JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Making Disciples Now Prepares Us for New World Disciple-Making

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1335 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, bohemian said:

It does not say inhabited by humans, nor that other planets will be inhabited.

Well, who knows. “Mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish.”—Ecclesiastes 3:11.

IMO, Jehovah has in mind a bigger project. The time will tell. Let’s stay focus on what we know for sure .

Concerning the talk, I loved it. It helps to imagine and meditate on what our life will be made during the next 1,000 years. And it shows how much our work today is important. We can help to save lives nowadays but we will be able to save way more lives in the future. What a loving God we serve!

1 hour ago, Romain said:

Concerning the talk, I loved it. It helps to imagine and meditate on what our life will be made during the next 1,000 years. And it shows how much our work today is important. We can help to save lives nowadays but we will be able to save way more lives in the future. What a loving God we serve!

That’s such a lovely point. I sometimes struggle to imagine what the paradise will be like, overwhelmed by life’s anxieties. But this has definitely given me some ‘meaty’ ideas about things to imagine and contemplate about our future lives in the new world. (I still want to study with Anne Boleyn!)

I like how he said, jokingly, that if anyone doesn’t want to be a part of the new world, they don’t have to stay! And if I righteous resurrected ones don’t accept the truth, they will have a period of time, perhaps up to 100 years, to choose whether they want this life... can you imagine having a study for 100 years!! 

2 hours ago, bohemian said:

It does not say inhabited by humans, nor that other planets will be inhabited.

Context of the paragraph indicates it was talking about human habitation, otherwise it wouldn't have been included in the book as it would have served no purpose. 

On 8/9/2020 at 4:39 PM, New World Explorer said:

I had to contemplate on the material presented in this talk. (B.Lett)

I have always knew, that our current assignment in disciple-making work prepares us for the future.

But this talk really drove the point right into my heart. 

I often think about the different personalities and cultures that will be resurrected. It will take a lot of training for us to continue to learn how to reach their hearts. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

34 minutes ago, My little flower said:

I appreciated the point that billions of people will be resurrected.i got thinking......many will be resurrected than they will survive  armageddon.

The possible numbers are staggering.  We have 8 1/2 billion people on Earth that we (8 1/2 million JWs) try to speak to even once.  Then we might have 20 billion or more to have a regular bible Study and help physically care for them.  Almost unimaginable...❤️

A 1992 awake said this about space travel.

Off topic but exciting to think what could also be in store.

Space Exploration—What Does the Future Hold?

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101992643

Will Man Ever Reach the Planets?...

What can be said from a Biblical viewpoint? True, man was told by God to ‘multiply and fill the earth.’ (Genesis 1:28) At the same time, he was given intelligence and an insatiable desire to know more about his context, including the biosphere, the stratosphere, and beyond. That context includes our tiny solar system and the stars beyond. Thus, King David was inspired to write some three thousand years ago: “When I see your heavens, the works of your fingers, the moon and the stars that you have prepared, what is mortal man that you keep him in mind, and the son of earthling man that you take care of him?”—Psalm 8:3, 4.

12 hours ago, Mephibosheth said:

I often think about the different personalities and cultures that will be resurrected. It will take a lot of training for us to continue to learn how to reach their hearts. 

Yes.. Adjustment is needed... Asian people use indirect speech.. Most of western people use direct speech. When I encountered western people for first time, on how they communicate It was so shocking to me.  In our culture, the same with other east Asians, you cannot say no to your supervisors. Its rude..  And you can't say no to an invitation. You have to make excuses . Saying no means hurting someone's feeling......When visitors enter your house, inviting them for a meal is a sign of hospitality..  Older people and male  should received much respect in Asia..... And things like generation gap, etc. 

In previous centuries, people wear clothes with many layers.. Unlike today that even sisters wear knee level dresses, it might be offensive to newly resurrected ones....... They say that we use our emotions in making decision and Chinese use their minds... So if you wanna serve other culture, then adjustment is needed. 

