JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A random thread of absolute randomness...

Just now, Friends just call me Ross said:

That is easily explained.  The reading glasses companies are obviously owned by the same folks who own the pharmaceutical companies. :D

Apparently they are heavily invested in magnifying glasses too!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Apparently they are heavily invested in magnifying glasses too!

Ahhh.  Yes...and  they must be making their reading glasses weaker so people will have to buy magnifying glasses.🤔

Take heart, Cheryl.  Your vision isn't getting poorer.  🥸

Corporations have just come up with another sneaky way to get even richer.

😊

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

2 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

The print on so many things is so small I couldn't read it if I was in my 20's! Come on! What are they hiding 🙃

Nothing, nothing at all....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 3 weeks later...

From a car rental brochure in Tokyo:

When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn.

Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still

obstacles your passage, then tootle him with vigour.

1784815639_Laughinghysterically.gif.5dcd010516c2139146a02f88d2713ada.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

12 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

From a car rental brochure in Tokyo:

When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn.

Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still

obstacles your passage, then tootle him with vigour.

1784815639_Laughinghysterically.gif.5dcd010516c2139146a02f88d2713ada.gif

Many many (30+) years ago a brother was telling us he hired a car in Japan and it had voice prompts.  Probably one of the first I would say.  Anyways when the gas/petrol got down, a voice said “fuer ro” “fuer ro”

Added to that is Charlie Pride. Golly I loved that guy, had a few of his albums (a round vinyl disc played on a turntable.....a turntable is..😆) and Maryann from Gilligan's Island. (Gilligan's Island is a popular TV show from the 1960's....) 😁

Oh wow, I'm feeling my age!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

29 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Added to that is Charlie Pride. Golly I loved that guy, had a few of his albums (a round vinyl disc played on a turntable.....a turntable is..😆) and Maryann from Gilligan's Island. (Gilligan's Island is a popular TV show from the 1960's....) 😁

Oh wow, I'm feeling my age!

Charley Pride was my dad’s 🥰 favorite country singer. Unfortunately, I also had to listen to some of the oldie moldies too. 🤢.   🤣🤣🤣

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

5 minutes ago, Loopy said:

Charley Pride was my dad’s 🥰 favorite country singer. Unfortunately, I also had to listen to some of the oldie moldies too. 🤢.   🤣🤣🤣

He had a lovely voice, very smooth.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

On 7/20/2020 at 12:40 AM, Katty said:

There is no 'supposed to' in here.
Also what we see as random isn't even really random haha.
When apple did their shuffle, people would complain that the same song might play more than once in a row,

so they made an algorithm

to make it less random

to make it feel more random.

so when I say random

I guess I mean

feels random

DEaling cards isn't truly random.  You can't deal the same card to 2 different people.  

1 hour ago, Witness1970 said:

DEaling cards isn't truly random.  You can't deal the same card to 2 different people.  

That sounds like apples and oranges to me. Dealing cards is a random distribution of the available material.

57 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

That sounds like apples and oranges to me. Dealing cards is a random distribution of the available material.

It's referred to as pseudo-random.  A lot of things fit as pseudo-random instead of actually random.

Dealing cards is pseudo-random.  Having a pseudo-random playlist that will not play the same song twice is another example of something being pseudo-random.  It seems random but actually isn't.

19 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I just found out, I'm always late to the party, that Anthony Abedamarco (Nick) on Blue Bloods died of Covid in July of 2020!

I liked that guy. 😞

I don't think so. Wikipedia shows he's still very much alive and currently acting on new episodes of Blue Bloods.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

10 minutes ago, minister159 said:

I don't think so. Wikipedia shows he's still very much alive and currently acting on new episodes of Blue Bloods.

Yup, I just googled again and you're right! Never so happy to he wrong 😁