JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone using JW Scheduler software?

Hi!

Does anyone know how to add Circuit Overseer visit Weekend meetings Service Talk in to the schedule in JW Scheduler?. In the help it's said that that should be added in Public Talks but there's already the Public talk of the CO there. So, how to add another talk for the same date??

Do, or do not. There's no try.

You find that option in the Schedule Public Talk option:

image.thumb.png.97146a595c2a817d03525b29ab97f7a4.png

Under Final Talk you can add the service talk.

Thanks! Got it. That was not visible in my app. Found out that my ending day for CO visit was wrong, in history…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do, or do not. There's no try.

• 5 weeks later...

I am new to JW Scheduler (from KHS).  KHS has a simple 'click' to email a reminder to the upcoming Public Talk Speaker.  I have spent a few hours on JWS testing the reminders and modifying the templates and cannot find a easy way to just remind the speakers.   For years I have dones this every Sunday and it has worked very well.  Can this JWS program autofill the speaker, date, talk information to email?

Yes it can. It is late now in Holland so I can not go into full detail but we use this. Make sure you add the Tags in the email and then you can test it. Is the Name and email of the speaker added in the Neighbor Congregations & Public Speakers section? The email you can find under Printing/Email. Simply write an email you want to use as a reminder with the right Tags and save it as New Template. 

image.thumb.png.1abb47669138a197d3d526f384f52ebf.png

If you click on 'To', you will get the box below. Select Upcoming Public Speakers in the drop down list under Filter. Select the upcoming speaker you wish to send the email to and click Add. Close the Box. The Name appears under 'To'. Send the email.

image.png.61e89a96c4040c50e6c879e58540f40f.png

Hope this helps.

Hello. Our congregation just started JW Scheduler.  One issue I have with this (please help me find a solution) is to have the congregation field service report synchronized on the desktop computer as well as my laptop. After I have saved all entries on one device, it does not reflect the update when I later log into my other (e.g. If I save a report stating 39 publishers have reported thus far, the next time I log in my other device, a few hours later, it shows only 15 publisher reporting.  Missing more than half of publisher who have reported).  Please relieve my headache on this issue.  Thanks. 

You should be able but it depends on what you are using. Are you using Congregation Sharing? I believe it is no longer possible to use 2 devices with the same account. If you are not using Congregation sharing you should be able to syncronize using back-ups. 

Useful info you can find here: JW Scheduler - Changing Computers or Multiple Computers

Hope this helps.

I use multiple computers with the same account and have not had issues.

Can you check your Congregation Sharing and at the very bottom, ensure you have both computers connected to the same location (like "North America Central").  It is easy to miss fixing the location when connecting a new computer.

On 1/4/2021 at 7:51 PM, Jf800 said:

I started using a few weeks ago. The brothers are happy, because the application is very easy to use. I am the secretary and now there is much less work.

I am really trying my best to give JW Scheduler a chance with respect to the field service reporting. Forgive me, but it's not as  intuitive as Hourglass-App.  The amount of publishers reporting appears different when I log in JWS on a different device.  Quite confused.

By the way, the rest of the features are really good.

1 hour ago, VictorM said:

I am really trying my best to give JW Scheduler a chance with respect to the field service reporting. Forgive me, but it's not as  intuitive as Hourglass-App.  The amount of publishers reporting appears different when I log in JWS on a different device.  Quite confused.

By the way, the rest of the features are really good.

Field Service Data

There are multiple ways to do this, depending on your preference:

1. Using JW Scheduler, the congregation Secretary can enter all members field service reports.
  2. Using JW Scheduler and after enabling Congregation Sharing, each Group Overseer can enter each group members field service report.
  3. Using JWS Publisher App, each member can submit their own field service report. The Congregation Secretary or Group Overseer can then “import” this into JW Scheduler.
  4. Using JWS Publisher App, a Group Overseer can be set as a Delegate for another member, and then submit field service reports for these publishers.

On 1/1/2022 at 2:03 PM, molnarj said:

Yes it can. It is late now in Holland so I can not go into full detail but we use this. Make sure you add the Tags in the email and then you can test it. Is the Name and email of the speaker added in the Neighbor Congregations & Public Speakers section? The email you can find under Printing/Email. Simply write an email you want to use as a reminder with the right Tags and save it as New Template. 

image.thumb.png.1abb47669138a197d3d526f384f52ebf.png

If you click on 'To', you will get the box below. Select Upcoming Public Speakers in the drop down list under Filter. Select the upcoming speaker you wish to send the email to and click Add. Close the Box. The Name appears under 'To'. Send the email.

image.png.61e89a96c4040c50e6c879e58540f40f.png

Hope this helps.

