JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

GB Update #8

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1271 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

I really liked Br. Losch quoting that 2012 Watchtower.  Like he says, the mix of clay and iron it makes much more political sense now.

Amazing how correct the prediction of the WT June 2012 was concerning the iron and the clay and how close election results

would weaken the governments of the Anglo_American world power.

This month's campaign heralding God's Kingdom to all government officials worldwide couldn't really be coming at a more opportune time

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

3 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

Thank you so much. I plan to use points from this update for the meeting for service next week.The transcript will help a lot.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

There was a bit of a mix up on his quote from 2012 

Not pa.16 but pa 9 - The common people undermine the ability of the Anglo-American World Power to act with ironlike strength. Also, opposing ideologies and close election results that do not end up in a clear majority have weakened the power base of even popular leaders, so that they have no clear mandate to implement their policies. Daniel foretold: “The kingdom will partly prove to be strong and will partly prove to be fragile.”—Dan. 2:42; 2 Tim. 3:1-3.

I like his additional references

Matthew 24:42-44 keep on the watch, we don’t know when. The pandemic has shown us how quick things can happen. We need to prove ourselves ready.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

2 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

I think you got confused with page 16 and paragraph 9.

Ya know, thinking about that I think where it was off for me was they just had the letter p instead of pg or pa. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

26 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Should we send a copy of the Watchtower to President Trump and President elect Joe Biden?

screenshot-20201121-133215.jpg

I was thinking the same thing Rosie. His quote from 2012 is so good, fitting. Wonder if any government folks will see it.

19 minutes ago, outwalkin said:

The direction was that the branch would handle these letters.

Lol... I was just joking my sister..... Generally I think we know not to preach outside out own territory or personal contacts but actually it's a good reminder. 

Thank you sister Carole

Edited by sunshine

55 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Should we send a copy of the Watchtower to President Trump and President elect Joe Biden?

screenshot-20201121-133215.jpg

After the administrations no doubt will have been sent the magazines, knowing that it's going to be sent to governmental officials worldwide, wouldn't be surprised if a few aren't keeping an eye on JW.ORG at all

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

21 minutes ago, Foxes53 said:

Nice life story on Richard Kelsey...

Kelsey, Richard: w12 10/15 17-21

I put his age at close to 90 so he's doing good..

He will be 90 in December.

https://www.jehovaszeugen.de/uploads/media/Amtsblatt_2020_Nr._2.pdf

Page 5

Edited by The German