JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone using JW Scheduler software?

4 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Is there a way to get rid off showing reserve button on app for Cart witnessing? Also is it possible not to show multiple locations for a given date, but just one ? Thanks 

I don't think so. This is the first time Cartwitnessing is implemented so it's a bit new to the developers how it is received. Maybe in future updates? You can always send a request for something to change. 

JW Scheduler - Contact Us and then click suggestions. 

If you want to get rid of the reserve buttons, the option to use the App for Cartwittnessing has to be unticked in the main program under the NW Publisher Tab and then App options. Then no one in the Congregation will see this option for Cartwittnessing in the App.

5 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Is there a way to get rid off showing reserve button on app for Cart witnessing?

There is a way to prevent someone to make reservations. But the schedule is always displayed. Someone who wants to do Cartwittnessing has to be approved by the Servicecommittee. If you go to the Main Program and then Persons and then Tab Assign, there is tickbox in the upperright corner for Public Wittnessing. If you tick it and send app data the Person can make reservations. If you untick it and has send App data the Person can not make reservations but is able to see who is scheduled at a certain location and time.

See example below: ticked and un-ticked

Screenshot_20220629-065949.jpg

Screenshot_20220629-070019.jpg

Edited by molnarj

Thank you Janos, :wave:

Another problem/obstacle we have that I can't organize locations by date. 

We swap locations often as we had unpleasant encounter with local council. (I know recommendation is to have same location over and over, on same days etc, but we can't) 

Would be nice to see only 1 location visible for that date 

For example :

Location A, B, C, D, E 

2 July  we want location A and D

19 July Location C and E 

16 July location B and A ... instead we see lots of multiple locations visible. 

Possible to have this feature? 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Yes you can. Look at our schedule below. Choose the location you want to disable for that day and select Disable.

Then Send App data. The location is displayed as being disabled en no reservations can be made. But the location is available for next week. To Re-enable simply choose the location and date and select Enable. Send App data and the location is available for reservations again.

As you can see, we already implemented Truck Witnessing but there is no approval yet to do that yet. So Disabled.

image.thumb.png.d0169bbe4291f42b1577c1f6a0477569.png

After I loaded the latest update about 5 or 6 congregations vanished.  I still shows dates of Public Talks scheduled but the speaker and congregation are missing.  Any ideas?

2 hours ago, Mike said:

After I loaded the latest update about 5 or 6 congregations vanished.  I still shows dates of Public Talks scheduled but the speaker and congregation are missing.  Any ideas?

If they are a sync'd congregation from Public Speaker sharing, you might just have to wait for them to come online again and sync.

If they are NOT a sync'd congregation, then you will probably need to do a restore from a backup from before you upgraded.  Make sure to ONLY select the part that is missing.

image.png

We seem to have a sync issue as well. All Cong devices are updated, as are the PC versions. However this month no-one's reports entered on the NW publisher app are coming through on JW scheduler. No data is shown as waiting either.

Also, JW scheduler is reporting the incorrect devices in the app persons list - all with iPhones have updated to 2.3.4 but it only shows as 2.3.2

I have sent a report to the help desk, but it would be interesting to know if anyone else has had the same problem.

5 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

I am terribly sorry (very sad) but I found Cart witnessing feature very frustrating.

Hard to set locations, some not updating properly. 

I think we need to wait until this is improved, very sad. 

Updating now, reconnecting issues caused problems, hopefully this will be solved soon. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Here is a thought from the other side ... in the publisher app that goes with JWS, NW Publisher could also use some tweaks.

I get notifications from NWP - it will say something like, "New Congregation Event", Upcoming Congregation Event" or something like this with events and/or assignments. However, if I tap on the notification, it only takes me to the "home screen" of NWP - not to the event or assignment.

For instance, when I get a notification for a SMS text or WhatsApp, when I tap that notification it not only opens my text app or WhatsApp - it goes to the very conversation and new post - that is what NWP should do ... not just go to the home screen leaving me to try and find what "new" event I am being notified of.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Greetings 👋  I have moved to a new congregation in Santo Domingo Dominican Republic.  My new congregation has decided to use JW Scheduler.  I am helping them setup some of the data.   I keep getting this error messages:

image.thumb.png.3615e6aaa0cccbdb49c9d1e8853ffdbd.png

image.thumb.png.cb567da8ff073f4614dd589dd3d30c29.png

Is there some problem with the East Region License Server?

14 minutes ago, luisenriquereyes said:

Greetings 👋  I have moved to a new congregation in Santo Domingo Dominican Republic.  My new congregation has decided to use JW Scheduler.  I am helping them setup some of the data.   I keep getting this error messages:

image.thumb.png.3615e6aaa0cccbdb49c9d1e8853ffdbd.png

image.thumb.png.cb567da8ff073f4614dd589dd3d30c29.png

Is there some problem with the East Region License Server?

After some troubleshooting there seems to have been an update to JW Scheduler from last night to this morning.  The latest version is  6.3 #1220,  plus the Congregation Sharing servers no longer show North America East server but a North American East 2 server:

image.thumb.png.41ef0476f6a021ef7ecf68bcf750bc91.png

I guess they had problems with the North America East server and had to create a new one called North American East 2 ?   With this new server we have to add all persons again for Congregation Sharing :(

With the Cart Witnessing I had to revert to “paper” scheduling as many our publishers want to see rosters ahead of time to plan activities. 
July and August are done on paper, and I send the copy to WhatsApp group ((Cart Witnessing Group) 

Is there a way to do it, where publishers see July and August on NW app? 

If not, does anyone know alternative app for scheduling Carts that allows 2 months of scheduling? 

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

With the Cart Witnessing I had to revert to “paper” scheduling as many our publishers want to see rosters ahead of time to plan activities. 
July and August are done on paper, and I send the copy to WhatsApp group ((Cart Witnessing Group) 

Is there a way to do it, where publishers see July and August on NW app? 

If not, does anyone know alternative app for scheduling Carts that allows 2 months of scheduling? 

An option may be to print the future schedules to a PDF file,  then import the file to the Congregation, Information Board, Documents section.

I am perplexed by an issue we are having with the NW Publisher app side of the equation. The last few months we seem to be having 8-10 publishers turn in time thru the app. It shows as report sent on their app. But I never received or imported them. I have checked the app logs and there is no date sent from them. 

It looks as if it is usually a user with an older app version. Has anyone encountered this recurring issue?