JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A random thread of absolute randomness...

18 hours ago, Katty said:

Whereas for very competent or highly intelligent people a lot of tasks will come relatively easy, and the thing that you're the most competent at is what you're going to think is the easiest, so I think a lot of highly competent/intelligent people will think "this task is easy. Other people must also find it to be easy."

This is my husband. He can make what something seems absurdly complicated into "oh that's easy, or it's fun" kind of thing related to anything that would take the average person more time to process. He recently privately corrected an MS who gave a public talk recently on the "Wonders of Creation". The young brother spent hours on the talk, and at one point displayed a test on matter with the audience, which was unfortunately incorrect in explaining the science. But he kept the talk very interesting, and it did feel a bit like a science lesson in school.

Now my daughter is starting to show signs of my husband's high intelligence, especially in math. 

It can seem a bit of a superiority complex from hubby, and irk me at those times that I just don't find "easy", but he never (at least intentionally) displays a feeling of superiority to others, but is actually quite the opposite and very humble, and willing to listen. 😍

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

1 hour ago, Lieblingskind said:

This is my husband. He can make what something seems absurdly complicated into "oh that's easy, or it's fun" kind of thing related to anything that would take the average person more time to process. He recently privately corrected an MS who gave a public talk recently on the "Wonders of Creation". The young brother spent hours on the talk, and at one point displayed a test on matter with the audience, which was unfortunately incorrect in explaining the science. But he kept the talk very interesting, and it did feel a bit like a science lesson in school.

Now my daughter is starting to show signs of my husband's high intelligence, especially in math. 

It can seem a bit of a superiority complex from hubby, and irk me at those times that I just don't find "easy", but he never (at least intentionally) displays a feeling of superiority to others, but is actually quite the opposite and very humble, and willing to listen. 😍

It's nice how you show a lot of understanding towards him.
You sound like a really loving wife.

Thank you! It's something I learned from him especially. Wasn't always the case - especially at our first year marriage mark. 😇 But for me it was numerous factors - new husband, new culture, new language, marrying a bit older (32) and was always fiercely independent since I was 17. But now we are like an old married couple, though not literally.:lol:

With lots of understanding, love and reliance on Jehovah you guys will do fine, I'm sure. ❤️

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Whoever wrote the audio drama about the 10 plagues is an absolute genius!

23 hours ago, Lieblingskind said:

Thank you! It's something I learned from him especially. Wasn't always the case - especially at our first year marriage mark. 😇 But for me it was numerous factors - new husband, new culture, new language, marrying a bit older (32) and was always fiercely independent since I was 17. But now we are like an old married couple, though not literally.:lol:

With lots of understanding, love and reliance on Jehovah you guys will do fine, I'm sure. ❤️

Thank you 😊

18 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

Did you hear Circus people got offended at the media and others for calling the presidential debate a circus. 

So...they are not happy with free advertising? LOL :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 2 weeks later...

So I’m walking along shaking my chocolate Slimfast drink and my watch gives me a thumbs-up for washing my hands for 20 seconds.

Workout achieved!

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Watching the video about Hezekiah when the 185,000 were killed. The prophet Isaiah said to Hezekiah something that goes with the year text video.

From the movie- Isa. 37:6 Do not be afraid because of the words that you heard. 

From the year text video- Isa. 30:15 Your strength will be in keeping calm and showing trust

Just felt like sharing

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

4 hours ago, Ferb said:

I was just looking up something about pushing a branch in git.  Autocomplete scares me sometimes.  I've been here 5 minutes imagining under what circumstances someone googled this - and that it happened enough times for it to be the top autocomplete result.

image.png.7040ce8b38797f5bf07124e20e45d85a.png

This is very funny..And very serious when you think about it... At what point did the person look that up? Before child birth, Or during? Definitely not after. Could be the husband, maybe he lost his Job and wanted the baby to hold on, but unfortunately she went into labour... 

Must have been a difficult position.

PSA:

Chocolate eaten during the hour immediately after putting the clocks back is calorie free.

Source:

#TrustMe

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

• 2 weeks later...

Roman concrete is far superior to current concrete, which needs rebar to keep it strong longer 😮 didn't know that

https://www.zmescience.com/science/geology/roman-concrete-seawater-043432/

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

3 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

Roman concrete is far superior to current concrete, which needs rebar to keep it strong longer 😮 didn't know that

https://www.zmescience.com/science/geology/roman-concrete-seawater-043432/

True, the recipe, I believe is lost to the sands of time. Hopefully a resurrected concrete engineer can help us out.

Another potentially lost technology I'm curious about is greek fire.