JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone using JW Scheduler software?

2 hours ago, Brad Smith said:

I was thinking about learning to use this software, but do we know anything about the author of this software? I mean, all our brothers and sisters would be listed in this app, and could easily be shared.

Do we really want a DB of all the Witnesses. Who are the authors of this software, it's NOT the organization? Do we know anything about them/the brothers making this (is it brothers)?

I have been using this software for about 3 years and very happy with it. It help me a lot as a secretary.

Before that I used Microsoft excel, Word or Acrobat PDF to help my work.

These softwares are from non-JW.

2 hours ago, molnarj said:

This you can read on their website:

Hello!

New World Scheduler was created to help simplify and unify the scheduling and organising by appointed brothers in the congregation. Whether you are serving as an elder or ministerial servant, the Coordinator of the Body of Elders, Secretary, or have any other responsibility, we hope that New World Scheduler makes your work easier and quicker. That way we can all spend more time with our families, preaching, teaching and shepherding!

New World Scheduler was created and is maintained by a small team of brothers and sisters based in Australia. Our team are all currently in full-time service, and all brothers are elders. Between us we have spent over 30 years in the full-time service, including more than 10 years in special full-time service. Our team members have also served at branch offices, remote translation offices and in lands where the need is greater.

Kind Regards,
New World Scheduler Team

I hope this is the exact case because I've heard the software is really good, so wanted to look into it. Thanks for the feedback. :)

1 hour ago, fdjuliza85 said:

I have been using this software for about 3 years and very happy with it. It help me a lot as a secretary.

Before that I used Microsoft excel, Word or Acrobat PDF to help my work.

These softwares are from non-JW.

For sure, but that software isn't made for Witnesses, so wanted to make sure is all. Nice to know the software works very well. That's awesome.

6 minutes ago, Brad Smith said:

I hope this is the exact case because I've heard the software is really good, so wanted to look into it. Thanks for the feedback. :)

I don't think there's a way we'd ever know for sure, unless we talk to a congregation in Australia that knows them and can vouch for them.

But I would just say from the level of detail they have regarding our organization and how things are run, how fast they are to implement changes and keep up with Jehovah's chariot, and just how they communicated with me through email (I must have sent them 40 emails with feedback, bugs, etc), if they weren't JWs I'd be very surprised.  I haven't seen a single red flag that would indicate otherwise...

4 hours ago, Brad Smith said:

I use it for secretary work, it helps me  with many tasks. 
Our CO, does not have objections. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

11 hours ago, Brad Smith said:

Thanks for the feedback. Going to look into the software. Seems like awesome software. I'm tired of writing things on paper and having to track everything - and that's just for me. Going to explore it. Again, thanks for the comments.

You won't regret it, makes things so much easier and streamlined. And the congregation absolutely loved it. 

Since I was looking for a software to simplify some organizational matters of the congregation, I came across NW Scheduler here. First of all I am playing around with a sample congregation. I have a few questions about NW Scheduler, but I don't want to ask the surely busy brothers in Australia. Maybe someone here can help me.
1. is it normal that the software closes after a few minutes of non-use?
2. is it possible to change basic settings for date and time format etc.? I come from Germany... 😉

Thanks for the help.

2 minutes ago, fibrecat said:

1. is it normal that the software closes after a few minutes of non-use?
2. is it possible to change basic settings for date and time format etc.? I come from Germany... 😉

Thanks for the help.

1. Yes.  Due to the automatic sync functionality, it's important to be actively using the program.  As you move from screen to screen or change what is selected, your actions are saved.  So when someone just leaves it open on a screen, it is possible you have changes that aren't committed.  And if someone else in your congregation goes to that same screen, y'all could be stepping on each other now.  Automatically closing due to inactivity helps to prevent this from happening.  It can be annoying, but it must be done to prevent another much bigger headache.
  2. Yes.  On the nav menu on the left, click the little "person" button at the bottom.  Somewhere in there are settings.  I'm not at my PC, so I can't be specific.  But it's somewhere in there....

