JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone using JW Scheduler software?

You can adjust the Format a little bit.

Go to C:\Users\jgmol\AppData\Local\JW Scheduler\MyTemplates where jgmol will be your username.

There you will find the folders:

image.png.7ed8b92f3f486d43302c64be05b3c1a5.png

You will see that the folders are empty.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\JW Scheduler\Templates to see the Templates that JWScheduler is using.

Copy/Paste one of the Templates to your personal folder. Open it and try to adjust it. They say you have to try to keep it as close to the way it is as possible. You can rearrange the position for instance, but removing an entire line/row wil mess everything up. But in the lower part of the page there is more possible. Simply try and see what happens. Rename the Template similar to the original name. Standard2 or something like that. Then copy the new Template to the system folder. If you now try to print you will see the Template shows up. Print it as a document and open it and make some minor changes. Store it as a pdf if you like and mail it.

This is how our template looks like (in Dutch)

image.thumb.png.352d088e82b5542716b654f2cea79a7c.png

Something like this? Template Alternate Blue. If you save the Template in your personal folder, you can change the colour. Name it Alternate Brown and save it in the SystemFolder again. It shows up in the list of Templates. It may need some adjustments. You can download the Program and try it for yourself. If it fits your needs you can talk to the Elders.

image.thumb.png.e37376d4408408031c17982fbff11132.png

Edited by molnarj

Our congregation recently updated JW Scheduler and now we are having issues with inability to email. Anybody else having issues? The email I’m using tests just fine however when I try to send an email it opens my browser asks me to login to my gmail account and when I do it says that the app is blocked. Please help if possible. Thank you!!

14 hours ago, KRB said:

Our congregation recently updated JW Scheduler and now we are having issues with inability to email. Anybody else having issues? The email I’m using tests just fine however when I try to send an email it opens my browser asks me to login to my gmail account and when I do it says that the app is blocked. Please help if possible. Thank you!!

You probably need to enable using less secure apps.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 6:50 PM, Floyd said:

I can only go on what has been written to the rest of us. And I know that nobody would knowingly violate direction. Most brothers do not understand the technology like I do. Most brothers do not know to ask the questions I do. I do online storage for a living. I am not telling others not to use it. I am choosing not for the reasons that confidential information is stored online. If they tell us we can stored encrypted data online then I will be good with it.

By this line of reasoning no one should use WhatsApp because they store your confidential information online, including your contacts. So if you have an JWs in your contact list, you are storing their confidential info online. The same applies to using Google or Apple to store your contacts, or using an online backup service for your device. This would mean we would never share a publisher's contact info by any means other than the jw.org inbox - no SMS, no WhatsApp, no Telegram, etc. Voice calls are not even safe because that data is stored online as well. That data can of course be encrypted, but as you said the direction doesn't differentiate between encrypted data and unencrypted data.

Taking the concept of "online storage" even further, the data you send from your computer is technically stored online while in transit. Such "storage" is for mere milliseconds, but as you pointed out the instruction doesn't make a distinction about the length of time it's being stored. It's probably best to stop using the internet or our phones to transmit any confidential info.

My comments are of course absurd, but hopefully it makes the point that we all need to be balanced in our use of technology, and none of us want to filter out the flea and gulp down the camel.

Our congregation switched away from KHS due to the complete lack of tech support, the repeated crashes, the terrible UI/UX, and the massive hassle involved with trying to keep all of the brothers in sync with the data. We have been using JWS and we love it. It's by no means perfect, but it is such a breath of fresh air when compared to KHS.

• 2 weeks later...

Personal contact information is not even relevant to this topic.

I am talking of congregation information that is not generally available to others such as field service reports and emergency contacts and so forth. Phone numbers and addresses are public for the most part anyway otherwise we wouldn't be able to do telephone witnessing or letting writing. I have had zero problems with KHS and keeping it in sync with other brothers. You just have to know how to use it.

And I don't use WhatsApp either because its owned by Facebook who I will never trust. 

When I send confidential information I use jwpub which the organization has specifically said is acceptable.

8 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Our congregation is just testing JWS, so far, so good. 

lot of work was done recently, fixing tons of bugs.  It seems most brothers gave up on Public Speaker Sharing.  We didn't.  Hours and hours of troubleshooting and 2 months later, we helped JWS support enough to get it fully working.  Just make sure everyone in your congregation who uses the PC version is on 1147 or greater.  (tu)

• 2 weeks later...

