JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A random thread of absolute randomness...

"Whenever it is that they are saying, “Prayer and Song!” then the start of the meeting is to be instantly on them" - 1 Thessalonianish 5:3

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

25 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

The girl made it to grandma's house on foot.

Shouldn't the title be  Little Red WALKING Hood

Little Red Walking in the Hood...

Lil' Red Riding Hood https://g.co/kgs/akUwSC

🤣

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

13 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Little Red Walking in the Hood...

🤣

I actually have that record.  "Awooh!"  🤣😂🤣

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Just now, Friends just call me Ross said:

I actually have that record.  "Awooh!"  🤣😂🤣

I like the Betty Boop cartoon :lol1:

20 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

"Li'l Red Riding Hood" is a 1966 song performed by Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs. It was the group's second top-10 hit, reaching No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 in August 1966 It was kept out of the No. 1 spot by both "Wild Thing" by The Troggs and "Summer in the City" by The Lovin' Spoonful

I remember when all those songs were popular on the radio :eek: 

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

3 minutes ago, Qapla said:

I remember when all those songs were popular on the radio :eek: 

I refrain from comment, to refrain from revealing that I, too, am older than dirt.  🤣😂🤣😂

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Oh little Mephobsheth honey.....Mephobsheth come eat dinner dear.

Ya, curse your kid with that one! That'll mess with him as well as everyone else 🤣 

The first boy will be Mahershalahashbaz, the second one will be Mephibosheth.

The first girl is Abashag, the second one is Bathsheba 😁

17 hours ago, Tortuga said:

The first boy will be Mahershalahashbaz, the second one will be Mephibosheth.

The first girl is Abashag, the second one is Bathsheba 😁

Sometimes it doesn't matter what proper name you give them, they always end up with a nickname which sometimes can be worse, nothing you would have wanted.

The first one might be shortened to Hash, the second to Meth. Abashag to Abby and Bathsheba to Sheba or Batty...😁

I read a story about a mother who wanted to name her baby with something that couldn't have the letter 'y' added to the end, so she chose Amber. Her toddler son started calling her Hamburger. 🙃

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

13 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

10 more days till we go to 1 hour ahead!! Longer days coming 🥳.

I've heard we will leave our clocks this way, let's hope so! No more switching!

People are still debating that; whether or not to leave it where it is. But they can't decide whether to leave it on Standard or Daylight Time. It's even the experts debating whether or not it's better for our health to leave it one way all the time, or to continue switching back and forth. Confusion reigns for the moment!

I read online that it's passed the Senate to leave it on permanent DST, but it still has to pass the House of Representatives and then president Biden needs to sign it.

I think many including me, that would like it to be permanent . .🙂

I wonder in the new system what it will be, maybe the way it was in the Beginning. .?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

On 3/3/2023 at 10:44 AM, Lee49 said:

It's that "Doomsday Clock" ticking and ticking and ticking...........................

2023-03-03_09h42_43.png

On 3/3/2023 at 10:46 AM, Dove said:

I read online that it's passed the Senate to leave it on permanent DST, but it still has to pass the House of Representatives and then president Biden needs to sign it.

I think many including me, that would like it to be permanent . .🙂

I wonder in the new system what it will be, maybe the way it was in the Beginning. .?

These two posts bring up an interesting question ... Is the Doomsday Clock on Daylight Savings or Standard time?

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth MeyersConfused Joe Biden GIF by CBS NewsJeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 3/3/2023 at 9:12 AM, Friends just call me Ross said:

Good morning, everyone. 616471584_coffeesippinggirl.gif.fe6a601abc81d4f0f6c5496d1016dc6c.gif

The sun wants to come out here,

but the clouds keep closing the door on it. 🤭

Sun??  Sun?!  🤔🧐. Can you refresh my memory a lil bit, here?

I don't think we have that thing in this part of the world....  😵💫😫