JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone using JW Scheduler software?

Hello i am new here. My name is Mark from Va. Quick question to put out to anyone. Does anyone use it extensively and can trouble shoot issues? Please let me know.

This is just my opinion but it is a better program for schedules. The phone app makes it even better.

1 hour ago, Mark Trapp said:

Hello i am new here. My name is Mark from Va. Quick question to put out to anyone. Does anyone use it extensively and can trouble shoot issues? Please let me know.

This is just my opinion but it is a better program for schedules. The phone app makes it even better.

Go back one page to see post #131..It seems that brother is able to answer questions..

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

1 hour ago, Mark Trapp said:

Our congregation uses it extensively. I can also try to help 👍🏼

2 hours ago, Mark Trapp said:

Welcome to the Forum.

I can try to help. There is also a lot of info on the help & support pages on the website from jwscheduler. If the answer is not there you can send an email and mostly they reply quickly. A new update sometimes causes issues but they are very quick in solving the problem. You will like the program!

17 minutes ago, luisenriquereyes said:

Is there an option to add a program for the Memorial?

It would be nice to program the Speaker, Chairman, Bread Prayer,  Wine Prayer  but  I don't see a way to do it 🤔

You could do it in Congregation Events. There already is an option Memorial, but you can not chose a specific group to send the information to. You could create an 'Other' type of Event. Something like this:

image.png.814f6060f1b74c926d78b557b0ffa38f.png

If you want to send it to, let's say only those who have a share in the program, you can create a group in Groups and Families and chose that group in here. 

It is not possible to send an attachment in here. But you could write the program in the Description field.

Edited by molnarj

When I first setup the program I was able to import from KHS with minimal difficulty. I now have the first family moving into our Congregation since setting it up. Is it safe to assume that if someone sent a KHS publisher exchange file, it would be able to import that too?

On 3/29/2022 at 8:48 AM, molnarj said:

And a new app version is available: 2.0.4

I would like to ask..How does a husband and wife who only have 1 phone and 1 JWP app send in 2 field service reports?:D

cat2_e0.gif

32 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

I would like to ask..How does a husband and wife who only have 1 phone and 1 JWP app send in 2 field service reports?:D

The JWS administrator for your congregation will need to "delegate" your wife to you.  So you can turn in both of y'alls reports.

10 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

The JWS administrator for your congregation will need to "delegate" your wife to you.  So you can turn in both of y'alls reports.

I am the wife😁The brother already said he can handle it..but he is very busy now with AV equipt. at the KH, so I thought I would ask here: How do I turn in 2 reports with 1 app? I was thinking maybe putting one report under notes..or..can I tap the app once and make my report and tap again to make his report? My husband is 83 and has eyesight issues so I have to do this.

cat2_e0.gif

1 minute ago, SUNRAY said:

I am the wife😁The brother already said he can handle it..but he is very busy now with AV equipt. at the KH, so I thought I would ask here: How do I turn in 2 reports with 1 app? I was thinking maybe putting one report under notes..or..can I tap the app once and make my report and tap again to make his report? My husband is 83 and has eyesight issues so I have to do this.

Oh, my bad.  I didn't even look to see.  :sweat:

It is best to wait for him to do the delegate your husband to you.  If you use the notes, it just makes more work for the secretary (speaking as a secretary myself).  Once delegated, you should see 2 buttons for submitting field service (unless they changed how it looks).  One button for you, one for your husband.

It literally takes a minute or two to make the change.  It's not a big deal.  Just catch him when he's not busy at the Hall.  >:D<

22 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

Oh, my bad.  I didn't even look to see.  :sweat:

It is best to wait for him to do the delegate your husband to you.  If you use the notes, it just makes more work for the secretary (speaking as a secretary myself).  Once delegated, you should see 2 buttons for submitting field service (unless they changed how it looks).  One button for you, one for your husband.

