JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Does it ever strike you as very weird or even peculiar that most people don't think about the sovereignty issue

or about why God allowed so much badness in the world? 

I think it's one of the very core problems mankind has ever had and it's only natural that one thinks about it from time to time in his/her life..

It appears that only spiritually sheep-like ones are truly curious and interested in such matters..

In other words, most people are not curious about its answer because Jehovah, the all-seeing one, would've helped them if they had been truly curious. 

Or am I oversimplifying things?

(There IS a thesis called 'Problem of Evil', can be even found in the wikipedia..
But their explanations are very philosophical and abstract.. Almost like a thought experiment, not really an attempt to know the truth)  

I wonder, had I been born as a non-jw, would I have grown up thinking about it even once. I really don't know.

Maybe I would've given up very quickly due to the negative spiritual influences from churches(hellfire)  or modern science like evolution.

What do you think? 

Have you felt the same way? 

Edited by Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual

(Matthew 7:13, 14) 13 “Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it.

According to God's Son, it would be even weirder if they DID 

"think about the sovereignty issue"

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I have felt this way for years. I go back to when the world rulers knew who Jehovah is. Maybe did not respect His power, but at least knew who it was. 
Today, Satan is so successful at hiding the issue from mankind, that the only way they even know Jehovah exists, is you and I, and, some 8 million+. 
When Jehovah gets through warning the nations, I’m thinking they will have had an opportunity to know Jehovah. And, yes, they will all come to know him, for their eternal blessing, or otherwise. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

21 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

I have felt this way for years. I go back to when the world rulers knew who Jehovah is. Maybe did not respect His power, but at least knew who it was. 
Today, Satan is so successful at hiding the issue from mankind, that the only way they even know Jehovah exists, is you and I, and, some 8 million+. 
When Jehovah gets through warning the nations, I’m thinking they will have had an opportunity to know Jehovah. And, yes, they will all come to know him, for their eternal blessing, or otherwise. 

Yes, indeed!

And what's even weirder is that even when under extreme pain and oppression, people don't call out to God..

But what's there to lose? If they cry out in prayer really hard many times, maybe not to escape the pain right away but to understand why such things are happening..

Would God still ignore them? 

I think somehow the connection between Jehovah or that specific spiritual thinking ability has been lost in many humans' genes, somewhere deep down or severely severed

that they can't even begin to think about it. It's really weird. Exactly as how these two verses explain.

Job 35

9 People cry out when under great oppression;
They cry for relief from the domination of the powerful.
10 But no one says, ‘Where is God, my Grand Maker,
The one causing songs to be sung in the night?’

I tend to think about the Bible or the sovereignty issue a lot..

Is it because Jehovah is somehow allowing that to happen in my brain because I'm such a good, precious person His eyes?

I don't know. I don't think I'm such a good person. 

There are many more worldly people who are way more kind and warm-hearted than I am. 

Of course, I do have this tendency in my heart to WANT TO obey Jehovah and I want to live under God's wings forver.

But I'm not sure if it's just because I'm so wired/structured mentally or because Jehovah has allowed me to feel, think such things. 

It's like asking which is first, eggs or chicken.

Sorry, my rambling again. 

Edited by Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual

:eek:      :facepalmpo2:   :wall: 

Do you find it weird that a blind person does not think about what the color blue looks like?

The scripture clearly says that Satan has blinded the minds of the unbelievers ... so,

NO!

I do not find it weird that spiritually blind people don't think about spiritual things!

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Yes, without holy spirit, it's totally impossible for one to understand the truth. 

Father draws them all.

But it's just that I can't help wondering from time to time, 

because

Does God exist? If He does, why does he allow suffering?

These two questions are, to me, very basic, ones that even kids can think about, whether he's particularly smart or ordinary. 

It seems very natural, basic and human to ask such questions, maybe not often but at least a few times. 

But in most cases, most people that I've talked to, their reaction is like... as if they are not hearing it when I'm actually talking about it.

As if something's blocking them. 

I wonder if that 'blocker' is Satan, so Satan is somehow using his power or if it's their innate indifference to other human beings (signs of selfishness or apathy).

they are in effect so unloving at heart they don't care about others or if it's just that it's so deep mentally, it's beyond their comprehension. 

I think people's lives are so hectic, they don't "think" like we do, or even like people used to years ago in the world. We hardly even see worldly philosophers or deep thinkers anymore. Compared to the past.

People live for the moment, they encompass "ignorance is bliss", they live hard and die fast.

Edited by EccentricM