Latest version update: JW Scheduler 5.2.0 BETA (Edition #1155) 

Import information: Please read carefully

This update contains nearly 100 new features, updates, and improvements, including several frequently requested features for the JWS Publisher app. We hope you find these updates helpful, and everyone enjoys using JW Scheduler and JWS Publisher app!

Please continue to tell others about JW Scheduler, so even more friends can benefit.

NEW FEATURES

• Territory Maps. You can now attach a Map to a Territory, which can be viewed on the Me page of the JWS Publisher app. See Help > Congregation > Territory Assignment Records.
  • Territory Assignments. Publishers can now see which Territories have been assigned to them from the Me page of JWS Publisher app, as well as Check In the territory directly from the app. See Help > JWS Publisher app > App Features.
  • Away Periods can now be viewed and edited on the Me page of the JWS Publisher app. See Help > JWS Publisher app > App Features.
  • - Field Service Group details can now be viewed on the Me page of the JWS Publisher app. See Help > JWS Publisher app > App Features.

- A new checkbox "Allow local elders to process your data" can be optionally added to the JWS Publisher app Submit Report screen. We recommend only using this feature if absolutely necessary.

- Help Icons have been added throughout the program to help users quickly access Help. Please click Help if you have any questions or problems.

- Congregation Sharing Delete Shared Member and Remotely Delete Data. When removing a Shared Member, you now have the option to also remotely wipe their JW Scheduler data and Automatic Backups.

- Cleaning Types. There are now 4 x Custom Cleaning Types which can each have a 'Description'. This can be printed on the schedule or shown on JWS Publisher app.

- Several New Email Templates, including Assignments Reminder, Duties Reminder, CLM Assignment Slips, etc. Press the Refresh button to download the new templates.

=== NEW REPORTS ===
- Circuit Overseer Report. After consultation with many different Circuit Overseers, we have developed this new report to provide Circuit Overseers with an Overview or Summary of your Congregation, including recent activity since their last visit and graphs of Field Service Activity.
- Territories Checked Out Report. This shows a list of all currently Checked-out territories sorted by Field Service Group.

UPDATES

CONGREGATION

• - Areas moved from Territory Assignment Records to Circuits, Locations and Areas
    - Public Speakers can now be Moved to another Congregation.
    - Neighbor Congregations & Public Speakers view can now edit your own Congregation Notes. These notes are sent to other congregations via Public Speaker Sharing (if enabled).

MEMBERS

• - Added 2nd Email Address field to Member > Information.
    - Added Date of Reinstatement field to Member > Spiritual.
    - Added 'Language Group' option to Member > Assign. This filters Life and Ministry assignments for Language Group parts.
    - Added 'Active Brothers' Filter to Members list.
    - Added Lock button to 1st Email Address if the member is a Shared Member.
    - Adding a new Away Period will show a warning if the member is already scheduled for an Assignment or Duty during that time.
    - Marking a member as Moved will remove all future Assignments and Duties. Reminder: 'Moved' should only be used if the member will return within 6 months. Otherwise simply Delete the member.
  •  
  • SCHEDULING
  • - Public Talks Local can now Swap a Public Speaker with another week.
    - Schedule Field Service can now include a Territory which will display on the JWS Publisher app and the schedule.
    - Schedule Life and Ministry Meeting Auto-Assign now has an 'All COBE Parts' and 'All LMMO Parts' checkbox.
    - 'Foreign Language Group' renamed 'Language Group'.
    - Language Group can now be scheduled for ALL midweek parts, including Chairman and Prayers. 
    - Language Group Assignments are now added to JWS Publisher app Schedules

CONGREGATION SHARING

• - Open Congregation from Sharing interface improved to make it easier and more user-friendly.
    - Shared member list now highlights yourself

PUBLIC SPEAKER SHARING

• - Updates and Fixes. If you haven’t yet tried Public Speaker Sharing, now is a good time.

JWS PUBLISHER APP

• - App Features moved to a button
    - Weekly Duties will now be sent twice, once for each Meeting
    - Field Service History now includes last years Totals and Averages.
    - Public Talk Details, Zoom Details and other text can now be Copied
    - Time Format will now match your language.
    - Many Design improvements, especially for smaller phones.