Thank you!.  The only issue remaining is that I cannot seem to find a way to add a tag to pull in the speakers talk title and the date of his talk.  It seems like the reminder should have these key details.  

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since JWS had a new "build" update.  For a while, it seemed it was daily we were getting updates.  Lots of bug fixes.  And now....it's probably been 3 weeks since the last update.

I've sent 2 emails to support about an idea & a bug fix, but I have not heard back from them in over a week.  Starting to worry something may have happened....  But hopefully they're just on a nice, long, well-deserved vacation!  That was some serious bug squashing they were doing!

Anyone had any contact with their support?  Just wanna make sure they're alright.  But I also don't want to bug them, considering I probably sent them a total of 35-40 emails on bugs to fix over the past few months. :sweat:

Latest Beta Version Updates & Notes

JW Scheduler 5.8

Release Information

We are very excited to release JW Scheduler 6, our biggest release ever! This release focuses on making JW Scheduler even easier to use and making the more advanced features even more accessible.

To that end, we are pleased to announce the Me view, which contains My Tasks, My Congregation Responsibilities and Quick Steps. The UI was also updated and improved to give nearly 20% more screen space. Enjoy!

Release Notes

NEW FEATURES

• ME view. Provides an overview of JW Scheduler customized just for you! Contains My Tasks, My Congregation Responsibilities and Quick Steps. Registration, Settings and Updates are now placed under Me.

• Tasks. JW Scheduler will automatically generate My Tasks just for you (e.g. Accounts Audit, Arrange Service Overseer visit, Check RP hours, etc). You can also create Custom Tasks that can be assigned to yourself or others. Tasks have a Due Date and will show a warning when they are overdue.

• My Congregation Responsibilities. Based on your Congregation Responsibilities, JW Scheduler will show anything outstanding that you need to do (e.g. schedule Life and Ministry Meeting, follow up missing reports, enter missing Publisher contact information, etc).

• Quick Steps. Customized just for you, Quick Steps allow you to quickly and easily perform common and powerful steps in JW Scheduler (e.g. Send Public Talk Reminder, Send Life & Ministry Meeting Assignment Reminders, Send Missing Reports List to Group Overseers)

• Schedule Public Talks Combined View. In addition to selecting Local and Away Public Talks, you can now see these together on one combined Public Talks View.

• Show Publisher Contact Information on JWS Publisher app. Elders can now enable an App Feature to view Publishers Contact and Emergency Contact Information on the JWS Publisher app. This will display under Me > Field Service Group.

NEW USER INTERFACE DESIGN

• User Interface (UI) re-design. Almost every View has been updated and refreshed, including a new Sidebar and Topbar which gives nearly 20% more screen space. All fonts, sizes and colours are now consistent throughout.
  • Theme Colors. You can now select a JW Scheduler Theme. See Me > Settings.
  • Many Shortcuts have been added throughout the program (e.g. Schedule Local Public Talks can now navigate to Public Speakers with 1-click!).
  • Tool Tips have been added to most icons and unlabelled buttons. Hover your mouse-over to see.
  • Initial View can now be set in Me > Settings.

NEW REPORTS & TEMPLATES

• Congregation Responsibilities by Person. Shows which Congregation Responsibilities each person performs.

• Landscape Life and Ministry Meeting Schedule with space for three schools.

• Territory Cards. Territory Cards can now be printed from JW Scheduler.

• Public Speakers Exchange Summary. Shows all upcoming Local Public Talks and Away Public Talks made with a specific congregation.

• Email Templates. Dozens of new and updated Email Templates that work with Quick Steps. These have also been translated into most languages.

UPDATES

CONGREGATION

• Changing This Year meeting days and times will also update Next Year.
  • Meeting Time changes will now update App data.

CONGREGATION EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS

• Congregation Events and Congregation Announcements views have been separated.
  • Congregation Events can now be assigned to Field Service Groups (e.g. Service Overseer visit).
  • Congregation Announcements now include a Display After date, allow you to prepare announcements in advance, but only display after a certain date.

PUBLIC SPEAKERS

• Public Speakers can now be moved to another congregation.

MEETING ATTENDANCE

• Meeting Attendance now shows the dates of the meetings.
  • Meeting Attendance will now show BLANK rather than 0 if data has not been entered.

CONGREGATION RESPONSIBILTIES

• Congregation Responsibilities view UI completely re-designed.
  • Added 2nd Assistant for all responsibilities.
  • Added 3 Custom Responsibilities.
  • Renamed some responsibilities to better match od and sfl.

