JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A random thread of absolute randomness...

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Yesterday I gave a talk in a congregation that I hadn't been to before. I noticed a tray of tomatos on the ground next to the entrance. I asked a brother about it and he told me they had hall care the day before and someone brought tomatoes to share with the group.

I told him that it was a little intimidating for a visiting speaker to see a tray of tomatos by the front door. He told me there was squash the week before :eek:

At one of the school auditoriums we used to use for our circuit assemblies, just below where the speaker stands behind the lectern, there were black/yellow markings outlining the entrance to the trap door to get under the stage. Whenever we had a new brother or CO to the area, we used to joke that if your talk isn't good enough, the sound brothers would push a button to open it.

However, when you did walk on that trap door, you did feel it as being different to the rest of the floor and at times made a groan, which did make you wonder if it would open up below you. Even though it was covered with thick carpet rug, you still could feel and hear it. The look on the brother's faces when they get to the lectern was funny at times, especially if they didn't expect it.

One time a brother was giving his part at the assembly had a piece of a wooden plyboard about 3ft by 2ft which he used as a prop for his talk. When he finished his illustration of the board, he originally leaned it onto the lectern, but then had seconds thoughts and then laid it at his feet and stood on it. After standing up to the microphone, he then quipped, "I don't trust the sound brothers with that trap door button." The audience just roared with laughter.

If I believed everything that I received in my email spam folder, I would have more money and friends than I would know what to do with..:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody ever notice how much the brother who reads Nahum in English sounds like Alfred Hitchcock?

It's very distracting.🤣

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On 10/10/2023 at 2:04 AM, Friends just call me Ross said:

Anybody ever notice how much the brother who reads Nahum in English sounds like Alfred Hitchcock?

It's very distracting.🤣

On 10/10/2023 at 5:35 AM, hatcheckgirl said:

Now you made me listen to it! 😂😂

Me too!!! I think this behaviour on the part of Rosanne is contagious.

On 10/10/2023 at 5:44 AM, Dolce vita said:

@Friends just call me Ross🤣🤣🤣 Very very true

However, she's right! It's distracting. Hopefully we'll get used to it after the first chapter and pay attention to the message.

• 2 weeks later...

You know how anything you plug in needs to be the right way to make it fit? How often do you get it right? Or are you like me and it's the wrong way 90% of the time and you have to turn it over! 😠 grrrr

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 1 month later...

I won't be surprised if the topic of a future "Was it Designed?" focuses on how engineers are reverse engineering the fingernails of human babies to make extra thin and sharp razorblades. I'm pretty convinced rn that baby fingernails are quite possibly the sharpest things on the planet.

On 10/24/2023 at 3:55 AM, bagwell1987 said:

You know how anything you plug in needs to be the right way to make it fit? How often do you get it right? Or are you like me and it's the wrong way 90% of the time and you have to turn it over! 😠 grrrr

Reminds me of this.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fplatypusplatypus.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fusb-meme.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=aa6452682d7b568906f73b9ced87ef6a5be6cf2b41bd86c2b394402de45a17cc&ipo=images

3 hours ago, Katty said:

I won't be surprised if the topic of a future "Was it Designed?" focuses on how engineers are reverse engineering the fingernails of human babies to make extra thin and sharp razorblades. I'm pretty convinced rn that baby fingernails are quite possibly the sharpest things on the planet.

Congratulations! What did you and Ferb name the baby? 😁

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My phone just updated to Android 13 and 20 more bloatware apps were installed—WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!!!😡🤬😡🤬  

Took me close to an hour to uninstall the ones that would allow me to and to disable the ones that won’t allow me to uninstall them.  

I am so thrilled with my NoRootFirewall App that allows me to disconnect the forced apps from their mother ships.  

Still, the bloatware remains on my phone, taking up space.  😡🤬😡🤬

I call the intruder apps Squatters. 😂

Google is constantly sending them my way.  😡🤬😡🤬

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Screenshot_20231220_103823.jpg.19746276cc68d95d2e126877fbea7b8c.jpg

NoRootFirewall allows me to shut an app's access to wifi and/or data OFF.

Symbolically EVICTING them.  :D

Screenshot_20231220_103024.thumb.jpg.310399b3881d4dbcb1b9ee1a7d292b66.jpg

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Added developer's name

Here's another random: 

How long is the 'normal' wait time in a drive thru fast food? 4 to 6 minutes tops? Welp, this morning to just get my tea it was near 12 minutes!! I actually turned off my motor. When I asked if they had to go get the eggs from the coop she shrugged her shoulder and said "we're short staffed" could not care less. 

It's hard to be the irritated customer but imagine listening to raging customers all day, all because nobody wants to work anymore.

Reminded me of 2 Tim. 3:1-5, boom- fulfilled!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

20 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

My kindred spirit, grandma, was Ruth. I'm impatiently awaiting her resurrection 🧡

I completely understand.  What gets me is not only the waiting but also the expense. Everything is so expensive and most times I get home and the order is not right.  angry kristen wiig GIF

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

59 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

I completely understand.  What gets me is not only the waiting but also the expense. Everything is so expensive and most times I get home and the order is not right.  angry kristen wiig GIF

🤭 I'm so glad I'm not the only one who quotes the wrong post 😆😆 welcome to the club 🧡😁

If you want to do something fun, the next time you use Zoom to attend a meeting, shut off the video and change your name to S.Lett (WHQ)

:lol1:

Ok, so I'm innocently watching a video on YouTube and up pops something on Instagram. I'm deliberating....should I look at it?

If I go there I could be trapped...nah, I'll be strong and just look at that one post...(crickets) 2 hours later.....help I need an intervention 😄😄😄😄

On 12/20/2023 at 3:27 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:

My phone just updated to Android 13 and 20 more bloatware apps were installed—WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!!!😡🤬😡🤬  

Took me close to an hour to uninstall the ones that would allow me to and to disable the ones that won’t allow me to uninstall them.  

I am so thrilled with my NoRootFirewall App that allows me to disconnect the forced apps from their mother ships.  

Still, the bloatware remains on my phone, taking up space.  😡🤬😡🤬

I call the intruder apps Squatters. 😂

Google is constantly sending them my way.  😡🤬😡🤬

Yep. Part of the plan of planned obsolescence. Every year our devices get clogged with fluff to the point that you can't download anything :wall:

How can something that doesn't even exist possibly be 'threatened'?

ScreenShot2023-12-31at12_01_10PM.png.7f7db8799793969166310249dc9627a5.png

That would be like someone threatening to blow up my Leer jet,

ScreenShot2023-12-31at12_07_22PM.png.a9a66fe3dea6427970d15f67ca26e78e.png

or my villa in the Italian Alps. Laughinghysterically.gif.7dfabffda77c27c300be3e8b682731ed.gif

ScreenShot2023-12-31at12_08_59PM.png.dfa366f2250d06c472796bda46a5f3e1.png

I'm so random I just pretend I know what everyone here is talking about, and they pretend that I'm not here.

So how can I be here although not being there? How can I be unknown and get be known? 54a9faffca748161db998ed846747da2.jpg

Sent from my Power Armor 13 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, IcemanEli said:

I'm so random I just pretend I know what everyone here is talking about, and they pretend that I'm not here.

So how can I be here although not being there? How can I be unknown and get be known? 54a9faffca748161db998ed846747da2.jpg

Sent from my Power Armor 13 using Tapatalk

Um.... Nice dress....