On 6/16/2023 at 5:10 PM, computerwiz said:

1. Yes.  Due to the automatic sync functionality, it's important to be actively using the program.  As you move from screen to screen or change what is selected, your actions are saved.  So when someone just leaves it open on a screen, it is possible you have changes that aren't committed.  And if someone else in your congregation goes to that same screen, y'all could be stepping on each other now.  Automatically closing due to inactivity helps to prevent this from happening.  It can be annoying, but it must be done to prevent another much bigger headache.
  2. Yes.  On the nav menu on the left, click the little "person" button at the bottom.  Somewhere in there are settings.  I'm not at my PC, so I can't be specific.  But it's somewhere in there....

Thank you very much.

Now I just have to convince the other brothers in the servants... 😉

1 hour ago, fibrecat said:

Thank you very much.

Now I just have to convince the other brothers in the servants... 😉

We have been using it for almost three years now. As the secretary it saves me countless hours. Plus, we use the Public Witnessing schedule which our S.O. absolutely loves. We have had zero issues or complaints from anyone so far.

I am getting a little push back from some of my brothers. I told the COBE that it is up to the secretary to decide what software he uses. If the rest want to benefit they can use the same software otherwise they can get pdf reports.

54 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I am getting a little push back from some of my brothers. I told the COBE that it is up to the secretary to decide what software he uses. If the rest want to benefit they can use the same software otherwise they can get pdf reports.

We didn't deal too much with that in our congregation. Our CLM, PTC, secretary, attendant, and service overseer all use it and love it. Par 4 in the sfl addendum does address this. But I have heard from a few neighboring congregations dealing with some push back. Our CO recently visited and had no objections whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Change is always hard to implement. You have to do all the heavy lifting, and present all the things it can do better than the current software y'all use. 

Make it as easy as possible and they'll come around to it. Let them know how they can do both until they're comfortable. 

2 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

Change is always hard to implement. You have to do all the heavy lifting, and present all the things it can do better than the current software y'all use. 

Make it as easy as possible and they'll come around to it. Let them know how they can do both until they're comfortable. 

That is an excellent point. The COBE (when he still did the midweek schedule) and I went thru the software, imported everything from KHS before we shared it with all. AT that point we presented it to the BOE, a few had reservations but since they weren't the ones using it, it wasn't a huge issue.

6 hours ago, Benjamin said:

As the secretary it saves me countless hours.

I like how easy its to send reminders to group overseers of missing reports from their group. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Plus, we use the Public Witnessing schedule which our S.O. absolutely loves.

Personally I think Carstmart program is still superior when it comes to Carts. Have you tried it? 

21 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Personally I think Carstmart program is still superior when it comes to Carts. Have you tried it? 

We have not tried it. We were using Sign-up Genuis until recently. So, the move to NWS for the carts is a new thing for us. The integration seems to have a lot of fans!

Curious if with update yesterday if anyone had the same issue. On the ME screen it has an alert message regarding missing Contact Info for about half of our publishers. It appears to only be those linked from congregation. The phone numbers are missing for let's say a wife that is using her husband's contact info. I tried adding a number of them. Closing NWS and when I open it again all that entered contact is gone again. 1976993525_Screenshot2023-06-24084449.jpg.ed3ef09c52165d5d33aaebbce097513f.jpg

Strangely, when I create a PDF of contact info the phone numbers are on the list. I just turned the alert off. But was curious if anyone knew how to resolve the issue

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

Curious if with update yesterday if anyone had the same issue. On the ME screen it has an alert message regarding missing Contact Info for about half of our publishers. It appears to only be those linked from congregation. The phone numbers are missing for let's say a wife that is using her husband's contact info. I tried adding a number of them. Closing NWS and when I open it again all that entered contact is gone again. 1976993525_Screenshot2023-06-24084449.jpg.ed3ef09c52165d5d33aaebbce097513f.jpg

Strangely, when I create a PDF of contact info the phone numbers are on the list. I just turned the alert off. But was curious if anyone knew how to resolve the issue

You need to go to each emergency contact that is in the congregation and tick off the box "Congregation Person"

That fixed it.