TERRITORIES

• Territories can now include a Link
  • Territory Assignments can now indicate if a Territory was completed during a Campaign.
  • New “No Campaign” Territory Filter.
  • Can now Import and Export Territories and Territory Assignments to CSV.
  • Added “Lock” button for Territories to prevent accidental editing or deleting.
  • Territories UI improved to create a better workflow.

MEMBERS (now PERSONS)

• Members has been renamed to Persons throughout JW Scheduler. This better reflects the language used on jw.org
  • New Persons Filter: Appointed Brothers
  • Inactive and Disfellowshipped persons are now highlighted in grey and moved to the bottom.
  • First Report renamed to Date first started preaching.

SCHEDULE – LIFE AND MINISTRY MEETING

• Life and Ministry Meeting schedule can now be Imported and Exported to CSV.
  • Can now select an Assistant from the same family, even if they are a different gender.

SCHEDULE – PUBLIC TALKS

• Local Public Talks UI has been re-designed to be clearer and easier to use.
  • Local Public Talks now has a Notes field which can be used by the Public Talk Coordinator (e.g. Email Reminder send)
  • Local Public Talks includes a Send Email Reminder button for the next 4 weeks.
  • Local Public Talks Custom columns will now disappear if you delete the Custom Assignment text (i.e. you don’t use those columns). This allows more space to display the schedule.
  • When scheduling the Local Public Speaker, can now search for a speaker by Name.
  • Away Public Talks also has a Notes field, which can include special instructions for the Public Speaker and will appear on their JWS Publisher app.
  • Scheduling Away Public Talks will show the Neighbour Congregation meeting Day and Time.

SCHEDULE – OTHER

• Field Service Schedule can now Load Template for multiple weeks.
  • Field Service Schedule can now select the Circuit Overseer as the Conductor.
  • Duties Schedule dates now show the day name Initial.

CONGREGATION SHARING

• Added Test Internet button if you experience connection problems.

JWS PUBLISHER APP (requires JWS Publisher app 1.5 or greater)

• Send Data to App greatly simplified, and can now be done in 1-click! (e.g. added “Prepare and Send” button, and waiting Data will automatically be highlighted).
  • App Features moved to the main App View.
  • All JWS Publisher app assignments, duties and events can now be added to your phone calendar.
  • JWS Publisher app now has an in-built PDF Viewer, which can display PDF territories.
  • Field Service and other schedules will now show in 24-hour time if the brother who sent the data is using 24-hour time.
  • App now uses UTC dates where possible, meaning brothers in different time zones should be able to see the correct date.
  • Schedules view re-designed, and now shows 4 weeks.
  • Publishers using old app versions will now receive a reminder to please update.
  • When returning a Territory, publishers will now see a confirmation view.

PRINTING & REPORTS

• Templates that require a Start and End Period now have default values.
  • Publisher Records S-21 updated.
  • Publisher Records S-21 for Circuit Overseer can now choose Name Format.
  • Publisher Records S-21 can now be Sent Individually to each publisher.
  • Public Talk Schedule templates better spacing, and can remove Outline Number.
  • Away Public Speakers List now includes the Congregation, Public Talk Coordinator and COBE details.
  • Weekly Overview now removes unused duties.
  • Public Speaker Invitations also show the Public Talk Coordinator Assistant Contact Details.
  • Assignment Slips can now include Email address.
  • Congregation Responsibilities report re-designed.
  • Emergency Contact List design improved. This report is also now printed for the Circuit Overseer for his visit.
  • Territory Assignments Records now indicates if a territory was completed during a campaign.

EMAIL

• Many new and updated Email Tags, that can be customized to show data from a certain week. These are used in many Quick Steps.
  • Email Templates have been split into Default and Custom. New and updated Default Email Templates will no longer overwrite your Custom Email Templates. Quick Steps will use Custom first, and if none found, the Default Email Template.
  • Invitation Email for JW Scheduler and JWS Publisher app.
  • Many new Send To filters: Field Service Group, Appointed Brothers, Shared Persons Not Connected, etc.

ME

• Me icon will show Orange and Red warnings if there are things requiring your attention, such as Tasks, Congregation Responsibilities, Updates or Registration problems.
  • Settings have been moved to Me View.
  • Settings added Date Range Format.
  • Settings contains many Me View settings, so you can customize what notifications and warnings you receive.
  • Registration and Updates have both been separated from Settings, and moved to Me View.

OTHER

• JW Scheduler Data Retention periods now fully matches the updated sfl direction (e.g. Publisher Reports are only kept for this Service Year and last).
  • Deleting any data will now show a larger warning.
  • Many, many more updates and improvements.

