JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A random thread of absolute randomness...

This isn't funny at all and I didn't know where to put it.   I accidentally came across it in "watching the world" when researching something else.  I have laughed so much but as I say it's not funny :D

Alive—Despite Decapitation

◆ A report from China claims that a man is now in better health as a result of an operation that removed his head—that is, one of them. Zhang Ziping, said the Peking Evening News, was born with two heads. Finally, at the age of 36, he had one head removed surgically. The head removed reportedly rested on a neck and had two eyes and a mouth.

I had an amazing dream before I woke this morning. It had quite an emotional impact on me when I woke.

We were all sitting at the old KH across the road from me. It was a combination of several local congregations, a special event was taking place. As we all sat down, we were all told to take out our "physical" bibles, if we had them, others shared with those who didn't. As we all opened the front of the bible on a blank page, before the speaker could continue, everyone's bible suddenly had a message from nowhere being written on it in front of their very eyes.

Everyone was in shock and awe at what was happening. It was written in cursive, as if written by a pen in real time, yet the ink also looked like thread of string imbedded into the page which could be pulled out.

It read as it went along in real time:

"To the (insert names) congregations, it is I, your  God and Father,  Jehovah...
I am so very proud of you all to see that you have made it to this point in the closing of this system of things, and have endured the trials that were set before you."

At first, I thought it was some trick, or elaborate ruse, I tried to figure out how this was happening, but I soon realised it wasn't a trick, that this was really happening, there was no way of explaining it. As I kept on looking the writing continued:

"You shall all remain where you are.... for I am about to bring about an unforgettable lesson to mankind of which has never been seen on the face of the earth in all the history of humanity and shall never be seen ever again, an act even unthinkable to some. But, for the unbounding love I have for you, I shall pour out rich, unprecetended blessings upon you all in this time,of which mankind has never before experienced upon the face of the Earth..."

The writing was continuing on as I kept looking around to others beside me, family and other people in the hall, all of us in awe. I myself was just crying in so much amazement, shock and happiness, that I had made it, and had been approved for surival just before the outbreak of Armageddon. I kept thinking "It's finally all over, and I'm going to be well soon".

Behind us some were gasping, and in the corner of my eye, something was glistening in gold, bright, giving off light, as if some miracle happened in the back of the hall, something appeared but I didn't get to see what it was, I turned back to continue reading what Jehovah was writing to us all in real time, but then I woke.

It was very "writing on wall" or when Jehovah wrote the tablets for Moses type of vibe. But it also felt "personal", and down to Earth too.

• 2 weeks later...

So, wanted to share a funny experience from when the day I arrived in UK.
So, I had an overnight flight (which I hate btw) with a screamy baby on the plane, you know the kind, just inconsolable, and just at screaming until the point that I wonder that he didn't become hoarse, which, I mean I can't necessarily blame, but that sort of thing does tend to rob one of REM sleep, so the next day, I felt surprisingly fine, and had a whole day of train journeys until finally I was in my new (tentative) home, so David and I were chatting with him in the hallway and me in my room as I'm self isolating, as I had said in the other thread, so I'm just sitting there, and, well, when I'm up for 18-20 hours straight, it's like being drunk I imagine, but being up for 28+ hours straight, I imagine it's like the effects of drug abuse. (Not that I've experienced either first hand, just going by what I've seen in others)

Anyway, I ask David to film me as I knew I was going to forget everything I was saying, and for several minutes, I'm going into a rant about why the chess piece called the Knight is shaped like a horse, and how the horse was the mode of transportation of the knight and how it doesn't make any sense, and it would be like using a tank to represent an army guy, and I just went on and on about that like it was the biggest deal in the world. I still laugh a little when thinking about it. (I wouldn't have remembered my rant at all, btw, if David didn't share the recording he made haha)

On 12/6/2020 at 5:43 PM, blueyellow said:

Can I post a random word in a random thread?

Goat. 🦝

That Goat looks a lot like a raccoon.
But what do I know, I once thought a horse with blue cover over it was blue sheep

So, today, David came by the open door to my room, right when I was shouting "WOOF WOOF" to the cat that keeps invading the backyard garden.
So glad he's accepted my weirdness.

Edited by Katty

On 11/12/2020 at 12:41 AM, Katty said:

I find it pretty funny how in just about every speech, Biden sounds like some grandpa who constantly has the TV on full blast.

On a similar note, I also find it funny, how you can tell how bad things are in government in the UK by simply looking at the state Boris Johnson's hair.

On 12/9/2020 at 12:03 PM, Katty said:

On a similar note, I also find it funny, how you can tell how bad things are in government in the UK by simply looking at the state Boris Johnson's hair.

So much going on, Russia showing force to China, Canadians are mader at China than Americans, India and China push and shoving wiht each other it goes on and on. 

How much longer will people have to suffer by those who are taking their stand against Jehovah and his king?

Like Matthew - I to find myself dreaming of ‘things I cant do’

Going to KH

Walking down the street - preaching ....door-to-door

when it rains and storms hard....

I often dream about my last DRC assignment in Bahamas

—we had a terrible storm one night in Feb 2020 .....and we were staying in tents and cabanas

some brother had to run into the laundry area for the evening

lately i have been dreaming of ‘return to normal’

when I see the pictures in the Watchtower

i even sometimes drift off into a daydream — wondering when i might get do “THAT” again

like doorstep Bible Studies this past week

• 1 month later...

And now for something completely random:

int num = random.Next(); 

And now for something kinda random, but not really:
Words, rats dog in a window something but yes, and really has is, what?
SO

SOOOO
DOOO
ES

help

but not 

yes, is 

loves

so my brain is trying....

trying to create a non-repeating sequence of words with no perceivable pattern.

Now here's a book that has 50,000 words, but not a single E

So if you ever end up with used dentures???
Who knows you might inherit some from granny, I thought of some neat things you can do with them:
1. You can attach a wind up motor to them to make chattering teeth.

2. You can put them in a stuffed animal to make it look super creepy...for some reason.
3. You can make a gadget like "Data" Wang in The Goonies.

I have other ideas.....
But they're kinda even weirder.

No, I still haven't figured out what's wrong with me,yet. 

11 hours ago, Katty said:

So if you ever end up with used dentures???
Who knows you might inherit some from granny, I thought of some neat things you can do with them:
1. You can attach a wind up motor to them to make chattering teeth.

2. You can put them in a stuffed animal to make it look super creepy...for some reason.
3. You can make a gadget like "Data" Wang in The Goonies.

I would do number 2.

zyx0mgxpi3d51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

x01l360brk251.jpg

My dictionary of obscure sorrows word of the day is Onism.

onism

n. the frustration of being stuck in just one body, that inhabits only one place at a time, which is like standing in front of the departures screen at an airport, flickering over with strange place names like other people’s passwords, each representing one more thing you’ll never get to see before you die—and all because, as the arrow on the map helpfully points out, you are here.

I feel it, sometimes.

9 hours ago, Luisabola said:

Feedback is the shortest word in the English language to use the letters ABCDEF. Little random fact for you there. 

Feedbac is the shortest word in the English language to use the letters ABCDEF. Little random fact for you there. 

ABCDEFGHIJK

Edited by Luigi62

7 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

Feedbac is the shortest word in the English language to use the letters ABCDEF. Little random fact for you there. 

ABCDEFGHIJK

I think they meant the shortest word in the English language to include letters A to F, addtional letters don't count as that's not what it's measuring by.

Edited by EccentricM