JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A random thread of absolute randomness...

On 7/27/2020 at 6:19 PM, Katty said:

When you say scifi music do you mean music from scifi movies/tv shows or music made to have a high tech scifi feel...or music that tells a scifi story?

Now I had to retrace my steps! I don't remember what I was listening to excactly, but it could have been a game soundtrack with a scifi theme. I don't play computer games, but Spotify sometimes suggests these soundtracks for me. Paradox Interactive? Whatever electronica that makes me think of space ships and intergalactic journeys :wub:

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

• 2 weeks later...

So David told me about a keyboard filter that automatically changes "millennial" to "upstart whippersnapper"
Imagine writing a post about Christ's millennial reign and not noticing and people scratching their head about your post on the upstart whippersnapper reign of Christ. 😄

1 minute ago, Mephibosheth said:

Would it change a comment about the medieval middle ages to medieval boomers?

Ah the boomers are retirement age, now (yes time flies) so what if it replaces retired with boomer?

"Mods, I'd look to boomer now?"
"I can't believe our friend is boomered."

Of course if they returned, you could call them boomer-anged

The other day I must have done something smart and my wife praised me and said she didn't know how she had married such a smart husband. I told her that opposites attract. 

Hero to zero in half a second 😳

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Yesterday David and I spent several minutes doing nothing but looking for words that have the Latin word vertere (to turn) as a root and would get so excited when we found it.

We had some interesting finds like how reverse and revert have the same roots (turn again or turn back)

Or converse and convert have the same roots (turn with or turn around)

But mean different things.

13 hours ago, Katty said:

So I hope my David doesn't mind me mentioning that he has a habit of saying "mm-hm" instead of yes, so today I said "I want you say either 'yes' or 'not yes' "
Idk why I can' t stop laughing about that.
Did I actually forget 'No' is a word??🤦‍♂️

I do exactly the same, I've had friends from the US constantly call me out on it, as they are not sure of my intent, I just mumble a "mh" to mean yes, or type "mhm" to mean yes or a soft "yeah". It must be pretty common here, but in other places they think we're being miserable or rude. 😄

Edited by EccentricM

4 minutes ago, My little flower said:

Can someone tell me about the Simpsons predictions? Is it conspiracy theory?

Yes. Most of the time, the episodes are made "after" the fact of the so-called "predicted events", but people spread false claims like wildfire that the episodes were made before hand, and mislable them as fortune telling. Other times it's people just copying what they see. Overall the makers of the Simpsons are very politically aware too (as they've made other shows that are more on the nose, similar to the makers of South Park), so they are good at seeing patterns and make parodies of such.

Edited by EccentricM

28 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

Most of the time, the episodes are made "after" the fact of the so-called "predicted events

Whereas the Lone Gunmen episode that showed a remote controlled passenger plane hitting the twin tower was broadcast months before 911. However that wasn't a prediction either..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

16 hours ago, Mephibosheth said:

The other day I must have done something smart and my wife praised me and said she didn't know how she had married such a smart husband. I told her that opposites attract. 

Hero to zero in half a second 😳

Today I told my wife she was sweet and I didn't know how I had married someone so sweet. She said...

Yup, you guessed it..:lol1:

I just realized that one day some hyperbole wont make sense anymore. 

I never thought in a million years I'd say that...🤣

Just now, Tronora said:

... thimking about how I could possibly put som irony into my ironing tomorrow ...

I'm sure that would make it sound more ... ironic

That really puts a wrinkle in things but I'm sure you will iron it out.. 

6 hours ago, Tronora said:

... thimking about how I could possibly put som irony into my ironing tomorrow ...

I'm sure that would make it sound more ... ironic

6 hours ago, Mephibosheth said:

That really puts a wrinkle in things but I'm sure you will iron it out.. 

If your ironed clothes ended up more wrinkled that would be, by definition, irony.

On 7/23/2020 at 3:24 PM, EccentricM said:

"Subject File: Lionel Richie. He was caught looking into people's windows and intruding on people's property again asking if it was he people were looking for."
"Charge: Stalking and invasion of privacy".
"Video documentation:"

Yeah, he's totally stalking her. O.O