JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A random thread of absolute randomness...

Apologies in advance to non native English Speakers:

So

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo is a grammatically correct sentence and

Police police Police police police police Police police is as well.

So I wonder how long a sentence can you make with both the words police and buffalo if the sentence is about Police police policing police bufalloing buffalo for Buffalo wings in buffalo or can you even make that sentence without using any other words???

Edit: A ship-shipping shipping ship ships shipping ships is also a sentence so
Maybe the sentence can be

Police police police police  shipping Buffalo Buffalo(as in wings); Police police ship Buffalo Police police....(so many combinations)

Edited by Katty

Letters of the alphabet I'm secretly hoping we'll have in our language in the new system:

A letter that makes the sound "Woo" like in a Micheal Jackson song.

A letter that makes imitate a foghord

A letter that makes you go toot toot imitating a tugboat.

A letter that makes the sound of a crow saying "Caw!"

And, most of all:

Diacritic (those little symbols like ') on the letter R that determine how much you end up rolling the R ranging from a roll like they use in French to rolling so much it sounds like you're starting a car engine, as well as the pitch by which you roll the R
So that you can have a words with just the letter R with various kinds of R rolls that make you sound like you're trying to talk tiger.

That's a beautiful script but unfortunately I cant read anything that small on my device, so I apologize for not being able to leave a reaction on your comments..😞 I'm sure they were good, even if I can't read them.👍🏼

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

There needs to be a mashup of these songs
Rockwell's "somebody's watching me" and the Police's "Every breath you take"
Met at Work's "Who can it be now?" and Todd Rundgren's "Hello it's me"

And I think a brilliant one would be
The Beatles "You say Hello" and Lionel Ritchie's "Hello" if you can somehow make the beats match.

1 minute ago, Mephibosheth said:

That's a beautiful script but unfortunately I cant read anything that small on my device, so I apologize for not being able to leave a reaction on your comments..😞 I'm sure they were good, even if I can't read them.👍🏼

Oh well back to Arial

12 minutes ago, Katty said:

So

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo is a grammatically correct sentence and

So I wonder how long a sentence can you make with both the words police and buffalo if the sentence is about Police police policing police bufalloing buffalo for Buffalo wings in buffalo or can you even make that sentence without using any other words???

Police police police police  shipping Buffalo Buffalo(as in wings); Police police ship Buffalo Police police....(so many combinations)

7 minutes ago, Katty said:

Letters of the alphabet I'm secretly hoping we'll have in our language in the new system:

And, most of all:

Diacritic (those little symbols like ') on the letter R that determine how much you end up rolling the R ranging from a roll like they use in French to rolling so much it sounds like you're starting a car engine, as well as the pitch by which you roll the R
So that you can have a words with just the letter R with various kinds of R rolls that make you sound like you're trying to talk tiger.

1 minute ago, Katty said:

Arial transcriptions:

So

And, most of all:

The Beatles "You say Hello" and Lionel Ritchie's "Hello" if you can somehow make the beats match.

Can you speak continuously for 60 seconds without using the letter "A"?

Spoiler

OK, let's make it a little harder - add to that not using the letter "B" either -

Spoiler

for that matter ... also don't use "C" or "D" during this 60 seconds of speaking.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

20 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Eh? 😂

Edited by Mephibosheth
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Are we supposed to organize our thoughts in a random thread or do we have random thoughts organized in a thread?

26 minutes ago, Mephibosheth said:

Are we supposed to organize our thoughts in a random thread or do we have random thoughts organized in a thread?

There is no 'supposed to' in here.
Also what we see as random isn't even really random haha.
When apple did their shuffle, people would complain that the same song might play more than once in a row,

so they made an algorithm

to make it less random

to make it feel more random.

so when I say random

I guess I mean

feels random

4 minutes ago, Katty said:

random

Random

Ran Dumb

Run Dumb

Running Dumb

Yeah, I can do that....

Many of the LDC projects that I have gone to give Dum Dums to anyone that participates in the lunch time safety discussion. Hmmm......

2 hours ago, Mephibosheth said:

Hello.

2 hours ago, Katty said:

English is in dire need for diacritics, that's for sure.

On 7/19/2020 at 11:39 PM, Qapla said:

I guess it is time to reveal the solution

Spoiler

You simply count from 1 to 99 at a normal speaking speed - none of these numbers contain the letters "A", "B", "C", or "D" - and, at a normal speaking speed it should take at least 60 seconds

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 7/20/2020 at 6:12 AM, Mephibosheth said:

I say random thoughts in this specific thread. The thread-title is only random to confuse us.

On 7/20/2020 at 8:02 AM, EccentricM said:

Hello.

:wave: Hello! (Is it me you're looking for?)

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

11 hours ago, Tronora said:

:wave: Hello! (Is it me you're looking for?)

Hello? Is it me you're looking for? | Lionel richie, Funny, Make ...

11 hours ago, Tronora said:

I say random thoughts in this specific thread. The thread-title is only random to confuse us.

I meant it to be a  redundant title that's redundant to confuse everyone.

41 minutes ago, Katty said:

Hello? Is it me you're looking for? | Lionel richie, Funny, Make ...

"Subject File: Lionel Richie. He was caught looking into people's windows and intruding on people's property again asking if it was he people were looking for."
"Charge: Stalking and invasion of privacy".
"Video documentation:"

Edited by EccentricM

On 7/23/2020 at 12:24 AM, EccentricM said:

"Subject File: Lionel Richie. He was caught looking into people's windows and intruding on people's property again asking if it was he people were looking for."
"Charge: Stalking and invasion of privacy".
"Video documentation:"

It makes it more disturbing that he targets a blind woman.
Is she going to see him there invading her privacy?
Of course not.

And now for something completely random:

I have red, rosé and white wine in the house. Halibut is on the menu; just waiting for it to thaw. Listening to scifi-music. I think I'm going to check out the food-threads ... hmmm 😁

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)