JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A random thread of absolute randomness...

Thinking today- brothers growing a beard today might make it more comfortable for the "men of old" who'll be resurrected first. But then I think....will Abraham, Daniel, Moses etc. be resurrected with a beard? Soooo, would that make the tribulation that much closer? ๐Ÿ™‚

I know we've seen a brother in the broadcast with a beard but it'll be very interesting to see how many of the GB and it's helpers will sport a beard.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Am watching a program on Nikola Tesla, the smartest man in the world in his day. Things such as cell phones, electricity, self driving cars etc is attributed to him. Much of our tech today was because to him! Boy, let me meet this guy in the NS! He's totally going to make huge contributions.ย 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B07CVFDTR2/ref=atv_dp_share_cu_r

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

On 1/8/2024 at 5:29 PM, bagwell1987 said:

Am watching a program on Nikola Tesla, the smartest man in the world in his day. Things such as cell phones, electricity, self driving cars etc is attributed to him. Much of our tech today was because to him! Boy, let me meet this guy in the NS! He's totally going to make huge contributions.ย 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B07CVFDTR2/ref=atv_dp_share_cu_r

Hopefully, he won't come back asking "Where'd all my pigeons go?"

• 2 weeks later...

Was talking to my sister last night out in the boonies in Saskatchewan.

ย 

We were talking about because we were born and raised in Paris, ON we are Parisians.

However if you moved into Paris you were a

Spoiler

Parasite ๐Ÿ™Š

ย 

She mentioned that where she lives they built several duplexes on former swamp land, Thus they are

Spoiler

Marshians ๐Ÿ›ธ ๐Ÿš€ ๐Ÿ‘ฝ

She groaned :shrugs:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I had to go to the bank to get money to pay a fella who did some work for me. The Teller asked what type of bills I wanted I said just big ones as it's going to 1 place. He said ok.....quarters ok? Oh I busted a gut laughing. As he was counting the bills he stopped and said we can make it really exciting and pay in pennies! Cute kid!!

ย 

Today I went to the store and was looking for lamb. I asked the meat guy if he had either lamb or goat, he said yes right down here. So we walked down and he showed me the selection. I was so delighted I told him he was awesome and he said "yes I am" I turned back to him and said "you just called yourself awesome" and swatted his arm he was rolling in laughter! I guess people don't catch his humor often enough!!

• 3 weeks later...

I just googled Australia superimposed over the USA because I thought Australia was wayyy bigger. It showed it was not quite as big but I'm not sure that's right.

Info also said there were 3 time zones but some said 5 time zones. So for you folks there can you give me the right info?ย 

Yes, Australia is a bit smaller than continental USA, and you also have Alaska and Hawaii.

ย 

Daylight savings gives us 5 time zones, because not all states do it. But usually itโ€™s Australian Eastern Standard Time, Central Time, and Western Time. So three time zones when itโ€™s not summer.

ย 

Bonus: we do not have kangaroos hopping down the street, unfortunately ๐Ÿ˜‚

23 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Bonus: we do not have kangaroos hopping down the street, unfortunately

But it does look like Scooby-Doo!

Australia = Scooby Doo โ€” Weasyl

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

ย 

At least it's the heads. Some have referenced another part of the anatomy, usually not mentioned in polite company. Oz is about 85% of the size of mainland USe89204d9cec8fef6da56e325508d7102.jpg

Old (Downunder) Tone

• 2 weeks later...

I think that it is amazing that the government could build a bionic man for only 6 million dollars in 1973..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

ย 

On 2/14/2024 at 4:49 PM, โž•๐Ÿ‘‡ ๊“ค๊“ฑ๊“ท๊“ ๊“ต๐ŸŽตTone said:

At least it's the heads. Some have referenced another part of the anatomy, usually not mentioned in polite company. Oz is about 85% of the size of mainland USe89204d9cec8fef6da56e325508d7102.jpg

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png
ย 

ย 

If you compare Australia to the USA at their corresponding latitudes, it looks like this.

ย 

image.png.a47be7541302cb3cc0f1b291675269e4.png

ย 

Australia is more in line with Mexico, hence the drier weather and the warmer climate. Tasmania only reaches in its latitude to the middle of the USA. The city of Melbourne is roughly in line of Los Angeles, but doesn't reflect that in their weather.

Interesting point.

I'm watching a sci-fi program many of us have seen and I looked up the cast to see their careers and spouses. I was shocked, firstly, at how many identified as homosexual ๐Ÿ™„ then saw one who identified as non-binary. Ok here's the Interesting part. There are only 2 descriptors of their gender- actor or actress. The non-binary said "the actor asks to be identified as 'they' as they don't identify as either sex" ok, but doesn't 'actor' identify as a male? Oh come on!! I wonder how long it'll take until they change the descriptor of their job?

Edited by bagwell1987

This is very important information I'm going to share. Might come in handy some day but I doubt it. If you put your left shoe on the wrong foot it's on the right foot. But if you only put on a shoe on your right foot ........the other one is left.