It literally takes a minute or two to make the change.  It's not a big deal.  Just catch him when he's not busy at the Hall.  >:D<

Thank you! He already told me I can submit both reports..so now I understand..thank you for taking the time to answer!!:lol:

cat2_e0.gif

7 hours ago, computerwiz said:

takes a minute or two to make the change

The brother told me he delegated my husband to me when we first transferred to this cong. about a month ago. We turned in our time to our former cong., so this is the first time here. He said the 2nd button should show up sometime..just a glitch that we only have one button. Had to update the app again today.🙂

cat2_e0.gif

We have the CA   this weekend. ON JWS app the schedule shows the assembly and the WT but does not list a time for the WT :eek: 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

7 hours ago, luisenriquereyes said:

Does anyone know of a way to modify the Titles of the Outlines?   In Spanish,  there are a few that are incorrect.

image.thumb.png.807b4ef3f8176afc7cbfdd1bf7955db2.png

Go in your computer to the folder where the Data is stored for the translations. I think in Spanish it is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\JW Scheduler\ProgramData\S

Make a copy of the folder. I have a seperate Data disk but it could be in your Documents folder or elsewhere.

Open the folder from there and you will see Outlines.xml. Open it and adjust the Titles according to the new adjustments. Save it and then copy the file to the original location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\JW Scheduler\ProgramData\S

Start JWS and you will see the new Titles are there.

Next what you need to do is send the adjusted xml file to support@jwscheduler.com. In the next update they will adjust the xml file and then it is available for all Spanish speeking congregations in the world.  

Secretary here. Just a heads up: I lost several field service activity reports that were sent via the JWS publisher app (including my own) for last month. I see there is another update to build #1197. Not sure if that addresses any of these issues but we'll see. Features are nice but hopefully the devs can focus on making things a bit more stable. I love the program at it's best but it has lost data for publishers now a couple of times and it's shaking my confidence a bit😓

Secretary here. Just a heads up: I lost several field service activity reports that were sent via the JWS publisher app (including my own) for last month. I see there is another update to build #1197. Not sure if that addresses any of these issues but we'll see. Features are nice but hopefully the devs can focus on making things a bit more stable. I love the program at it's best but it has lost data for publishers now a couple of times and it's shaking my confidence a bit

I love the program but I have the same problem. Some reports were empty and we lost some data too

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9S mediante Tapatalk

According to the latest update information they added the ability to "resend" service reports

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

6 hours ago, Aja said:

Secretary here. Just a heads up: I lost several field service activity reports that were sent via the JWS publisher app (including my own) for last month. I see there is another update to build #1197. Not sure if that addresses any of these issues but we'll see. Features are nice but hopefully the devs can focus on making things a bit more stable. I love the program at it's best but it has lost data for publishers now a couple of times and it's shaking my confidence a bit😓

With such a complex program, it is absolutely essential to stay up to date, almost as fast as they put out their updates.  Older versions can quickly get left behind, and beta testing & debugging will only catch so much.

If you're already keeping up to date very quickly, then you must have some unique set of circumstances that caused this to happen.  I'm on the latest and greatest, and have no issues.  However, things like this can still pop up for me when other members of the congregation (who use the PC version) haven't been keeping up with me.  So it's very important to communicate well and try to keep all the PC users on the same page.

Last but not least, make backups very often.  Until they finally settle down and stop releasing so many awesome new features, there's lots of room for stuff like this to happen.  Thankfully, they have a very robust backup system (one that also operates automatically, even if you forget).  You can easily go back to a backup from a date that you know things were good, and restore just the part that is broken.  Very nice!  Just make sure to take a backup before you try a restore.  Just in case you end up making things worse....  :sweat:

I definitely keep up with all the updates (I'm kind of obsessive about updates). I'm not on the beta channel. It's running on a brand new Windows 11 PC that I keep updated. I do make backups to an SD card frequently but with so much churn with it being the beginning of the month, I wasn't sure if I'd made a backup after that first batch of imports of reported time. And the weird part was that it was only some friends  reports that were affected. Hopefully everything is sorted out now. Mainly I just wanted to post a little PSA and make sure everyone else was aware there were some issues and that there was an update. Hopefully it helped.

9 hours ago, Aja said:

I don't know if it makes any difference but for that reason I import the data one by one. And make sure nobody's working in the program at the same time. If you are importing data and someone else is also working in the program and he is closing the program later then you, his timestamp is the latest and will be used for synchronisation but it doesn't contain your latest imported reports. 

9 hours ago, molnarj said:

I don't know if it makes any difference but for that reason I import the data one by one. And make sure nobody's working in the program at the same time. If you are importing data and someone else is also working in the program and he is closing the program later then you, his timestamp is the latest and will be used for synchronisation but it doesn't contain your latest imported reports. 

Does that hold true for those that only have "read-only" access?  Because to me, if you can't modify anything, the timestamp shouldn't update...  But I didn't make the program, so I don't know.