PRINTING & REPORTS

• - Graphs have been added to Congregation Field Service Summary, S-21 Publisher Record, Meeting Attendance Records and Territory Coverage reports.
    - Publisher Field Service Summary Averages are now shown per-publisher.

EMAIL

• - Setting up your Email to use a GMAIL account now uses Google Authentication. This makes it much easier to setup, and you no longer need to 'Allow Insecure Apps' or provide SMTP server details. See Help > Printing & Emailing > Email with JW Scheduler > Setup Email
    - Several Email Tags have been renamed or replaced, e.g. [MIDWEEK_ASSIGNMENT_DETAILS] has been split into 4 separate tags: [ASSIGNMENTS_THIS_WEEK], [ASSIGNMENTS_NEXT_WEEK], [DUTIES_THIS_WEEK], [DUTIES_NEXT_WEEK]
    - Email Filters added or changed: Regular Pioneers, All Pioneers, Family Heads, Everyone with Assignments - This Week and Next Week, Everyone with Duties - This Week and Next Week.
    - Refresh Email Templates moved from Settings to an icon button in Email View

OTHER

• - Help, Print, Edit and Unlock icon buttons have been added throughout the program to make JW Scheduler even easier to use.
    - Many design improvements, including Schedule view, Schedule CLM view, Congregation Field Service Report view, App Send Data view, Schedule Field Service view, Help view and many more.
    - New sub-menu and top-menus design, e.g. Members view.
    - Keyboard shortcuts. ESCAPE key will now CLOSE any popup window. ENTER key works on Connect, Verify, Identify, Create Password etc.
    - If JW Scheduler was Full-Screen on close, will re-open to Full-Screen.
    - Watermark text will now display in the Program Language
    - Custom Fields will now change to the Congregation Language if the Congregation Language is changed.
    - Added extra Date Formats and Short Date Formats to Settings.
    - Enter Password Protect view now masks Passwords.
    - List of Translation File Updates is now provided with each new release to help translations know what has changed. Please see Help > Translation Help > List of Translation File Updates

INSTALLING and UNINSTALLING

• - Uninstall also give option Remove All Data files
    - JW Scheduler Installer now includes the JW Scheduler logo

=== NEW LANGUAGES ===
- Chichewa
- Kabuverdianu
- Krio
- Tuvaluan Tuvalu

New JWS Publisher app Languages:
- Chinese Mandarin (Traditional)
- Hungarian magyar

JW Scheduler is now available in 71 languages!

=== BUG FIXES ===
- Bug fixes are released in Build Updates. If you have a problem or bug, please click Settings > Check for Updates.

Great! When will the new public version be available?

On 21/10/2021 at 15:08, luisenriquereyes said:

Ultimo aggiornamento della versione: JW Scheduler 5.2.0 BETA (edizione #1155) 

Informazioni sull'importazione: leggere attentamente

Questo aggiornamento contiene quasi 100 nuove funzionalità, aggiornamenti e miglioramenti, incluse diverse funzionalità richieste di frequenti per l'app JWS Publisher. Ci bene che questi aggiornamenti siano utili e che a tutti piaccia usare JW Scheduler e l'app JWS Publisher!

Continua a raccontare agli altri di JW Scheduler, in modo che anche più amici possano trarne vantaggio.

NUOVE CARATTERISTICHE

• Mappa del territorio. Ora puoi allegare un territorio, che può essere una mappa nella pagina Me dell'app JWS Publisher. Vedere Aiuto > Congregazione > Registri di assegnazione del territorio. 
  • Assegnazioni di territorio. Gli editori possono ora vedere quali Territori sono stati loro assegnati dalla pagina Me dell'app JWS Publisher, nonché Check In nel territorio direttamente dall'app. Vedere Guida > App JWS Publisher > Funzionalità dell'app. 
  • I periodi di assenza possono ora essere visualizzati e modificati nella pagina Io dell'app JWS Publisher. Vedere Guida > App JWS Publisher > Funzionalità dell'app. 
  • - I dettagli del gruppo Field Service ora possono essere visualizzati nella pagina Me dell'app JWS Publisher. Vedere Guida > App JWS Publisher > Funzionalità dell'app.

