JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Australia - A/Video projects

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1313 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I am happy to inform that despite Covid-19, there is a "great deal of projects and preparation for video projects" happening behind the scenes, here Down Under - it's rather on a large scale, to the point that soon we will have "special local needs part" presented to Australian brothers and sisters about it. Very exciting times ahead!

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

4 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Okay, now you've got my (our) attention! What's it about? (Or are you allowed to tell?) I'm all ears!

856180531_ICantHearYou.gif.ccb30d94e542e07820121fd273fadfd7.gif

That's as far as I am "allowed to share at THIS point" LOL :givehug:Hope soon, there will be more to share with you dear brothers and sisters. :)

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

43 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

That's as far as I am "allowed to share at THIS point" LOL :givehug:Hope soon, there will be more to share with you dear brothers and sisters. :)

Not even if we were to try

to ply

you with some    

spacer.png      

1398152562_Bateyessmirk.gif.4159d5347b58f28a5897a7b1f22864ce.gif

:D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

3 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Not even if we were to try

to ply

you with some    

spacer.png      

1398152562_Bateyessmirk.gif.4159d5347b58f28a5897a7b1f22864ce.gif

:D 

Nah.... :no:  Try scones instead LOL :lol2:

On 8/2/2020 at 8:45 AM, New World Explorer said:

I am happy to inform that despite Covid-19, there is a "great deal of projects and preparation for video projects" happening behind the scenes, here Down Under - it's rather on a large scale, to the point that soon we will have "special local needs part" presented to Australian brothers and sisters about it. Very exciting times ahead!

It was announced that it would be this week.

On 8/1/2020 at 11:45 PM, New World Explorer said:

I've been hearing about this project since last year. It would be great to know what the latest developments happening at Sydney bethel.

Yup. We just got the announcement here. They're going to be filming 'large scale' video projects here In Australia. They're asking for "up to 10,000 brothers and sisters between 18 and 65" to audition. There was 70,000 at our last International, so that's not a small number; and given the world conditions, they're allowed to audition over the net.

"Large scale" means dramas, I'm guessing. So I guess the Society is following Hollywood's example of filming in Australia.

3 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

Yup. We just got the announcement here. They're going to be filming 'large scale' video projects here In Australia. They're asking for "up to 10,000 brothers and sisters between 18 and 65" to audition. There was 70,000 at our last International, so that's not a small number; and given the world conditions, they're allowed to audition over the net.

"Large scale" means dramas, I'm guessing. So I guess the Society is following Hollywood's example of filming in Australia.

Incredible, isn’t? 

3 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

There’s is currently about 65,000 witnesses in Australia.

4 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Well, what do you all think?  I'm really excited that the privilege to audition has been extended to us!

Happy Best Day Ever GIF

I have already put the first part in.

Due to COVID I’m an able to but in the second part which is filming a short skit with another brother.

9 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

Could you imagine a modern day redo of the Ten Commandments? Perhaps with a limited theatrical release?

I can just imagine having to sift through all those audition videos...

Some years ago, we asked publishers here to audition for singing and reading, and the response was enormous. But we got some good singers, and the reading of our publications, as well as video narration, has improved a lot, and the audio Bible production is well under way.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

11 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

You are turning your books into movies? :D

So will we see you in next movie released? [mention=4085]New World Explorer[/mention]
:secret:

These movies spend years in development. The videos for the next five years worth of conventions are already in various stages of development.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Did you know that the construction project in Australia Branch is the only theocratic construction project that has been continuing since COVID. There was so much organization and the saftey regulations and infection control were probably the finest in the world. I think other projects may just be starting again but this one definitely has seen Jehovah’s support! 

Australia news:
All LDC and BCS servants received a letter/update this week.
All projects remain suspended and stay on-hold till 1 Jan 2021 when they will be reviewed (with the exception of the works at Sydney Bethel).
Servants will now either be going into ISO/Quarantine to join the Sydney Bethel project, or return to their congregation.
Many of the servants have been on hold since the works were suspended/shut-down earlier this year.
Some have already been absorbed into the Sydney project bubble, with strict contact perimeters. This new change will address the remaining Building Construction Servants (BCS).

Old (Downunder) Tone

Thought it would be appropriate to post here.

If we do get selected to be in a video for JWB or a Convention video and someone recognizes us and asks to take a selfie with us we should humbly deny the request.

In Melbourne last year some brothers saw Bro Splane on the witnessing carts and ask for a photo but He declined.