JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A random thread of absolute randomness...

Last night I was a parking lot attendant at the KH and as the other brother and I were patrolling the lot before the meeting ended, we noticed a family of ducks walking behind us. Daddy, Momma and an overweight baby. It was like watching a real family, momma wanted to let the baby play but dad argued that it wasn't safe. While they were arguing, the baby waddles off and they had to hurry to catch up. They followed him around awhile. I tried to usher the family into the bushes so they wouldn't be in the way when the meeting ended but everytime I would get them in the bushes they would come out again. I felt like Daddy Duck protecting them. Finally I herd them back to the bushes just before the meeting ends and baby duck looks at me and all three of them fly away..🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 5/5/2023 at 10:23 PM, bagwell1987 said:

Just came across this, wow, brings back memories.  Soul Train! Love this.

I love that song. Not long ago, when I arrived home from work, I started to play it on my phone which I set on the table for my wife to hear. She came out and gave me "the look". We laughed and ended up dancing to the song. It brought back memories for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple months ago I bought a 25 pound bag of peanuts to feed my family of blackbirds. It's my favorite bird, they're incredibly intelligent. So as time went on the Bluejay gang showed up. I'd see them pounce on the nuts and I'd run out the door yelling like an idiot at them while my blackbirds watched from the back of the property. But it didn't help. I gave up. But this morning Jehovah showed me what a real idiot I was as He already had it figured out. 

See the Bluejay is aggressive, races in to get the food and go hide/store it somewhere, back and forth till its gone. It's what they do. On my way out of the driveway I see one of my Blackbirds flying out from the woods with a peanut in his beak! He just waited for the Bluejay to go away from the hiding spot and he raided it!! Cool huh? I need not to worry! 😄 Jehovah's got this 👍

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

A recent new development regarding my blackbirds.

I walked into a room that looks out the back where the garden and arbor are. I have never seen a Blackbird on the railing roosting, if his eyes were open he would have seen me but he had to be asleep, he looked so cute because his feathers were all fluffed up, it was then I saw a second one on the arbor. They were waiting for me to bring out peanuts! Awww, they're learning to trust me. Love that

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

21 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

A recent new development regarding my blackbirds.

I walked into a room that looks out the back where the garden and arbor are. I have never seen a Blackbird on the railing roosting, if his eyes were open he would have seen me but he had to be asleep, he looked so cute because his feathers were all fluffed up, it was then I saw a second one on the arbor. They were waiting for me to bring out peanuts! Awww, they're learning to trust me. Love that

You might enjoy this YT channel

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

9 minutes ago, Qapla said:

You might enjoy this YT channel

When I worked at the refinery there was a security camera on the wharf to monitor and document the loading activity. An osprey built a nest close to the camera and when we didn't have a ship tied up, Security would focus the camera on the nest. I had access to the cameras and it was fun watching the nest. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Those birds of prey are fascinating.

On my drive to work after I go through Chinook, Washington I'm on a short 1 mile stretch that is known for its birds of prey. They're lined up in trees, there's a swamp on one side and the Columbia River on the other, great hunting grounds.

Where I raised my kids is called The Eagle Santuary. It's on the Columbia River and has an old railway track. Walking that track to a good fishing hole you see a whole bunch of eagles. Swooping and screeching and fighting over their catch. 

I just googled Eagle Sanctuary, wow, I didn't know there were so many pictures. This is just down a small hill from where I raised my kids. You can see how open it is for those birds to fly.

https://g.co/kgs/bnNyCu

It says in memory of Kewpie Ziak (Zeek) hard working but crazy local guy. He used his excavator to prep for building the Sanctuary. He was known for driving around on his John Deer tractor with his 2 shepherds in the bucket!

When we go fishing on the lake across the street, we often see osprey in the Cyprus trees - especially in the evening when they are heading in to roost.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~