- Una nuova casella di controllo "Consenti agli anziani locali di elaborare i tuoi dati" può essere facoltativamente aggiunta alla schermata Invia rapporto dell'app JWS Publisher. Si consiglia di utilizzare questa funzione solo se assolutamente necessario.

- Le icone di aiuto sono state aggiunte in tutto il programma per aiutare gli utenti ad accedere rapidamente alla guida. Fare clic su Aiuto in caso di domande o problemi.

- Condivisione congregazione Elimina membro condiviso ed elimina dati in remoto. Quando rimuovi un membro condiviso, ora hai la possibilità di cancellare anche in remoto i dati di JW Scheduler ei backup automatici.

- Tipi di pulizia. Ora ci sono 4 tipi di pulizia personalizzati che possono avere ciascuno una "Descrizione". Questo può essere stampato sul programma o mostrato sull'app JWS Publisher.

- Diversi nuovi modelli di posta elettronica, inclusi promemoria incarichi, promemoria compiti, distinti di incarichi CLM, ecc. Premi il pulsante Aggiorna per scaricare i nuovi modelli.

=== NUOVI RAPPORTI ===
- Rapporto del sorvegliante di circoscrizione. Dopo aver consultato molti diversi sorveglianti di circoscrizione, abbiamo sviluppato questo nuovo rapporto per fornire ai sorveglianti di circoscrizione una panoramica o un riepilogo della vostra congregazione, comprese le attività recenti dalla loro ultima visita ei grafici dell'attività di servizio di campo.
- Denuncia sui territori estratti. Questo mostra un elenco di tutti i territori attualmente ritirati ordinati per Field Service Group.

AGGIORNAMENTI

CONGREGAZIONE

• - Vengono spostate dai registri di destinazione del territorio a circuiti, luoghi e aree
    - Ora gli oratori pubblici possono essere spostati in un'altra congregazione.
    - La vista Congregazioni vicine e oratori pubblici ora può modificare le note della congregazione. Queste note vengono inviate ad altre congregazioni tramite Public Speaker Sharing (se abilitato).

MEMBRI

• - Aggiunto il campo del 2° indirizzo e-mail a Membro > Informazioni.
    - Aggiunto il campo Data di reintegrazione a Membro > Spirituale.
    - Aggiunta l'opzione "Gruppo linguistico" a Membro > Assegna. Questo filtra gli incarichi di vita e ministero per le parti del gruppo linguistico.
    - Aggiunto il filtro "Fratelli attivi" all'elenco dei membri.
    - Aggiunto il pulsante bloccato al primo indirizzo e-mail se il membro è un membro condiviso.
    - L'aggiunta di un nuovo avviso periodo di assenza mostrerà un incarico se il membro è già programmato per un incarico o un dovere durante quel periodo.
    - Contrassegnare un membro come Spostato rimuoverà tutti i futuri incarichi e doveri.Promemoria: "Spostato" deve essere utilizzato solo se il membro tornerà entro 6 mesi. Altrimenti elimina semplicemente il membro.
  •  
  • PIANIFICAZIONE
  • - Public Talks Local ora può scambiare un oratore pubblico con un'altra settimana.
    - La pianificazione Field Service ora può includere un territorio che verrà visualizzato nell'app JWS Publisher e nella pianificazione.
    - L'assegnazione automatica della riunione di vita e ministero ora ha una casella di controllo "Tutte le parti COBE " e "Tutte le parti LMMO".
    - "Gruppo di lingue straniere" è stato rinominato "Gruppo di lingue".
    - Ora è possibile programmare il gruppo linguistico per TUTTE le parti infrasettimanali, inclusi il presidente e le preghiere. 
    - Le assegnazioni dei gruppi linguistici ora sono state aggiunte alle pianificazioni dell'

CONDIVISIONE DELLA CONGREGAZIONE

• - L'interfaccia di Open Congregation da Sharing è stata semplificata per renderla più e intuitiva.
    - L'elenco dei membri condivisi ora mette in evidenza te stesso

CONDIVISIONE DELL'ALTOPARLANTE IN PUBBLICO

• - Aggiornamenti e correzioni. Se non hai ancora provato la condivisione con gli oratori pubblici, ora è un buon momento.

