win+shift+left & win+up the speaker window over to the second monitor to maximize it, win+down and win+shift+right when done, disable Zoom's dual display.

Sometime's JWLibrary still messes up occasionally with the second window not popping up at all. Not sure if that's a software issue or if it has something to do with our main monitor setup running over SDI or something I'm not familiar with not switching over properly when we turn on the sound system, but toggling display on second screen and restarting it occasionally has still been needed. Particularly when JWLibrary has had audio issues during song playback, stuttering or playing the wrong thing, especially if we played music before the meeting.

• 2 weeks later...