JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A random thread of absolute randomness...

My blackbirds now are much more brave. There is one who now comes to the front door and stares at it, they've never come close to it before.

And today it's brave enough to pace past the open back door!!

I'm still trying to figure out if I have crows or ravens. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

On 6/13/2023 at 9:10 AM, Imagine said:

Fun fact : Magpie (A superficially similar Australian bird)

I feed the magpies.  They come into my back verandah in the morning when they see me up.    “Where is our breakfast?”🎶🎶

Edited by MullumMiss

I just discovered this thread on random randomness. I guess this is a place to post a random video i made of a family trip to Hawaii. Because if there anything boring....its watching other people's family vacation videos . But its random ! 

By the way, My sons name is "River" and its mainly focused on him.lol

https://youtu.be/GLaRjJdx4RA

2 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

My blackbirds now are much more brave. There is one who now comes to the front door and stares at it, they've never come close to it before.

And today it's brave enough to pace past the open back door!!

I'm still trying to figure out if I have crows or ravens. 

Well I discovered, by way of bill and tail fan, I have a family of 5 black birds/crows. I enjoy them so much. Very entertaining. I also discovered that the Bluejay is a relative which may be why the Crow allows them to feast on the peanuts I put out (and the crow subsequently find in their hiding places 😄) it all works. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

On 10/25/2022 at 10:54 AM, Californiamama said:

we ate beans and cornbread because it was a cheap meal

Just learning the secrets to the type cornbread of my hubby's dreams.   Yes what you said is almost his favorite meal!  just talking about it makes his eyes go far away and funny lookin', likes he sees the past!   So   this is the adventure I am into.  I have 50lbs of jumbo popcorn (yellow) and was watching a farmers wife making the cornbread Southeners  like...   Hmmm   I can do that I think, if I can grind up my corn.  I haven't used the grainmill in a while so I went to my go-to Nutribullet and ground a half cup of kernels (both blades) +with a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar. I superheated a small corning skillet that fits in the air fryer with some avocado oil.   I added milk to just make the cornmeal just short of pancake runny.   Poured in the oil from the blazing hot skillet, stirred and added the wet ingredients back to the blazing hot pan and added a spot of butter.  Then in it went.  next time I will add butter before I pour it in!

Meanwhile I watched the how-to video a couple more times, set my timer, gathering more info.   oops!  Now I see she used "cornmeal mix" so searched out what mine was missing: flour, baking powder, more sugar and more salt.  Oh well I am commited now!   Time to test this mess!   Hmm...   a tad grainy, mealy to me, solution: I will grind and mix in the milk the night before...   I don't use wheat so I will add a heaping teaspoon of casava flour to it and at least a half teaspoon of salt and sugar (careful not too sweet!)

So I gave the hubby a taste and he was thoughtful and said it could use some salt!   I think I am really close to getting a wife of the year award!  lol   As I walked away from the table he said "there is more of this?"   WOW!   after 30 plus years to finally do a good job of this and it be so easy!  It will be better next time! Almost like learning to cook instant navy beans!  That only took me 17 years!  Simple pleasures right?

On 6/26/2023 at 6:57 PM, Tsheppar said:

It had really pretty windows.

Brother what makes them pretty to you?  I was thinking the framing has nice details.   It is lovely, windows! such a nice distraction when trying to pay attention at meetings!    j/k   lol

10 hours ago, Geralyn said:

Brother what makes them pretty to you?  I was thinking the framing has nice details.   It is lovely, windows! such a nice distraction when trying to pay attention at meetings!    j/k   lol

The palm trees are etched into the glass is what I thought was pretty. :)

10 hours ago, Tsheppar said:

The palm trees are etched into the glass is what I thought was pretty. :)

wow!  where was my mind! I had not even realized that was not a reflection!  So the window is frosted and the palm image is just a reveal!  So creative and probably really helping Bros to not spend time gazing out during meetings!  lol Thanks for the reply...

