JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Zoom, Skype Technical Q&A here:

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it will come out at 11:59pm??????

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Friends..I have a question..There is an elderly sister who only has a Track Phone and she doesn't know how to call in to the Zoom FS meeting. Is it possible that the Zoom host could call her to connect her to the meeting? I think her phone is a flip phone😐

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

8 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

Friends..I have a question..There is an elderly sister who only has a Track Phone and she doesn't know how to call in to the Zoom FS meeting. Is it possible that the Zoom host could call her to connect her to the meeting? I think her phone is a flip phone😐

If the sister does not have any other digital device (tablet, computer or smart-phone) she will only be able to listen and not see the program or videos.  With each Zoom meeting there is a phone number available to call (it may involve lond-distant charges).  Once the phone call is made, you must type in a passcode from the cellphone key pad to gain entrance to the meeting.

The phone number at our hall is the same each meeting.  But some Kingdom Halls change the number or passcode each meeting.  The person with the phone has to make the call not the zoom host).

How has this sister attended the meeting during the last 2 1/2 years on zoom?

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

If the sister does not have any other digital device (tablet, computer or smart-phone) she will only be able to listen and not see the program or videos.  With each Zoom meeting there is a phone number available to call (it may involve lond-distant charges).  Once the phone call is made, you must type in a passcode from the cellphone key pad to gain entrance to the meeting.

The phone number at our hall is the same each meeting.  But some Kingdom Halls change the number or passcode each meeting.  The person with the phone has to make the call not the zoom host).

How has this sister attended the meeting during the last 2 1/2 years on zoom?

Thanks..yes I know that..the sister's daughter used her iPad and they attended together..but now she is not available to do that. The mother's phone is a flip phone, and she can't manage any input..she can answer the phone if someone calls her, and possibly call her daughter if she needs help..maybe by pushing one number..That is why I was wondering if the host could connect her by calling her phone..

cat2_e0.gif

12 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

Thanks..yes I know that..the sister's daughter used her iPad and they attended together..but now she is not available to do that. The mother's phone is a flip phone, and she can't manage any input..she can answer the phone if someone calls her, and possibly call her daughter if she needs help..maybe by pushing one number..That is why I was wondering if the host could connect her by calling her phone..

Maybe a friend who joins on Zoom can call her phone number with their phone and just leave it sitting next to their speaker and let her listen?

3 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Maybe a friend who joins on Zoom can call her phone number with their phone and just leave it sitting next to their speaker and let her listen?

That is exactly what a sister did..but the phone next to the iPad caused interference and echos.

cat2_e0.gif

Is this new or has always been a feature? 

Seems simple, I  going to try this soon. 👍

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

The invitation/link for our Zoom meetings include the Zoom link for camera devices as well as a phone link for phones that do not have a camera.

This is nothing new.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

3 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

@jwhess  I found this possibility..I will share with the sister who is trying to help and she can share with her elders if she wants to..https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4404535651085-Inviting-others-by-phone-call-out-

Will our KH Zoom app and the Host have these settings available"

On 1/6/2023 at 4:23 PM, jwhess said:

Will our KH Zoom app and the Host have these settings available"

I was hoping what was stated earlier would work but with the Branch zoom account, I believe it does not work for it.

Our congregation has a Branch account - we have the ability to connect by phone.

On our "Invitation" We have:

• Meeting ID
  • Password
  • Dial in number
  • http direct connect link

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 1/8/2023 at 5:43 PM, Qapla said:

Our congregation has a Branch account - we have the ability to connect by phone.

On our "Invitation" We have:

• Meeting ID
  • Password
  • Dial in number
  • http direct connect link

I think what Br. Ashley was describing was the ability for the Zoom Host to place a call to the older sister and connect her to the program.  We have the ability for the recipient at home to call US to connect but not the reverse.

I did a zoom update last week on my laptop. It screwed up the camera. It bounces up and down and got weird colors. Someone told me to delete it and re download it. 

Still bounces some, so I go off video and it straightens out for a bit, but soon it starts it again.

i sent a message to zoom but of course haven’t heard anything about it yet.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”