JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Making Disciples Now Prepares Us for New World Disciple-Making

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1338 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 8/17/2020 at 12:49 AM, jwhess said:

I guess they did not have their special receiver set for the Ephemeral, Sub-Space, Hyper-Light communication system (it was before MEPS).  How much I miss the 60s and 70s...:)

All this com later, maybe after the millenium.😁😉🙋

Edited by carlos

25 minutes ago, Exter said:

I would be happy to study with my late father. He was not an enemy of the truth, but he bitterly regretted his mistakes towards the family. He confessed this to me on his sickbed when I visited him. I hope Jehovah gives him a second chance.

I desire the same.

My Father who very strongly opposed when I begun serving Jehovah, confessed on his sickbed when dying ... Greg teach me about your God Jehovah. 

Hope Jehovah gives him a second chance. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

40 minutes ago, Exter said:

I would be happy to study with my late father. He was not an enemy of the truth, but he bitterly regretted his mistakes towards the family. He confessed this to me on his sickbed when I visited him. I hope Jehovah gives him a second chance.

11 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

I desire the same.

My Father who very strongly opposed when I begun serving Jehovah, confessed on his sickbed when dying ... Greg teach me about your God Jehovah. 

Some many cases like this... I'm sure Jehovah was smiling when he heard that... and he was smiling too when you wrote that... because he is preparing something good :D 

On 8/22/2020 at 4:40 PM, Aris Kamp said:

Space travel, in the conventional sense as we understand it now, is frankly beyond impossible even for forever living humans:

* Needs an immensely huge space vessel that must carry a lot of supplies and fuel.  The more fuel, the more space and even more fuel you need to carry.  And this is a loop cycle that you cant avoid.  The sweat spot size for a space ship would not allow anyone to go anywhere beyond, perhaps Mars.

* Needs a lot of time to even travel to the closest to us sun, Alpha Centauri 4 light years distance, at a decently fast speed, lets say 1% of light speed.  That would take about 400 years.  If you want to speed up to 10% of light speed, you can make it in 40 years, but then each little particle of dust crashing against your space ship, would be like you are a driver crashing against another vehicle.  About 50% of light speed, that same dust particle would be like a small atomic weapon.  At 90% of light speed, your own space ship and yourself have already been transformed into energy, aka dead.

* If you think life on earth could potentially become boring after you research everything and know everything (something the bible does not teach, quite the opposite), try being stuck in a spaceship, with minimal or 0 gravity in the empty dark space for hundreds of years.  Talk about boredom right there.

* Space is immensely huge and dark, and in most of the places there are not much to see really, and those places that are things to see will kill you because of radiation or strong magnetic fields.

To travel space, in the future, might not be an option.  Because we can still see things through our telescopes, or we can ask Jehovah to show us his creation in a dream or whatever.

HOWEVER

Being allowed to populate another planet is not something i personally exclude as possibility.  A planet that Jehovah will prepare for us, with a full complement of flora and fauna waiting for us to steward for his glory.  
How will we get there?  Maybe Jehovah as a Stargate system in mind, or can transfer us there by use of his force.

Being stuck on a small crumped place for hundred/thousands of years traveling somewhere, not a joy ride and I am sure Jehovah would not want this for anyone of his children.

I think about it just like you, my dear brother and friend. It has been on my mind since my youth, which is now 60 years in the past. That is why I have also initiated this topic. Certainly there are more important things. But when we are often encouraged to talk about the endless life in paradise, space travel comes to mind, not only for me, but also for others, even elders.

1 hour ago, Exter said:

My father regretted what he had done on us. He neglected us emotionally and spiritually.... He's not opposed to the truth but he can't give up his lifestlyle.. gambling and choosing worldly friends.... ... He's still alive. 

9 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

I desire the same.

Jehovah is a God of mercy.my speculation is that one is more likely to be resurrected than survive armageddon if they are alive at the time. 

Edited by My little flower

10 hours ago, Exter said:

I would be happy to study with my late father. . .

Me too. I had that thought as soon as my father passed away. He was never opposed to me, and sometimes read our magazines. Once he came to a meeting with me. But he just had his own religion. I hope I have that privilege, to be able to teach him the truth when he comes back in the resurrection. :heart:

9 hours ago, Dages said:

Some many cases like this... I'm sure Jehovah was smiling when he heard that... and he was smiling too when you wrote that... because he is preparing something good :D 

David, what an encouraging comment! :ok:

On 8/10/2020 at 6:49 AM, Stee said:

Can’t wait to welcome back my husband!!

This got me thinking about how the re-marriages (post-resurrected ones) will be worked out.

One of those wait and see situations, I guess. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

9 hours ago, AH173 said:

This got me thinking about how the re-marriages (post-resurrected ones) will be worked out.

One of those wait and see situations, I guess. 

I know..I’ve thought about it a lot! I really hope Jehovah has something good in store- for ones like myself who would love to be reunited with our beautiful spouses. ❤️

3 hours ago, Stee said:

I know..I’ve thought about it a lot! I really hope Jehovah has something good in store- for ones like myself who would love to be reunited with our beautiful spouses. ❤️

Jehovah knows what is really good for us, even if we do not see it that way at the moment. In addition to ourselves, he also has in mind the good of the person we are focused on. In any case, we will all be extraordinarily happy in the New World; one hundred percent!

3 hours ago, Stee said:

Agreed. After all we didn’t choose to separate from each other but death cruelty took our hubbies away from us.
I too pray to Jehovah for ones like us to be reunited as couples with our husbands or wives. 
One thing I know for sure though is that Jehovah will make it right for us. 🤗 

Edited by Jothob

1 hour ago, Jothob said:

Agreed. After all we didn’t choose to separate from each other but death cruelty took our hubbies away from us.
I too pray to Jehovah for ones like us to be reunited as couples with our husbands or wives. 
One thing I know for sure though is that Jehovah will make it right for us. 🤗 

Exactly! I miss my best friend and I’m sure u do too! ❤️ If it’s Jehovah’s will..it would be a blessing to continue where we left off..Serving Jehovah happily together. I want my pioneer partner back! 😭❤️

..When the new scrolls are opened, I’ll be looking for this point first! 😉☺️

Big hug dear sister! Not much longer! 😘

2 hours ago, Stee said:

Exactly! I miss my best friend and I’m sure u do too! ❤️ If it’s Jehovah’s will..it would be a blessing to continue where we left off..Serving Jehovah happily together. I want my pioneer partner back! 😭❤️

..When the new scrolls are opened, I’ll be looking for this point first! 😉☺️

Big hug dear sister! Not much longer! 😘

I totally agree with you dear sister. I too want my pioneer partner back and we always used to talk about working together on one project after another in the new world and forever!
Besides, he owes me a holiday! ☺️ We were just about to arrange one after a big RBC project he was overseeing ended. He missed it by three weeks! 

I shall be reading them new scrolls! X

Oops! Sorry if we’ve got off topic! 🙏

Wouldn’t that be lovely to welcome back fathers and brothers and mothers and sisters who maybe didn’t accept the truth in their lifetime this side of Armageddon. Can you imagine their face, and contrition, when they realised we had the truth after all. Those reunions will be something very special.

I almost think studying with ones like that had some knowledge of the truth will be easier than perhaps studying with ones that, in their whole lifetimes, never heard of Jehovah. Can you imagine an Ancient Amazonian tribal woman, or a big bearded Norse Viking?!!? Where do we even start??!