Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Another welcome surprise


We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1305 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Recommended Posts

The postage in the UK is going up January 1st 2021 so a sister who works for the Post Office told us..so it's worth stocking up this month... 

 

Price hike  6p for 2nd class stamps ......... 9p for first class stamps

 

Not sure about large envelope stamps 

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Dove said:

I’m saving quite a few stamps every month by paying all my utilities and other bills online. 

Just out of interest, how do you pay them with stamps? Here in the UK we can only pay bills online or I guess telephone. I think anyway, correct me if I’m wrong. 
 

1 hour ago, Meditate! said:

As with all of you brothers, we're writing letter personally to those in our neighbourhood. It is all new to us here (in UK)

 

It has come as a surprise (to us anyway) how expensive it can become; especially if you are on a fixed budget but still want to get involved..

 

We have a sister in the congregation who is married to an unbeliever.. He is very tolerant of our sisters beliefs and a pleasant person too. He works for the Post Office... Our sister knows that he gets stamps given to him every year but forgot about the connection with her letter writing. Anyway he is sorting through some drawers in the room and came across his personal stash of unused stamps. He pipes up and says your congregation should be using these for your letter writing! I'm guessing around 600 first class stamps...

 

She duly contacts the elders and they makes sure they go to those who need them most.. We were all very grateful for this sudden 'out of the blue' blessing...

 

Didn't expect that!

That’s so lovely and unexpected. I’m sure Jehovah had a hand in that. It is expensive, but it’s so worth it. I’m saving money not going out fir as many coffees and meals out with the restrictions. So why not spend on our ministry instead. 

 

1 hour ago, Julie said:

The postage in the UK is going up January 1st 2021 so a sister who works for the Post Office told us..so it's worth stocking up this month... 

 

Price hike  6p for 2nd class stamps ......... 9p for first class stamps

 

Not sure about large envelope stamps 

Ooh. Good to know, as I’m running low. Will pop down to the post office this week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Luisabola said:

Just out of interest, how do you pay them with stamps? Here in the UK we can only pay bills online or I guess telephone. I think anyway, correct me if I’m wrong. 
 

 

I paid them by check, but had to use stamps to mail the checks..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Luisabola said:

 

That’s so lovely and unexpected. I’m sure Jehovah had a hand in that. It is expensive, but it’s so worth it. I’m saving money not going out fir as many coffees and meals out with the restrictions. So why not spend on our ministry instead. 

As our CO pointed out we're saving money on fuel getting to and from the meetings and the ministry especially as I live in very rural territory so we use our cars alot, so although the stamps seem an expense what we're saving in fuel we can spend on postage

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Meditate! said:

As with all of you brothers, we're writing letter personally to those in our neighbourhood. It is all new to us here (in UK)

 

It has come as a surprise (to us anyway) how expensive it can become; especially if you are on a fixed budget but still want to get involved..

 

We have a sister in the congregation who is married to an unbeliever.. He is very tolerant of our sisters beliefs and a pleasant person too. He works for the Post Office... Our sister knows that he gets stamps given to him every year but forgot about the connection with her letter writing. Anyway he is sorting through some drawers in the room and came across his personal stash of unused stamps. He pipes up and says your congregation should be using these for your letter writing! I'm guessing around 600 first class stamps...

 

She duly contacts the elders and they makes sure they go to those who need them most.. We were all very grateful for this sudden 'out of the blue' blessing...

 

Didn't expect that!

That's a nice blessing.

 

We thought it was typical of Satan's system right in the middle of Jehovah's people in the UK writing letters en masse that they put the cost of stamps up! 

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Dove said:

I paid them by check, but had to use stamps to mail the checks..

Ahh I see, cheques in England have all but disappeared. No one really uses them anymore. Although I used to get paid by cheque by the sister I cleaned for, bless her, but I deposited the cheque in my bank using an app on my phone, so no need to even visit the bank. Technology has come a long way I suppose. 
 

Excellent way for you to save a bit of money though! 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Julie said:

That's a nice blessing.

 

We thought it was typical of Satan's system right in the middle of Jehovah's people in the UK writing letters en masse that they put the cost of stamps up! 

I didn’t realise this, but stamp prices go up every March of every year in the UK. But the rise in January is an extra rise (on top of the normal one in March) and the biggest since 2012!! 
 

Typical eh? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)