Edited by JennyM

Does anyone know the publications or watchtowers that we’re used for this talk? I wanted to do dive into the actual articles to get a better understanding of the material that was discussed. Someone was referencing the Worldwide Security Under the “Prince of Peace” book. I wasn’t alive when that book was studied and I’m not sure if that is the one that was used. Anyone know or have the transcript for it as I know someone is taking so,e really good notes.

On 8/10/2020 at 8:46 AM, JennyM said:

The Israelites inherited the land of Canaan. We will inherit the whole universe. 

Yes, der Sister. I think 100% the same. We have endless time to settle on trillions of Planets, they in a habitable sphere around a Star, similar  our sun .

Edited by Exter

Correction

16 minutes ago, Exter said:

Yes, der Sister. I think 100% the same. We have endless time to settle on trillions of Planets, they in a habitable sphere around a Star, similar  our sun .

Imagine hearing Jehovah’s permission directed to those who passed the final test at the end on 1000 y..... his voice saying ....Experience and explore the universe ...it’s yours faithful sons and daughters....

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

35 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Imagine hearing Jehovah’s permission directed to those who passed the final test at the end on 1000 y..... his voice saying ....Experience and explore the universe ...it’s yours faithful sons and daughters....

To boldly go where no man has gone before! Star trek, hopefully without the Borg! 

58 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

This is not for new people. This is for you; and your children. But there will be others. For now, all My worlds are yours, to do as you see fit; subject to My laws. I told Abraham once that his descendants would be as the stars of the sky. There are stars enough that you don't have a number big enough to count them. :D 

13 minutes ago, bohemian said:

science fiction appears to be being accepted as fact.

@Ludwika  will we be required to split infinitives too?

To a person living 500 years ago, our whole way of living was a science fiction ...and yet, here we are, using wi-fi and flying in the air. Moses will learn a new way of looking at the tablet LOL 
In my view SF is a very relative term. 

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

To a person living 500 years ago, our whole way of living was a science fiction ...and yet, here we are, using wi-fi and flying in the air. Moses will learn a new way of looking at the tablet LOL 

I couldn't agree with you more. Now, we can communicate from miles away in just minutes. 

6 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

I thought about that too considering that for the most part basic electricity and indoor plumbing in homes has only been around for the past 100 years or so.  A lot of things have changed even in the past 20-30 years so I wonder what type of infrastructure and technology will exist at that time.  So the majority of the resurrected ones will not know anything about lights, phones, Internet or anything like that.

That talk drove through my 💓 and gave me so much Joy. 

I used to be in special full time service served as a special pioneer for 3 years.until my assignment was changed to regular pioneering in 2017 just before my marriage. Due to health reasons. We still yearn to serve in that capacity but it's like we should get ourselves ready for the show at the other side of Ammagedon. For now we are still busy as need greaters doing our best within the our current limitations. But then.....😄🏇🏇🏇🏼🏇🏼

On 8/10/2020 at 10:15 PM, BLEmom said:

Our Cobe is right there with you. As a lover of sci-fi, he looks forward to exploring space. 

My husband feels the same too. Always says he would love to explore the universe. There is so much to discover and continue to praise our creator for his wonders of creation. And we will have eternity so time is on our side. 

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

On 8/9/2020 at 4:54 PM, Dustparticle said:

We were told by the brothers that we should call our friends in the past brothers and sisters. Brother Lett called Rutherford a Judge. And I still call Russell a Paster. Rutherford and Russell was known throughout the world with these titles and they whole heartily lived by them.

I think Rutherford's first name IS Judge  😉

Those guys are already in heaven- don't they get new names there?

On 8/9/2020 at 4:54 PM, Dustparticle said:

We were told by the brothers that we should call our friends in the past brothers and sisters. Brother Lett called Rutherford a Judge. And I still call Russell a Paster. Rutherford and Russell was known throughout the world with these titles and they whole heartily lived by them.

I think Rutherford's first name IS Judge  😉

Those guys are already in heaven- don't they get new names there?