JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Warning! Public schools are teaching what!!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1450 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have read Marx's one act play, it is called Oulanem and does not bring demons into the room when pronouced. It is not about Satan or Demons. It is a rather boring account of an interchange of ideas among seven people that meet in a small German town. The plot is very confused, only the first act exists, likely because Marx came to his senses and concluded he was not a playwright. 

I have also read many reviews of Wurmbergs book. The book appears to be substantiated about as well as the "Two Babylons."

Google Images is not an intellectual search by any means, if it was we would have to conclude we are in the wrong organization. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 9/10/2020 at 7:03 PM, BenJepthah said:

This is rather ironic because Marxism in any form is sourced from Karl Marx whom the evidence suggests was a literal Satanist.  He even wrote a satanic play the name of which I will not repeat here and do not endorse searching unless you wish to be assaulted by Satanic imagery.  

We need to be very careful when making this kind of statements. Saying someone was a Satanist is a very serious accusation. As the Treasures talk in this week's meeting explained, when we hear things like this one we rarely have all the details. If we make such a serious accusation against someone and it happens not to be true, we might be slandering that person. We don't want to spread something false and much less slander.

When I was younger it was very common among Witnesses to say that such and such singer or musician or actor was a Satanist and had to be avoided. But with time we learned the seriousness of spreading unfounded rumors or accusing someone without compelling proof. Usually these kind of accusations are made up by "Christian" Fundamentalists who use to demonize anyone they dislike.

21 hours ago, carlos said:

We need to be very careful when making this kind of statements. Saying someone was a Satanist is a very serious accusation. As the Treasures talk in this week's meeting explained, when we hear things like this one we rarely have all the details. If we make such a serious accusation against someone and it happens not to be true, we might be slandering that person. We don't want to spread something false and much less slander.

When I was younger it was very common among Witnesses to say that such and such singer or musician or actor was a Satanist and had to be avoided. But with time we learned the seriousness of spreading unfounded rumors or accusing someone without compelling proof. Usually these kind of accusations are made up by "Christian" Fundamentalists who use to demonize anyone they dislike.

All fair criticisms of my statement. I have come to be persuaded that the man was probably not a Satanist, just a common Atheist with the usual  Antitheist proclivities.  Those Antitheist things which colored his writing probably led some biographers to conclude he was a Satanist and a few Satansts out there to agree.  The style of his verses and half play referenced above employed techniques which are sometimes claimed to be associated with the occult. 
    At the very least, the idea that this mans ideas would bring a better life seems not to be reflected in his own family. As with most human thought. 

48 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Was it just this week you were persuaded thus? 

Well, I really haven’t been bothered to consider the man from a biographic perspective until quite recently.  So , I n all honesty, yes.  Having considered a few perspectives presented here. 
    I hav eking known the general economic and social philosophy of Marx. But not the personal details of his life. Nor cared.  In fact I still don’t much care. 
     Kudos to my Brothers and Sisters here. They have shifted my opinion. If it is shifted back by something I later discover I cannot say. Perhaps I’ll just wait and ask him myself. If Jehovah wills it.    

On 9/9/2020 at 8:31 AM, Ferb said:

for some reason most young people believe that... it's wrong for some people to have more money than others, regardless of how much harder those people work to earn the extra they have, because it's inequality

oh that makes sense! so next time I'm in Mexico I'll let the young people in the neighbourhood on the left in this actual, unedited photograph, know that their neighbours to the east are just very hard workers, and that inequality is a myth
https://external-preview.redd.it/eB7jpsPdQ5DyN3WUS1bj55_lXlCRSVLq1QR1l6dxCKo.jpg?auto=webp&s=65216a3094dd6efa1ac83fb39f7114f4d0efb9b5

and if I ever visit the below city in Brazil, I'll be sure to inform the people on the left that if they would just pick up a few more hours at their job, then they too can have a condo, each with its own pool on their private balcony:

https://www.commondreams.org/sites/default/files/styles/cd_large/public/views-article/paraisopolis2008b-680_0.jpg?itok=-nFHfQyj

Edited by Brandon