JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A random thread of absolute randomness...

18 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

I wonder how many cubic feet it had? They had to store a lot!

This gave the ark approximately 40,000 cu m (1,400,000 cu ft) in gross volume.- Insight.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 8/25/2021 at 4:53 AM, Tortuga said:

This gave the ark approximately 40,000 cu m (1,400,000 cu ft) in gross volume.- Insight.

Its said the National Gallery of Victoria was desighed and built to the dimensions of the ark.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/National+Gallery+of+Victoria/@-37.8229837,144.9697726,913m/data=!3m2!1e3!5s0x6ad642b1b64d1583:0x2b3847e4393b6405!4m5!3m4!1s0x6ad642b1b46283b9:0x33718f02306f1e54!8m2!3d-37.8225942!4d144.9689278?hl=en

Its said the National Gallery of Victoria was designed and built to the dimensions of the ark.

image.thumb.png.415964d7fd4661e3b67006d981176d2b.png

Pity I miss the gallery when I was in Victoria for 2 weeks. Had a disappointing evening at St. Kilda's jetty looking to sight penguins. 

Pulled into the driveway today after work, put it in park, got out and told my near 14 year old grand girl "your turn, you get to drive in, turn around and park."

Her eyes got huge but she didn't complain. 

Understand this rig is a lifted F250, intimidating. Getting comfortable with the brake pedal was crucial. After a couple whiplashes she successfully parked the truck. 👍 Lesson one complete.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

We had a discussion thread on this some tine ago. Sadly the size ratio is wrong (6:1). The basic shape (rectangular) is as close as you can get...

Old (Downunder) Tone

8 minutes ago, Todd komaniak said:

I wonder if we see a big decline in those getting baptized from year to year would that be a sign that we are very close

Brother Morris quoted this paragraph at an Annual Meeting a couple of years ago, it doesn't specifically mention baptisms but it talks about the preaching work in general. I like the paragraph after the one he quoted.

Sounding Forth Good News in All the Earth https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1976844&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=24

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 9/1/2021 at 9:57 PM, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

Random enough?

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

20210902_123213.jpg

20210902_123213.jpg

"THE LARGEST BOAB TREE IN CAPTIVITY" What did it take to captivate such a huge tree?

Did it put up a struggle? How about the one that got away? :whistling:

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I think my wife has a bad case of cardboard cancer....😧

It starts slow, usually with a few boxes of photos in the hall closet or shoe boxes in the bedroom closet, but as the cancer grows it spreads into the spare room, behind the couch, in the garage. The really bad cases will even take over a rented storeroom.....

2 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

plastic

Plastic cancer is worse. We have a malignant growth in the garage, plastic boxes, plastic bottles, plastic food trays, plastic pill bottles...

It's starting to grow into my workshop and merge with the benign gadget cancer...