JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A random thread of absolute randomness...

35 minutes ago, Ostria said:

(Waking up earlier than normal for my first day of the 2024 convention)

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOExcited Hype GIF by Sound FX

Enjoy! 🙂💜

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

• 3 weeks later...

Im sorry but i know this may ruffle some feathers but (breathes) Mountain Dew Baja Blast is the worst branding flavors of mt dew to ever exist. The only thing worse is Dewshine (OG mt dew made with cane sugar).

Now Livewire and pitch black is where its at 😍

2 hours ago, Ostria said:

Im sorry but i know this may ruffle some feathers but (breathes) Mountain Dew Baja Blast is the worst branding flavors of mt dew to ever exist. The only thing worse is Dewshine (OG mt dew made with cane sugar).

Now Livewire and pitch black is where its at 😍

lol I work for the company. The flavors that come across my screen never cease to amaze me. 
I don’t drink regular soda (I like some prebiotic ones that are out there by other companies) so every time they ask that question about what’s your favorite company product, I just say oatmeal or water. 😂

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

• 2 weeks later...

Can yall smell your memories? It sounds weird i guess, but when thinking of certain parts of my life, the smells rush back to me. Like when thinking of my childhood in vegas, the memories smell like freshly opened TCG packs, going to toys r us brings up a strange plastic/rubber smell. Thinking about my teenage years smells like fried chicken or anything else i think of my mom cooking. I have an aunt in Buffalo that was a chain smoker, when i think of her or her sisters, that weird 2nd hand smoke stuck in the walls smell engulf me (but in a good way... Ngl i hate that they got rid of smoking in resturants. I know why they did it but it was nostalgic to me lol). It increases the immersion of the memory 10 fold. I do have some memories with no smells, but i think its because of negative experiences (like school memories or memories with certain exes). So it makes me wonder, if other people are able to smell some of their memories.

Jehovah created the perfect solar panel.

A tree leaf.

So why don't solar panel trees look like trees? I'd like one in my yard.

Climate Change Plant GIF by NRDC

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The human brain weighs about the same as a bottle of wine.

That explains a lot...:whistling:

Sometimes I'm not in my right mind...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 8/6/2024 at 11:39 PM, Ostria said:

Can yall smell your memories? It sounds weird i guess, but when thinking of certain parts of my life, the smells rush back to me. Like when thinking of my childhood in vegas, the memories smell like freshly opened TCG packs, going to toys r us brings up a strange plastic/rubber smell. Thinking about my teenage years smells like fried chicken or anything else i think of my mom cooking. I have an aunt in Buffalo that was a chain smoker, when i think of her or her sisters, that weird 2nd hand smoke stuck in the walls smell engulf me (but in a good way... Ngl i hate that they got rid of smoking in resturants. I know why they did it but it was nostalgic to me lol). It increases the immersion of the memory 10 fold. I do have some memories with no smells, but i think its because of negative experiences (like school memories or memories with certain exes). So it makes me wonder, if other people are able to smell some of their memories.

I don't usually remember the smells from a memory unless they were particularly vivid (like an outhouse). It's more common for me to smell something and it brings up a memory.

Did you know that octopuses have three hearts? Two of the hearts pump blood to the gills, while the third heart pumps it to the rest of the body. Interestingly, when an octopus swims, the heart that delivers blood to the body actually stops beating, which is one reason why octopuses prefer crawling to swimming—they tire quickly when they're swimming!

On 8/11/2024 at 5:10 AM, Tortuga said:

The human brain weighs about the same as a bottle of wine.

That explains a lot...:whistling:

Sometimes I'm not in my right mind...:lol1:

Well, with the size of my head, I think I may have a barrel of whiskey inside my head, due to my high spirits. 🥃

Swifts not only sleep while flying but also manage to stay over their territory without being carried away by the wind. To find out how they do it, ornithologists Johan Bäckman and Thomas Alerstam of Sweden’s Lund University used radar to track the swifts’ nocturnal movements. As reported by the German science magazine Bild der Wissenschaft, the researchers observed a certain flight pattern that keeps the swifts in position. The birds climb to high altitudes, up to 10,000 feet [3,000 m], and then fly diagonally to the wind, changing directions rhythmically every few minutes. This rhythmic pattern keeps them moving to and fro over their territory. At low wind speeds, however, the swifts were observed to spend their sleeping time circling.