• 3 weeks later...

When you think about sayings that people repeat you wonder at where it came from and how dumb it really is when you think about it.

"It's always darkest before the dawn" really?? Well ya, it's night! 🙄

An English Theologian came up with that beauty.

3 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

"It's always darkest before the dawn" really?? Well ya, it's night! 🙄

Its true! My eyes are closed tight!!!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 weeks later...

Do you want to make a batch of Ghee but do not want to babysit a hot skillet in August?   I suspected my iPot would be the answer! It is! 

Here is an oxymoron for ya, using an iPot to cook pokeweed!   Old school and cutting edge!  It works for me!   It is a 2-step process, a first a one minute boil on the back deck then gather that "mess o' greens" in a basket that fits in the iPot for a 5 minute pressure cook.   This is actually a 10 minute warmup and 5 min @pressure meeting the required 15 minute finishing cook.   Ask me before trying this at home....image.thumb.png.02c464c3e882e66e38ae2544a074b7d0.png

A favorite pair of gifts from Jehovah for beauty and eating!    Oyster mushrooms and pokeweed!   I am amazed at mushrooms.  The edible ones are Jehovah showing off as His process of 'turning wood into meat' is effortless, miraculous and part of low energy recycling! image.thumb.png.c1a3a8593e922ccb212da17d6f14a962.png

Perplexing headline: 

ScreenShot2023-08-05at12_16_57PM.png.02ad6bbb0d1e195454251120bcf2cd6e.png

Hmmm...🤫

How can the UN possibly MAINTAIN something that does not even exist? 

For instance, I can't maintain my stretch limo or my Leer jet...cuz they don't exist.

"it is not meant for men who are meeting to maintain nonexistent stuff." --Common Sense 3:13

🙃

https://media.un.org/en/asset/k1p/k1p1gep7z6

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

2 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Perplexing headline: 

ScreenShot2023-08-05at12_16_57PM.png.02ad6bbb0d1e195454251120bcf2cd6e.png

Hmmm...🤫

How can the UN possibly MAINTAIN something that does not even exist? 

For instance, I can't maintain my stretch limo or my Leer jet...cuz they don't exist.

"it is not meant for men who are meeting to maintain nonexistent stuff." --Common Sense 3:13

🙃

https://media.un.org/en/asset/k1p/k1p1gep7z6

9392 meetings???  😳😳😳

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 1 month later...

You know you are getting old when people treat you like a puppy.

This mornings doctor appointment.

Receptionist: "You did the online check in, yes you did! Good job!"

I was waiting for a pat on the head...

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Man I hate that. But that said I'll play the 'age card' whenever I don't want to do something 😄 

20 hours ago, Tortuga said:

2034_headpat.png.b602e92f5de9e934da67c72b760b5bb3.png

🤭

😂

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Yesterday I gave a talk in a congregation that I hadn't been to before. I noticed a tray of tomatos on the ground next to the entrance. I asked a brother about it and he told me they had hall care the day before and someone brought tomatoes to share with the group.

I told him that it was a little intimidating for a visiting speaker to see a tray of tomatos by the front door. He told me there was squash the week before :eek:

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Yesterday I gave a talk in a congregation that I hadn't been to before. I noticed a tray of tomatos on the ground next to the entrance. I asked a brother about it and he told me they had hall care the day before and someone brought tomatoes to share with the group.

I told him that it was a little intimidating for a visiting speaker to see a tray of tomatos by the front door. He told me there was squash the week before :eek:

that would be funny to see but in a previous congregation I was in each week there seemed to have a different fruit or vegetable outside for one to collect.

1 hour ago, Luigi62 said:

that would be funny to see but in a previous congregation I was in each week there seemed to have a different fruit or vegetable outside for one to collect.

We have many gardeners here, we've set out boxes by the door for years. As one who's donated it made me feel good that someone took one of my 'babies home