JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A random thread of absolute randomness...

On 12/13/2020 at 8:26 AM, Katty said:

I always wanted to start a business called "A Lonely Heart" so that I could say I was owner of A Lonely Heart.

It's like I always wanted to live in an apartment 2B so that under 2B I could put a sign that says "Or not 2B? That is the question."

I always wanted an organ delivery van with “Weedy Liver” written on the side.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

A YouTube channel that I sub to that basically reviews animation has decided to cover our Caleb shorts and I've noticed they are slowly but surely coming into the consciousness of "bad" animation reviewers, probably thanks to apostates, I'm just like...ugh, one of my favorite YouTube genres (when clean) has been tainted. Animation and story wise, our shorts aren't even bad, the only thing I imagine they'll find reason to gripe about is the teachings and that's all biblical. And it's not intended for general public viewing like Sesame Street or even being sold/profited off in any form like "Christian" kid shows so... yeah it just bugs me. Idk whether to unsubcribe for that one video or ignore it and keep watching the channel...

Edited by JayMusicGirl

January 26th is the one year anniversary that Kobe, his daughter and 7 others died in a helicopter crash. Even though I didn't know Kobe, his death shook me so bad and made me finally realise it doesn't matter who you are today could be you're last day. I don't know what he did outside of basketball or the others,  but they weren't deserving of what happened. I wish that one day Jehovah raises them.

81b4e582d54f5ed0f7eb59e42bde7f9c.jpg

On 1/24/2021 at 3:33 PM, Beyond the Sky said:

I don't drink coffee a whole lot but I bought a Keurig yesterday.

We have a Tassimo machine here, which is similar. I like a lot of the flavors. 
I usually do an Americano Grande or Smooth for regular coffee and a Cappuccino for a "snack" coffee.
I love coffee; it's difficult to keep to 2 cups a day, but I feel wonky and get heartburn if I drink too much.

Talking about coffee.

A friend was telling me of when he sat down at a fancy café with his wife in Sydney. They over heard a guy say to the waiter "Can I please have Blend 43?"  They both were trying to hold their laughter in. :lol1:

Which is this, instant coffee.

1000_116402.jpg

BTW. They are from Melbourne Australia, the coffee capital of Australia.

Edited by Luigi62

4 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

Talking about coffee.

A friend was telling me of when he sat down at a fancy café with his wife in Sydney. They over heard a guy say to the waiter "Can I please have Blend 43?"  They both were trying to hold their laughter in. :lol1:

Which is this, instant coffee.

1000_116402.jpg

BTW. They are from Melbourne Australia, the coffee capital of Australia.

Everyone here has an electric kettle instead of a coffeemaker, so there's a lot of instant coffee, and I will say nescafe is the least bad in my opinion. I still prefer drip, though.

@Katty instant is all I have ever known (and I think I can speak for most Brits on that), many are often surprised or bewieldered when someone from the US says "yuk, instant!". We're like "you mean there is coffee that isn't?" I've never seen anything for sale in shops that wasn't.

Edited by EccentricM

18 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

@Katty instant is all I have ever known (and I think I can speak for most Brits on that), many are often surprised or bewieldered when someone from the US says "yuk, instant!". We're like "you mean there is coffee that isn't?" I've never seen anything for sale in shops that wasn't.

Ah yes, you poor poor Brits.
You guys do have excellent cheddar cheese though, so it almost makes up for it.

6 minutes ago, Katty said:

You guys do have excellent cheddar cheese though, so it almost makes up for it.

Yes indeed. I love my cheese. I was surprised to learn the mass American definition of "cheese" was that rubber stuff they put on McDonalds burgers, lol.

Edited by EccentricM

9 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

Yes indeed. I love my cheese. I was surprised to learn the mass American definition of "cheese" was that rubber stuff they put on McDonalds burgers, lol.

It's really sad what the USDA passes as food these days...

but...this thread is getting too serious so here's a silly walk gif

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FTVupcr33Jpg7C%2F200.gif&f=1&nofb=1

(now I legitimately want to learn the silly walk so I can perform it.

Zoom talent show coming up!)

Edit: having learned some jazz dance, I think I can identify the steps:
chasse back-kick chasse chasse step battement 

Edited by Katty

My main coworker has been out due to cvoid the past two weeks so I've been showing up early and leaving later at the office. The time goes by faster it feels like, so I have to go non stop to get all the work done. And when I get home I have three hours before I am in the bed so I can do it all over again the next day. 

14 hours ago, Katty said:

Everyone here has an electric kettle instead of a coffeemaker, so there's a lot of instant coffee, and I will say nescafe is the least bad in my opinion. I still prefer drip, though.

Blend 43 is the best instant coffee. I'm not fussy over coffee like most other Melbournians. 

2 hours ago, Beyond the Sky said:

The time goes by faster it feels like, so I have to go non stop to get all the work done.

"Now, the world's official timekeepers are considering subtracting a leap second because the Earth's rotation is speeding up. The planet broke the record for the shortest astronomical day 28 times last year. ... An average day in 2021 will be 0.05 milliseconds shorter than 86,400 seconds, according to timeanddate.com"

Time is going faster and days are getting shorter.

On 1/30/2021 at 2:39 AM, Beyond the Sky said:

Being able to read others hearts like Jehovah and Jesus would be extremely useful for making friends...

Or losing them. I know I've had a lot of passing negative thoughts when friends make me upset that I wouldn't speak of out loud, because I realized they were unfair assessments of their character.
I find the best thing is when in doubt, assume people think well of you, and either they will if they don't already, or they're not worth the effort anyway.

How is it that I only just learned, "cider" in America means "apple juice", and what we call cider they either call "apple beer" or "hard cider".

Now everyone I've known in the US I know must have thought I was talking about apple juice and not alcohol. Language barriers...

56 minutes ago, EccentricM said:
How is it that I only just learned, "cider" in America means "apple juice", and what we call cider they either call "apple beer" or "hard cider".

Now everyone I've known in the US I know must have thought I was talking about apple juice and not alcohol. Language barriers...

Well we are a confusing bunch over here. 
I understand it this way....

apple juice-the clear filtered apple juice. No sediment. 

cider-unfiltered apple juice. You see sediment at the bottom of the bottle. 

hard cider-the alcoholic one. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”