Elon Musk has a planet full of lethal lithium batteries and a sky full of satellites. Does anyone else think that one day he will threaten to blow up the world if they don't make him king of the world?

Hold on, three black Tesla's just pulled up, I'll be right bac

59 minutes ago, Ostria said:

So we got 989k posts on the site, is there gonna be a party when we hit one mill? Like everyone supplies their own pizza and we just cause havoc in Q's zoom chat 🤭

Star Trek Q GIF

1 hour ago, Ostria said:

So we got 989k posts on the site, is there gonna be a party when we hit one mill? Like everyone supplies their own pizza and we just cause havoc in Q's zoom chat 🤭

Well, it looks like we're over 1 million even now! And at least we didn't blow up. We'll just have to wait to see about the pizzas, but I can assure you that Q will not tolerate havoc in his zoom chat.

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

Well, it looks like we're over 1 million even now! And at least we didn't blow up. We'll just have to wait to see about the pizzas, but I can assure you that Q will not tolerate havoc in his zoom chat.

Where you getting your numbers from?

Screenshot_20240827_231252_Chrome.jpg

11 minutes ago, Ostria said:

Only 10,500 to go?

Mandi and I can do that in a month...:lol1:

15 hours ago, Ostria said:

I wasn't looking under Forum Statistics. I got the "over 1 million" from the numbers in each post. For example, for this particular post the number is:

Numbers.jpg.0c2410d0770e4a583b8609eea5cc4999.jpg

However, this number may include posts that have been hidden by the moderators.

Edited by Sheep

7 hours ago, Sheep said:

I wasn't looking under Forum Statistics. I got the "over 1 million" from the numbers in each post. For example, for this particular post the number is:

Numbers.jpg.0c2410d0770e4a583b8609eea5cc4999.jpg

However, this number may include posts that have been hidden by the moderators.

Oh, those are comments though, not posts. Two separate things

2 hours ago, Ostria said:

Oh, those are comments though, not posts. Two separate things

I don't think so. But I'm not certain. Either way, why does that number increase by one every time someone posts something? If they are just "comments," then where can we look at these comments? What are they? At this moment, 10:57 PM EDT, the number of the last post made is 1007847. I'll let you know what this post says after I post it…

EDIT:

Number2.jpg.9782d067aaf28f675ec1ceed9b762a37.jpg

The above is how many posts/comments there are now. Once again, the difference between ...852 and ...847 may be the number of posts/comments from Limited Access Users that have not been approved yet.

To be sure, we may have to attract an administrator such as @carlos or @trottigy to see if they know what a "comment" is.

Edited by Sheep

18 minutes ago, Sheep said:

The above is how many posts/comments there are now. Once again, the difference between ...852 and ...847 may be the number of posts/comments from Limited Access Users that have not been approved yet.

There are also a lot of comment/posts in Confidential that may be part of the number that you are seeing.

(This is post/comment #1007854)

Edited by Tortuga

Interesting I get a different #, but close

https://jwtalk.net/topic/45913-a-random-thread-of-absolute-randomness/page/26/#comment-1007661

With almost 200 posts LESS.

I don't know what qualifies for each .....

note - I'll dig around. I do see that the forum tracts stats, but I don't see a specific # TOTAL:

posts.thumb.JPG.2e1d2537fe924dd87fbfd89d67ad2dde.JPG

EDIT: I can go back to only 2011, but ... technically we have been around longer

posts2.thumb.JPG.36a6f9d5a721e8f4860e41e2804df627.JPG

This is cool looking!

posts3.thumb.JPG.1e25ac3f1cee71671d4ba19a02a8ef3a.JPG

But NO totals anywhere

Side note: my post # has stayed the same with each edit. Interesting ....

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....