JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone using JW Scheduler software?

On 5/12/2022 at 1:30 AM, dvdgarofalo said:

I'm just looking to see if there is a support forum somewhere. Former KHS user and the FSG reports were a little better in that. Just looking to see if I am just doing the report wrong. 

There is no forum except here on Jwtalk.

What is your problem? Maybe we can help.

• 3 weeks later...
One slight issue I'm facing maybe you all can help me with: We assigned a brother to handle the weekly maintenance checks at the Kingdom Hall when we were still not going to the hall. He was messing with scheduling it and tried using both the both the Cleaning and the Garden Care schedulers (I'm not certain why he used both). But now that we are back in person, that arrangement is no longer needed. He has since updated the cleaning schedule and it shows up correctly in the JWS Publisher app under duties. But I am still seeing a schedule for Garden Care in JWS Pub. When I go into the main JWS program, nothing is scheduled anymore (all fields are empty) but it is still showing it as a task in the app. Any idea how I can make the notifications in the app go away? Your help, as always, is appreciated.

I believe if you have nothing scheduled in Garden Care it won’t show on the App. Once you schedule it will then be on the App for all to see. Maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

According to https://jwscheduler.com/how-to/schedule/public-witnessing/, in late June 2022 JW Scheduler will be able to handle cart witnessing schedules. Woohoo!

"...will allow congregations to setup locations, carts and shifts in JW Scheduler, and then send these schedules to the NW Publisher app, where approved publishers can quickly and easily make reservations."

According to https://jwscheduler.com/how-to/schedule/public-witnessing/, in late June 2022 JW Scheduler will be able to handle cart witnessing schedules. Woohoo!

"...will allow congregations to setup locations, carts and shifts in JW Scheduler, and then send these schedules to the NW Publisher app, where approved publishers can quickly and easily make reservations."

Has anyone used the territory part of JWS yet? We currently use territory helper but would like to use JWS so we have everything on one app. If anyone has used it for territory, I’m wondering how you like it, and also if there is a way to import the territory maps from another program to this program so we don’t have to create all the maps over again.

This is nice! In our town we are co-operating with other congregations so we need a different solution so that all can access it.

If someones looking online solution for cart witnessing, this is a great option: calendar.jw-tools.net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do, or do not. There's no try.

JW Scheduler 6.3 (To be released within a few days)

NEW FEATURES

• Public Witnessing (Cart Scheduling). JW Scheduler can now schedule Public Witnessing, including Cart Locations and Shifts. After the initial schedule is setup, publishers can Reserve shifts via the NW Publisher app. Please see Schedule > Public Witnessing.

• Maintenance Tasks (LDC) Scheduling. LDC Maintenance Tasks can be added to JW Scheduler and then assigned to up to 4 brothers, groups or congregations. Tasks can be marked as Completed. These tasks will appear on NW Publisher under Duties. Please see Scheduling > Maintenance.

• Import EPUB Meeting Workbook. You can now import the EBPUB Meeting Workbook directly into JW Scheduler, if the meeting data is missing.

• Note: We will continue to automatically update the midweek meeting data every 2-4 weeks. If you do not want to wait, you can now import the EPUB yourself as soon as it is available.

• New "Change Meeting Day" Congregation Event. This can be used to change your midweek or weekend meeting day for one week only (e.g. another congregation has their CO Visit)

• Tips. When JW Scheduler is opened, helpful Tips can be optionally displayed to help you learn to use JW Scheduler's advanced features.

NEW REPORTS & TEMPLATES

• Congregation Field Service Totals. Similar to the Summary provided on the S-21 for Circuit Overseers.

• Public Witnessing Schedule

• Maintenance Calendar

• Maintenance Schedule Yearly

• Maintenance Schedule Monthly

• Maintenance Duties by Person

UPDATES

CONGREGATION SHARING

• Added "Shared Persons re-verify period" option. This lets Administrators choose how long before a Shared Person must re-verify their device (via an email code)
  • Congregation Sharing Passwords now must be a minimum of 10 characters.

CONGREGATION FIELD SERVICE REPORTS

• Missing Reports Only option has been moved to top Filter list

TERRITORIES

• Territories interface has been split into 3 sections: Information, Assignments and Map. The design is similar to Persons
  • Added Territory Type with Code. E.G. C - City. The Code will be prepended to the Territory Number, e.g. C-1, C-2, etc.
  • Territory Numbers should now be numeric only. An automatic conversion will be applied, but some numbers might need to be manually updated
  • Can now Import Territories from Territory Helper
  • Territories now contain 2 Custom Fields (default is Notes and Do Not Calls)
  • When publishers Check In or Complete a territory, they can send Notes from the NW Publisher app.
  • Added new Territory Filters: by Type, Overdue, Not Completed in 6 months, Not Completed in 12 months
  • Overdue and Assigned Territories are now highlighted
  • Territory Types and Areas are now edited directly from Territories
  • Territories User Access has been split into Territories and Territory Assignments

LITERATURE

• Literature Servant Role will now show outstanding requests on the Me view.

PERSONS

• Export to JW Scheduler file button added
  • Coordinates field for the publishers address added to Person Information, with a Locate button
  • 2 extra Custom Spiritual fields added to Person Spiritual
  • CLM Student moved to Assign tab
  • Assign tab design improved to better fit the extra duties, cleaning and maintenance options
  • Added button to "Link Emergency Contacts" if they were received from the NW Publisher app

LANGUAGE GROUPS

• Language Groups midweek meetings can now schedule their own unique Living 1 and Living 2 parts.

SCHEDULE - LIFE AND MINISTRY MEETING (CLM)

• Refresh buttons added to Living 1 and Living 2 parts, which will re-add the Meeting Workbook titles and timing for those parts.

SCHEDULE - PUBLIC TALKS

• Select Public Speaker screen minor design improvements
  • Public Talk Outline History now shows who was the last speaker to give that talk in your congregation
  • Last Public Speaker can be added to Enter Past History

SCHEDULE - FIELD SERVICE

• Field Service scheduler has been completely re-designed, and now allows multiple Field Service Meetings per time period.
  • "Group Field Service Meetings" have been moved to the Field Service Scheduler
  • Can now assign a Conductor for all Field Service Meetings, including Group Field Service Meetings
  • Multiple groups can be assigned to one Field Service Meeting (e.g. for combined field service meetings)

SCHEDULE – CLEANING

• Cleaning Schedule now shows any Congregation Events for the selected week
  • Cleaning can now Auto-Assign by person, group or neighbor congregation

SCHEDULE - GARDEN CARE

• Garden Care name can be customized with 2 new Custom "Garden Duties"
  • Garden Care can be scheduled Per Week or Per Month
  • Garden Care can be assigned to persons, groups or neighbor congregations, with up to 2 per "Garden duty".

EMAIL

• Email Tag for Kingdom Hall has been split into Kingdom Hall and Zoom tags, since Zoom details are not needed when emailing Public Talk reminders.

PRINTING

• Preview will now launch a PDF, not XPS. XPS viewer is no longer required to preview.

UPDATED REPORTS & TEMPLATES

• S-13 design improved and added Letter size
  • Territory Cards design improved, added QR Code and optional Notes and Do Not Calls
  • Assignments by Person renamed to Assignments and Duties by Person
  • Persons Spiritual Summary added recent Field Service Averages
  • Header will now show on each page of the following reports: CLM Assignments by Person, Public Talk Schedule Alternate, Public Talk History and Duties Schedule.

NW PUBLISHER APP (requires JWS Publisher app 2.3 or greater)

• User Access has been split into App & App Persons and Send App Data. This allows Ministerial Servants to still Send App Data without have access to App Persons.
  • Public Witnessing! (Cart schedule) Publishers can now view and reserve spots for Public Witnessing. Enable in App Features.
  • Field Service Activity - NW Publisher can now be used to record your field service activity during the month
  • Maintenance Tasks (LDC) now shown in Duties
  • Schedules screen design improved to fit more schedules on the screen, including Public Witnessing
  • Me screen button moved to bottom menu
  • Yellow 'Me' icon will show next to a schedule if you have a part, public witnessing reservation or CO visit activity
  • Added "Apply to whole family" option for Away Periods
  • Added option to Use Device PDF Viewer, instead of the in-built PDF viewer. Publishers should enable this if they have problems accessing PDFs on their phone, or if you want to use Editable PDFs.
  • New shortcut to your Field Service Activity on the top menu bar
  • Many other design and performance improvements, and bug fixes

NEW LANGUGES

• Cebuano
  • Chuukese Chuuk
  • GA
  • Hawai'i Pidgin
  • Kabuverdianu
  • Lingala
  • Nepali नेपाली
  • Persian Ùارسی
  • Punjabi ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Slovenian SlovenšÄina
  • Tongan Faka-Tonga
  • Uzbek ўзбекча
  • Wallisian Faka'uvea

NEW APP LANGUGES

• Afrikaans
  • Croatian hrvatski
  • Korean 한국어
  • Swahili Kiswahili

BUG FIXES

• Bug fixes are usually released in Build Updates. If you have a problem or bug, please click Me > Updates > Check for Updates
  • This release also fixed several bugs relating to NW Publisher app, Language Groups and more

5 hours ago, molnarj said:

JW Scheduler 6.3 (To be released within a few days)

NEW FEATURES

• Public Witnessing (Cart Scheduling). JW Scheduler can now schedule Public Witnessing, including Cart Locations and Shifts. After the initial schedule is setup, publishers can Reserve shifts via the NW Publisher app. Please see Schedule > Public Witnessing.

• Maintenance Tasks (LDC) Scheduling. LDC Maintenance Tasks can be added to JW Scheduler and then assigned to up to 4 brothers, groups or congregations. Tasks can be marked as Completed. These tasks will appear on NW Publisher under Duties. Please see Scheduling > Maintenance.

• Import EPUB Meeting Workbook. You can now import the EBPUB Meeting Workbook directly into JW Scheduler, if the meeting data is missing.

• Note: We will continue to automatically update the midweek meeting data every 2-4 weeks. If you do not want to wait, you can now import the EPUB yourself as soon as it is available.

• New "Change Meeting Day" Congregation Event. This can be used to change your midweek or weekend meeting day for one week only (e.g. another congregation has their CO Visit)

• Tips. When JW Scheduler is opened, helpful Tips can be optionally displayed to help you learn to use JW Scheduler's advanced features.

NEW REPORTS & TEMPLATES

• Congregation Field Service Totals. Similar to the Summary provided on the S-21 for Circuit Overseers.

• Public Witnessing Schedule

• Maintenance Calendar

• Maintenance Schedule Yearly

• Maintenance Schedule Monthly

• Maintenance Duties by Person

UPDATES

CONGREGATION SHARING

• Added "Shared Persons re-verify period" option. This lets Administrators choose how long before a Shared Person must re-verify their device (via an email code)
  • Congregation Sharing Passwords now must be a minimum of 10 characters.

CONGREGATION FIELD SERVICE REPORTS

• Missing Reports Only option has been moved to top Filter list

TERRITORIES

• Territories interface has been split into 3 sections: Information, Assignments and Map. The design is similar to Persons
  • Added Territory Type with Code. E.G. C - City. The Code will be prepended to the Territory Number, e.g. C-1, C-2, etc.
  • Territory Numbers should now be numeric only. An automatic conversion will be applied, but some numbers might need to be manually updated
  • Can now Import Territories from Territory Helper
  • Territories now contain 2 Custom Fields (default is Notes and Do Not Calls)
  • When publishers Check In or Complete a territory, they can send Notes from the NW Publisher app.
  • Added new Territory Filters: by Type, Overdue, Not Completed in 6 months, Not Completed in 12 months
  • Overdue and Assigned Territories are now highlighted
  • Territory Types and Areas are now edited directly from Territories
  • Territories User Access has been split into Territories and Territory Assignments

LITERATURE

• Literature Servant Role will now show outstanding requests on the Me view.

PERSONS

• Export to JW Scheduler file button added
  • Coordinates field for the publishers address added to Person Information, with a Locate button
  • 2 extra Custom Spiritual fields added to Person Spiritual
  • CLM Student moved to Assign tab
  • Assign tab design improved to better fit the extra duties, cleaning and maintenance options
  • Added button to "Link Emergency Contacts" if they were received from the NW Publisher app

LANGUAGE GROUPS

• Language Groups midweek meetings can now schedule their own unique Living 1 and Living 2 parts.

SCHEDULE - LIFE AND MINISTRY MEETING (CLM)

• Refresh buttons added to Living 1 and Living 2 parts, which will re-add the Meeting Workbook titles and timing for those parts.

SCHEDULE - PUBLIC TALKS

• Select Public Speaker screen minor design improvements
  • Public Talk Outline History now shows who was the last speaker to give that talk in your congregation
  • Last Public Speaker can be added to Enter Past History

SCHEDULE - FIELD SERVICE

• Field Service scheduler has been completely re-designed, and now allows multiple Field Service Meetings per time period.
  • "Group Field Service Meetings" have been moved to the Field Service Scheduler
  • Can now assign a Conductor for all Field Service Meetings, including Group Field Service Meetings
  • Multiple groups can be assigned to one Field Service Meeting (e.g. for combined field service meetings)

SCHEDULE – CLEANING

• Cleaning Schedule now shows any Congregation Events for the selected week
  • Cleaning can now Auto-Assign by person, group or neighbor congregation

SCHEDULE - GARDEN CARE

• Garden Care name can be customized with 2 new Custom "Garden Duties"
  • Garden Care can be scheduled Per Week or Per Month
  • Garden Care can be assigned to persons, groups or neighbor congregations, with up to 2 per "Garden duty".

EMAIL

• Email Tag for Kingdom Hall has been split into Kingdom Hall and Zoom tags, since Zoom details are not needed when emailing Public Talk reminders.

PRINTING

• Preview will now launch a PDF, not XPS. XPS viewer is no longer required to preview.

UPDATED REPORTS & TEMPLATES

• S-13 design improved and added Letter size
  • Territory Cards design improved, added QR Code and optional Notes and Do Not Calls
  • Assignments by Person renamed to Assignments and Duties by Person
  • Persons Spiritual Summary added recent Field Service Averages
  • Header will now show on each page of the following reports: CLM Assignments by Person, Public Talk Schedule Alternate, Public Talk History and Duties Schedule.

NW PUBLISHER APP (requires JWS Publisher app 2.3 or greater)

• User Access has been split into App & App Persons and Send App Data. This allows Ministerial Servants to still Send App Data without have access to App Persons.
  • Public Witnessing! (Cart schedule) Publishers can now view and reserve spots for Public Witnessing. Enable in App Features.
  • Field Service Activity - NW Publisher can now be used to record your field service activity during the month
  • Maintenance Tasks (LDC) now shown in Duties
  • Schedules screen design improved to fit more schedules on the screen, including Public Witnessing
  • Me screen button moved to bottom menu
  • Yellow 'Me' icon will show next to a schedule if you have a part, public witnessing reservation or CO visit activity
  • Added "Apply to whole family" option for Away Periods
  • Added option to Use Device PDF Viewer, instead of the in-built PDF viewer. Publishers should enable this if they have problems accessing PDFs on their phone, or if you want to use Editable PDFs.
  • New shortcut to your Field Service Activity on the top menu bar
  • Many other design and performance improvements, and bug fixes

NEW LANGUGES

• Cebuano
  • Chuukese Chuuk
  • GA
  • Hawai'i Pidgin
  • Kabuverdianu
  • Lingala
  • Nepali नेपाली
  • Persian Ùارسی
  • Punjabi ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Slovenian SlovenšÄina
  • Tongan Faka-Tonga
  • Uzbek ўзбекча
  • Wallisian Faka'uvea

NEW APP LANGUGES

• Afrikaans
  • Croatian hrvatski
  • Korean 한국어
  • Swahili Kiswahili

BUG FIXES

• Bug fixes are usually released in Build Updates. If you have a problem or bug, please click Me > Updates > Check for Updates
  • This release also fixed several bugs relating to NW Publisher app, Language Groups and more

Nice! Thanks!

The update for androids comes out with version 6.3

21 minutes ago, Aja said:

Can anyone help me better understand how to use these 2 options?

Screenshot 2022-06-26 111802.jpg

permissions to edit, view or not access.
the person app is for resetting user pins and resetting devices.
the send app data is to send the changes that are made to all registered devices.

45 minutes ago, Berchan said:

permissions to edit, view or not access.
the person app is for resetting user pins and resetting devices.
the send app data is to send the changes that are made to all registered devices.

So then, "App and App Persons" should reasonably only be edit-able by the administrators? and "Send App Data"  should only be edit-able for brothers making schedules that need to be pushed out to the friends? 

22 minutes ago, Aja said:

So then, "App and App Persons" should reasonably only be edit-able by the administrators? and "Send App Data"  should only be edit-able for brothers making schedules that need to be pushed out to the friends? 

I understand that it is, correct.. I am still learning the program like you, but it is not difficult to understand.

On 6/24/2022 at 2:11 PM, Berchan said:

Thanks!
I see on the page https://jwschedulerapp.com/
The new version for androids is available.. (Thanks)
in the playstore it has not been updated yet. .

Great! 

On 6/24/2022 at 2:11 PM, Berchan said:

Thanks!
I see on the page https://jwschedulerapp.com/
The new version for androids is available.. (Thanks)
in the playstore it has not been updated yet. .

Great! the update in playstore is ready available