JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A random thread of absolute randomness...

Thanks Sis, your research is so right!

I was in a 5 car accident where I was the middle car, I smashed the left side of my face in the steering wheel. Both sides have never been the same. Gets irritating to hear the 'clicking' associated with it if I clench too much. The headaches I had were completely debilitating. Am fine now but then I found out the TMJ was compounded by my neck being broken! 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

20 minutes ago, Beyond the Sky said:

Oh yeah I do do that all the time! I didn't know their was a term for that.

If you have bruxism, you will eventually damage, crack or even break your teeth. Get a dental night guard.  There are some very inexpensive night guards that will help you protect your teeth. The more expensive night guards are a harder plastic and are custom fit to evenly distribute the force of your teeth at night. They do a better job of protecting your teeth and reducing your headaches. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Dove said:

Yes, migraine is only one side or the other at a time...

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

If the headache is around your temples on each side of your head, you may have bruxism. Clenching your teeth at night will give you a bad headache.

I used to get migrains in childhood a lot, and my mom got them when she was younger, too.

For me it was caused by heatwaves and being in the hot sun, so summers were not always fun. I'd get the migrain right at the top of my head in the center.

I always knew when one was coming (as did my mom), as I'd have visual distortions, like a blurred whirlpool traveling across my eyes from left to right along with dark bloches which were half blinding (I wouldn't be able to make out text or see all the features on people's faces), it would take a few minutes for it to pass through, of which the migrain would then start afterward.

Edited by EccentricM

7 hours ago, EccentricM said:

I used to get migrains in childhood a lot, and my mom got them when she was younger, too.

For me it was caused by heatwaves and being in the hot sun, so summers were not always fun. I'd get the migrain right at the top of my head in the center.

I always knew when one was coming (as did my mom), as I'd have visual distortions, like a blurred whirlpool traveling across my eyes from left to right along with dark bloches which were half blinding (I wouldn't be able to make out text or see all the features on people's faces), it would take a few minutes for it to pass through, of which the migrain would then start afterward.

My daughter experienced that Matthew, she called them swirlies,  then the headache. Vomiting usually helped. Today she's on prescription migraine meds when it occurs.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

20 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

My daughter experienced that Matthew, she called them swirlies,  then the headache. Vomiting usually helped. Today she's on prescription migraine meds when it occurs.

Yeah, I recall being sick quite a lot with the migrains I used to get. Fortunately I grew out of them.

When I was little, my mom used to point out that the birds were far bigger today than they were when she was young.

Based on Revelation, in that the birds "eat the flesh" of those who fall at Armageddon, she used to teach me that's why they were getting bigger, because Jehovah was preparing them to eat all the corpses of those who died at the end which wasn't far off. (Yes she was serious).

So I went to my grandmother and told her the same thing, and she got frightened 😄

Just a random amusing memory that came back to me.

Edited by EccentricM

Nope, the pears I processed were so big they had to be cut in 8ths! About the size of a grapefruit. 

And they were delicious

And you should have seen the plums, we had a tree in the yard, I was 7 and recovering from a ruptured appendix and wanted plums, I climbed the tree and started eating, it took both hands to hold that plum! That was till mom got home and promptly took me out of the tree!

Edited by bagwell1987

On 7/13/2021 at 9:34 AM, EccentricM said:

When I was little, my mom used to point out that the birds were far bigger today than they were when she was young.

Based on Revelation, in that the birds "eat the flesh" of those who fall at Armageddon, she used to teach me that's why they were getting bigger, because Jehovah was preparing them to eat all the corpses of those who died at the end which wasn't far off. (Yes she was serious).

So I went to my grandmother and told her the same thing, and she got frightened 😄

Just a random amusing memory that came back to me.

I just think there is more birds, from one older sisterpoint of view.

On 7/12/2021 at 4:34 PM, EccentricM said:

Birds are probably getting more steroids in their food than they use to. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

80 years and all the health problems of this system isn't enough time to do everything that a person wants. You might have dementia well before you reach that age so you aren't even exactly the same person. 

Nonetheless all time having to be spent doing secular jobs just to have money to pay the bills. The work in the new world will be more fulfilling I hope. 

Edited by Beyond the Sky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Insight book says that Noah's ark had 96,000 square feet of living space. A football field is 48,000 square feet. So Noah's ark had as much living space as two football fields...!