JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone using JW Scheduler software?

5 hours ago, Jjwhittier said:

Does anyone know why when I go to the Me tab on JWS and select Field Service Group it doesn’t show my Service Group, it just says You have not yet been assigned to a Field Service Group?

I think your Secretary needs to give you access again, many reported similar problems after update. 

It's a glitch that is easily solved. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

5 hours ago, Jjwhittier said:

Does anyone know why when I go to the Me tab on JWS and select Field Service Group it doesn’t show my Service Group, it just says You have not yet been assigned to a Field Service Group?

If you have acces to the JWS Publisher app page in JWScheduler, untick the option Show Field Service Group. Send App Data to everyone. Then tick the option again and Send App Data oncemore to everyone. Then it is visible again.

18 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

I think your Secretary needs to give you access again, many reported similar problems after update. 

It's a glitch that is easily solved. 

Would this be the case even though I am the one who set it up and I am one of the administrators?

1 hour ago, Jjwhittier said:

Would this be the case even though I am the one who set it up and I am one of the administrators?

No. In that case you are able to do it. If you look under Me/Updates it says:

• To allow publishers to see their Field Service Group again on the JWS Publisher app, either enable the app feature Show Publishers Contact Information, or if you do not want to enable that feature, simply disable then re-enable the app feature Show Field Service Group.

You will find it under JWS Publisher app in the Program:

image.png.d4dbd5a7a1ae463183847a52376debdd.png

12 hours ago, molnarj said:

No. In that case you are able to do it. If you look under Me/Updates it says:

• To allow publishers to see their Field Service Group again on the JWS Publisher app, either enable the app feature Show Publishers Contact Information, or if you do not want to enable that feature, simply disable then re-enable the app feature Show Field Service Group.

You will find it under JWS Publisher app in the Program:

image.png.d4dbd5a7a1ae463183847a52376debdd.png

Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone used the territory part of JWS yet? We currently use territory helper but would like to use JWS so we have everything on one app. If anyone has used it for territory, I’m wondering how you like it, and also if there is a way to import the territory maps from another program to this program so we don’t have to create all the maps over again.

User coming from KHS. Like what I'm seeing so far. Wondering though if there is a way to filter your FS group by friends who have not had their report recorded yet. This was a feature I liked in KHS to let me know who I still needed to collect and record time for. Obviously, the more people we can get to self report through the app, the better. But at least while I'm in this awkward, between phase, it would make my task a lot easier.

On 2/9/2022 at 7:55 AM, Aja said:

User coming from KHS. Like what I'm seeing so far. Wondering though if there is a way to filter your FS group by friends who have not had their report recorded yet. This was a feature I liked in KHS to let me know who I still needed to collect and record time for. Obviously, the more people we can get to self report through the app, the better. But at least while I'm in this awkward, between phase, it would make my task a lot easier.

From the "Congregation" (home button) screen:

• Click "Congregation Field Service Report"
  • In the upper-right corner, click on the "Publishers" tab.
  • In the bottom-right corner, click on "Missing Reports Only".
  • At the top, you can use the "Group" dropdown to filter for a specific field service group.

The new "Me" section also shows missing reports for your group, and for the whole congregation (if you're the Secretary).

An extra/other option is to go to the Printing section and select Save, Print & Email Reports. Select Secretary on top and tick Missing Reports. Select the month and then email. A report is created with the missing reports only which you can send to the groupoverseers. There is an email template for this which you can adjust to your personal needs.

Edited by molnarj

9 hours ago, computerwiz said:

The new "Me" section also shows missing reports for your group, and for the whole congregation (if you're the Secretary).

Greetings.  How and where do you enable the options to show missing reports for your group and for the whole congregation as the Secretary?

2 minutes ago, luisenriquereyes said:

Greetings.  How and where do you enable the options to show missing reports for your group and for the whole congregation as the Secretary?

If you go to the Me section it shows in the middle as one of the things the Secretary is responsible for. 

image.png.ed44098a80a153a01773e23799150ca1.png

And a little lower:

image.png.fe68ca2e847c7a2e94326c50800fd8c8.png

Here you see we received them all. And they were submitted yesterday.

When not complete yet, it shows how much and the names.

7 hours ago, molnarj said:

If you go to the Me section it shows in the middle as one of the things the Secretary is responsible for. 

image.png.ed44098a80a153a01773e23799150ca1.png

And a little lower:

image.png.fe68ca2e847c7a2e94326c50800fd8c8.png

Here you see we received them all. And they were submitted yesterday.

When not complete yet, it shows how much and the names.

Yes I see and I knew this.  I was mistaken and I thought @computerwizmeant the "Me" section in the JWS Publisher App would also show missing reports for your group and for the whole congregation if one is the Secretary.  Maybe in a future update?  Hint, hint 😉

I am a bit confused now when entering our Meeting Attendance and showing the Meeting Dates.  The theocratic week is from Monday to Sunday.  But when displaying a month, for example December 2021, the last day of Week 5 for our Sunday meeting is January 2nd, 2022. The date does not appear but there is a box for it:

image.thumb.png.610d0603fa812117ebbb0ceed197807b.png

But when I switch to the next month for our Meeting Attendance, January 2022,  now I see a box for the date of January 2nd, 2022.    I think this box should read  January 9th, 2022?  Is this a bug?

image.thumb.png.1a9df4653b46af3497d1af0e419e0cb5.png

Note, our mid week meeting day is on Thursday.

Edited by luisenriquereyes

The Box is displayed because there can be 5 meetings in a month. But is doesn't mean you have to use it. Leave it empty for December and write it in January.

34 minutes ago, luisenriquereyes said:

I think this box should read  January 9th, 2022?

Not in this case. Sometimes the Midweek Meeting is first in the month. Sometimes the Weekend Meeting. In January it is the Weekend Meeting. So the date starts at the second row and then the first row. In February it is the other way round. It starts at the first row and then the second row.

Edited by molnarj

We have started to use the JWS software and found it to be really helpful. It allows all in the congregation to see the meeting details, ministry arrangements and upcoming events, all with associated ZOOM meeting ID's and passwords. Additionally, the ease with which assignments can be adjusted and notifications sent is helping all involved to be informed of duties and assignments. Great piece of software, which helps the smooth running of the congregation.

On 2/17/2022 at 5:48 AM, Sweetpea said:

We have started to use the JWS software and found it to be really helpful. It allows all in the congregation to see the meeting details, ministry arrangements and upcoming events, all with associated ZOOM meeting ID's and passwords. Additionally, the ease with which assignments can be adjusted and notifications sent is helping all involved to be informed of duties and assignments. Great piece of software, which helps the smooth running of the congregation.

I agree. We just started using JWS and really like it and couldn't say it better than Sweetpea. Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Brothers, my husband and I just moved to a congregation that uses this wonderful app! I downloaded it from the Play Store a week ago..My question is, the Field Service report month says January..The first report will be made at the end of March. How can I change the heading to a different month later?

Screenshot_2022-02-28-23-37-22-1-1.png

Edited by SUNRAY

add image

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

When you press image.png.92afddda6a13fe7085d5c63f3cb81f19.png you may be able to see your history of your fieldservice reports. Is it there? If not it may be that your congregation has disabled that option or your Secretary has not yet added your fieldservice record in the main program. In that case it is still waiting for the report for January. If he did it may be that he just need to Refresh Person in the Program. You can ask him.