JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

June Broadcast 2020

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1366 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

20 minutes ago, jwmanubcn said:

If there is no Gilead School now. There will be no Broadcasting of the Gilead Graduation in December. There may be a special Broadcasting program. What do you think?
Regards.

I think the programs already produced for July and August fill the gap.

I love Gilead. Always anxious to here those talks and presentations.  There was a time when we did not have this privilege to view the graduation.  I always had wait for crumbs of information to trickle down. But now we can hear them as if we were there.  Many years ago when my wife and I were in international construction, we were assigned to work at Patterson for 3 months.  We were so anxious to sign up for the Gilead Lectures. If you are in Bethel you can sign up for them..  We could only go to two during our construction period.  Brother Milton Henschel spoke to the students about how to respond to any persecution.  I remembered his harrowing experience in the 1977 Year Book p.170-175, where he was nearly knocked unconscious.  So I was keen to listen to him.  He said, preach to everyone, everywhere and don't stop.  He gave so many memorable examples.  Then we had Brother Lyman Swingle, and he gave a fascinating lecture on failed missionaries. I was surprised.  It was like a warning not to be prideful and to always be on guard regarding our imperfections.  So many years ago, but I hear their words like it was yesterday.  Never turn down and opportunity for a rich spiritual dish.

4 hours ago, Victoria said:

I love watching Gilead Graduation because it is the only opportunity to listen to brother Cauthon's great talks. They really touch my heart.

He is one of my very favorite speakers!  I always wish he'd do a morning worship or something 🥰

Edited by Hope

And what's next this month?

Here is a small look at the thumbnails:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

What a month!

But we have to wait a long time for the elbow bumps.

Graduation of the 148th Class of Gilead.mp4_snapshot_02.37.47.679 (2).jpg

I don't want to show that, but see what fun they have.

Edited by The German

On 5/25/2020 at 4:07 PM, Luigi62 said:

We are not going to have a regular Broadcast program until September 2020.

True,  but we look forward to June parts 2 & 3 later this month 😄 

And July & Aug are both 3-parters too 😄🎶

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

11 hours ago, jwmanubcn said:

If there is no Gilead School now. There will be no Broadcasting of the Gilead Graduation in December. There may be a special Broadcasting program. What do you think?
Regards.

I think it will be a regular program not gilead Graduation, as a sort of catch up.

8 hours ago, The German said:

And what's next this month?

Here is a small look at the thumbnails:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

What a month!

But we have to wait a long time for the elbow bumps.

Graduation of the 148th Class of Gilead.mp4_snapshot_02.37.47.679 (2).jpg

I don't want to show that, but see what fun they have.

hello brother,

can you share June broadcast 2020 transcript.

On 6/1/2020 at 6:56 PM, jake3328 said:

I love Gilead. Always anxious to here those talks and presentations.  There was a time when we did not have this privilege to view the graduation.  I always had wait for crumbs of information to trickle down. But now we can hear them as if we were there.  Many years ago when my wife and I were in international construction, we were assigned to work at Patterson for 3 months.  We were so anxious to sign up for the Gilead Lectures. If you are in Bethel you can sign up for them..  We could only go to two during our construction period.  Brother Milton Henschel spoke to the students about how to respond to any persecution.  I remembered his harrowing experience in the 1977 Year Book p.170-175, where he was nearly knocked unconscious.  So I was keen to listen to him.  He said, preach to everyone, everywhere and don't stop.  He gave so many memorable examples.  Then we had Brother Lyman Swingle, and he gave a fascinating lecture on failed missionaries. I was surprised.  It was like a warning not to be prideful and to always be on guard regarding our imperfections.  So many years ago, but I hear their words like it was yesterday.  Never turn down and opportunity for a rich spiritual dish.

quite re-assuring that we have such senior friends like you here on JW talk. I am very grateful that the GB made this arrangement that we can also listen to the Graduation talks. I always look forward to them.

1 hour ago, blacc said:

Has anyone here actually seen the entire program?

Usually I do because I listen to the talks when I eat at the cafeteria at school. I often eat alone and I like to listen to the talks and meditate on them during that time. But this year my school, like dozens, was closed so I can watch the program and really take my time. I’ve only seen the first talk so far.

Edited by Romain

1 hour ago, blacc said:

Has anyone here actually seen the entire program?

The Gilead graduation was only viewed remotely by family and Bethel friends. So if you were part of that group, you got to see all of it (almost 3 hours).

If you did not get that invitation in march, then all we have available is the first of 3 sections of about an hour each.  The next two parts will be shown in the coming weeks of June.  We have another 4 Mondays to see it.

So basically, no one has seen all 3 parts yet.

Then the two months of Regional Conventions begin. 

On 6/1/2020 at 6:28 PM, Hope said:

He is one of my very favorite speakers!  I always wish he'd do a morning worship or something 🥰

Yes, Brother Cauthon always has his unique way of illustrating things, with videos... He's done that in a few Gilead programs.... I always wonder too why he never gets to feature on a Morning Worship Program. Might that have to do with his not being a Helper to the Governing Body?

Edited by blacc

Wrong word choice

47 minutes ago, jwhess said:

The Gilead graduation was only viewed remotely by family and Bethel friends. So if you were part of that group, you got to see all of it (almost 3 hours).

If you did not get that invitation in march, then all we have available is the first of 3 sections of about an hour each.  The next two parts will be shown in the coming weeks of June.  We have another 4 Mondays to see it.

So basically, no one has seen all 3 parts yet.

Then the two months of Regional Conventions begin. 

The months of June-August are indeed promising... So much to stream and watch.

So this is the one that was rumored where he said there wasn't much time left for inactive ones? Can't wait to see what the exact phrasing was.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB