JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Zoom, Skype Technical Q&A here:

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

I did a zoom update last week on my laptop. It screwed up the camera. It bounces up and down and got weird colors. Someone told me to delete it and re download it. 

Still bounces some, so I go off video and it straightens out for a bit, but soon it starts it again.

i sent a message to zoom but of course haven’t heard anything about it yet.

Several publishers have that camera problem (ir something like it).  The turn off the video and it goes away for a while.  Several knowledgeable people say it looks like a "bandwidth" or "memory size" issue.I am on the same internet provider (our town only has one cable).  I have 500 mbs service and 32 GB of ram memory and I don't have any problem

I have noticed that when you pin a participant to first screen, you can pop out the other participants, so you have only participate on that screen and move the other participants to another monitor.

This is now really neat, because we can have that ceiling monitor facing the stage when showing videos and songs to be a full screen. Makes it easier for the brother on the stage to view this monitor as it does make it slightly larger than when it had the other participants on the screen as well.

Edited by Pabo

On 1/16/2023 at 5:08 PM, Loopy said:

I did a zoom update last week on my laptop. It screwed up the camera. It bounces up and down and got weird colors. Someone told me to delete it and re download it. 

Still bounces some, so I go off video and it straightens out for a bit, but soon it starts it again.

i sent a message to zoom but of course haven’t heard anything about it yet.

O I did an update yesterday and this morning I was on zoom for a couple hours and the camera seemed fine. I just got the new camera I ordered today 😬 But if an update did it once…..

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

• 2 weeks later...

If you are having problems on Zoom with the top of your picture when your camera is on - try going to Video Settings>Advanced and turn off the top option "Optimize video quality with de-noise"

image.png.9abb585625242d1f80d782e2e2e0a2e8.png

This has been a fix for this glitch for a number of people.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 1/28/2023 at 2:51 AM, Qapla said:

If you are having problems on Zoom with the top of your picture when your camera is on - try going to Video Settings>Advanced and turn off the top option "Optimize video quality with de-noise"

image.png.9abb585625242d1f80d782e2e2e0a2e8.png

This has been a fix for this glitch for a number of people.

So glad I tipped someone in my cong about this! It worked for her. Thanks for sharing, Qapla :ok:

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

Here’s an interesting issue, a friend from an ASL congregation asked me this and I’m stumped.

when someone on zoom comments, they spotlight that person and share the zoom window so everyone sees it, when they do the get infinite black windows popping up on screen. Any ideas what’s happening?

34 minutes ago, howudodat said:

they are sharing the same screen or same window that is showing the zoom spotlight. it creates an effect similar to;

image.thumb.png.01ee07109f285c1c8b00f4dd617a50b9.png

why share the zoom window?  if it's spotlighted then everyone sees it

Spotlighting alone will not share it so it appears on the screens in the hall.

you cannot share and spotlight the same window/screen.

If your screens are set up according to the branch instructions, then the spotlighted speaker will always be on screen 2.  When you dont want zoom showing on the second screen you "cover" it with jw library by selecting the 2nd window of JW library (which is usually showing the year text)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We heard a solution this week for the distortian of the second screen.

At the beginning of the meeting start JWLibrary as usual. The yeartext is displayed at the second screen. Take your mouse to the second screen and double click it. It will minimise the yeartext and show up on the main screen. Drag it back to the second screen en dock it by taking it to the top of the screen. Let go. It will become full screen again but not maximised. If you now for instance show two persons on the second screen for a talk or display something else like the website and you drag the screen back to the main screen you will see the yeartext is displayed instantly on the second screen again. 

If you start playing a song or a video it will show up immediately on the second screen.

• 2 weeks later...