APP EDITORE JWS

• - Funzionalità dell'app spostate su un pulsante
    - I compiti settimanali verranno ora invitati a due volte, una volta per ogni riunione
    - La cronologia dell'assistenza sul campo ora include i totali e le medie degli ultimi anni.
    - I dettagli del discorso pubblico, i dettagli dello zoom e altro testo ora possono essere copiati
    - Il formato dell'ora ora corrisponderà alla tua lingua.
    - Molti miglioramenti del design, in particolare per i telefoni più piccoli.

STAMPA E RAPPORTI

• - Sono stati aggiunti grafici al riepilogo del servizio di campo della congregazione, al registro degli editori S-21, ai registri delle presenze alle riunioni e ai rapporti sulla copertura del territorio.
    - Le medie di riepilogo del servizio sul campo del publisher ora vengono mostrate per publisher.

• - La configurazione della tua email per utilizzare un account GMAIL ora utilizza l'autenticazione di Google. Ciò semplificare notevolmente la configurazione e non è più necessario "Consentire app non sicure" o fornire i dettagli del server SMTP. Guida > Stampa e invio di email > Email con JW Scheduler > Imposta email
    - Diversi tag email sono stati rinominati o sostituiti, ad esempio [MIDWEEK_ASSIGNMENT_DETAILS] è stato diviso in 4 tag separati: [ASSIGNMENTS_THIS_WEEK], [ASSIGNMENTS_NEXT_WEEK], [DUTIES_THIS_WUTEE , [DUTIES_THIS_WEEEK_NEXT], ]
    - Filtri e-mail aggiunti o modifiche: Pionieri regolari, Tutti i pionieri, Capifamiglia, Tutti con incarichi - Questa settimana e la prossima settimana, Tutti con incarichi - Questa settimana e la prossima settimana.
    - Aggiorna modelli e-mail spostati da Impostazioni a un pulsante icona in Visualizzazione e-mail

ALTRO

• - I pulsanti icona Aiuto, Stampa, Modifica e Sblocca sono stati aggiunti in tutto il programma per rendere JW Scheduler ancora più facile da usare.
    - Molti miglioramenti del design, tra cui la visualizzazione Pianifica, Pianifica CLM, Congregation Field Service Report, App Send Data, Pianifica Field Service, Guida e molti altri.
    - Nuovo design dei sottomenu e dei menu principali, ad es. Vista membri.
    - Gusto rapido. Il tasto ESCAPE ora CHIUDE qualsiasi finestra popup. Il tasto INVIO funziona su Connetti, Verifica, Identifica, Crea password ecc.
    - Se JW Scheduler era a schermo intero alla chiusura, si riaprirà a schermo intero.
    - Il testo della filigrana ora verrà visualizzato nella lingua del programma
    - I campi personalizzati ora cambieranno nella lingua della congregazione se la lingua della congregazione viene modificata.
    - Aggiunti formati data extra e formati data brevi alle impostazioni.
    - Entra nella vista Proteggi password ora maschera le password.
    - L'elenco degli aggiornamenti dei file di traduzione è ora fornito con ogni nuova versione per aiutare le traduzioni a sapere cosa è cambiato. Consultare Aiuto > Aiuto alla traduzione > Elenco degli aggiornamenti dei file di traduzione

INSTALLAZIONE e DISINSTALLAZIONE

• - La disinstallazione fornisce anche l'opzione Rimuovi tutti i file di dati
    - Il programma di installazione di JW Scheduler ora include il logo di JW Scheduler

=== NUOVE LINGUE ===
- Chichewa
- Kabuverdianu
- Krio
- Tuvaluan Tuvalu

Nuova app JWS Editore Lingue:
- Cinese mandarino (tradizionale)
- Ungherese magyar

JW Scheduler è ora disponibile in 71 lingue!

=== CORREZIONI DI BUG ===
- Le correzioni di bug vengono rilasciate negli aggiornamenti della build. In caso di problemi o bug, fare clic su Impostazioni > Verifica aggiornamenti.

16 hours ago, molnarj said:

The website says: mostly within 5-7 days after the BETA release. That should be any day now. There is also a new app version released: 1.3.7 Still waiting for the Android version.

Have been clicking the update button 10 times a day :D
Can't wait for the new features!

Do, or do not. There's no try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...