NEW LANGUAGES

• Cebuano
  • Georgian
  • Nzema

JW Scheduler is now available in 71 languages!

BUG FIXES

• Bug fixes are are usually released in Build Updates. If you have a problem or bug, please click Settings > Check for Updates.

7 hours ago, molnarj said:

Latest Beta Version Updates & Notes

JW Scheduler 5.8

Release Information

We are very excited to release JW Scheduler 6, our biggest release ever! This release focuses on making JW Scheduler even easier to use and making the more advanced features even more accessible.

To that end, we are pleased to announce the Me view, which contains My Tasks, My Congregation Responsibilities and Quick Steps. The UI was also updated and improved to give nearly 20% more screen space. Enjoy!

Release Notes

NEW FEATURES

• ME view. Provides an overview of JW Scheduler customized just for you! Contains My Tasks, My Congregation Responsibilities and Quick Steps. Registration, Settings and Updates are now placed under Me.

• Tasks. JW Scheduler will automatically generate My Tasks just for you (e.g. Accounts Audit, Arrange Service Overseer visit, Check RP hours, etc). You can also create Custom Tasks that can be assigned to yourself or others. Tasks have a Due Date and will show a warning when they are overdue.

• My Congregation Responsibilities. Based on your Congregation Responsibilities, JW Scheduler will show anything outstanding that you need to do (e.g. schedule Life and Ministry Meeting, follow up missing reports, enter missing Publisher contact information, etc).

• Quick Steps. Customized just for you, Quick Steps allow you to quickly and easily perform common and powerful steps in JW Scheduler (e.g. Send Public Talk Reminder, Send Life & Ministry Meeting Assignment Reminders, Send Missing Reports List to Group Overseers)

• Schedule Public Talks Combined View. In addition to selecting Local and Away Public Talks, you can now see these together on one combined Public Talks View.

• Show Publisher Contact Information on JWS Publisher app. Elders can now enable an App Feature to view Publishers Contact and Emergency Contact Information on the JWS Publisher app. This will display under Me > Field Service Group.

NEW USER INTERFACE DESIGN

• User Interface (UI) re-design. Almost every View has been updated and refreshed, including a new Sidebar and Topbar which gives nearly 20% more screen space. All fonts, sizes and colours are now consistent throughout.
  • Theme Colors. You can now select a JW Scheduler Theme. See Me > Settings.
  • Many Shortcuts have been added throughout the program (e.g. Schedule Local Public Talks can now navigate to Public Speakers with 1-click!).
  • Tool Tips have been added to most icons and unlabelled buttons. Hover your mouse-over to see.
  • Initial View can now be set in Me > Settings.

NEW REPORTS & TEMPLATES

• Congregation Responsibilities by Person. Shows which Congregation Responsibilities each person performs.

• Landscape Life and Ministry Meeting Schedule with space for three schools.

• Territory Cards. Territory Cards can now be printed from JW Scheduler.

• Public Speakers Exchange Summary. Shows all upcoming Local Public Talks and Away Public Talks made with a specific congregation.

• Email Templates. Dozens of new and updated Email Templates that work with Quick Steps. These have also been translated into most languages.

UPDATES

CONGREGATION

• Changing This Year meeting days and times will also update Next Year.
  • Meeting Time changes will now update App data.

CONGREGATION EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS

• Congregation Events and Congregation Announcements views have been separated.
  • Congregation Events can now be assigned to Field Service Groups (e.g. Service Overseer visit).
  • Congregation Announcements now include a Display After date, allow you to prepare announcements in advance, but only display after a certain date.

PUBLIC SPEAKERS

• Public Speakers can now be moved to another congregation.

MEETING ATTENDANCE

• Meeting Attendance now shows the dates of the meetings.
  • Meeting Attendance will now show BLANK rather than 0 if data has not been entered.

CONGREGATION RESPONSIBILTIES

• Congregation Responsibilities view UI completely re-designed.
  • Added 2nd Assistant for all responsibilities.
  • Added 3 Custom Responsibilities.
  • Renamed some responsibilities to better match od and sfl.

TERRITORIES

• Territories can now include a Link
  • Territory Assignments can now indicate if a Territory was completed during a Campaign.
  • New “No Campaign” Territory Filter.
  • Can now Import and Export Territories and Territory Assignments to CSV.
  • Added “Lock” button for Territories to prevent accidental editing or deleting.
  • Territories UI improved to create a better workflow.

MEMBERS (now PERSONS)

• Members has been renamed to Persons throughout JW Scheduler. This better reflects the language used on jw.org
  • New Persons Filter: Appointed Brothers
  • Inactive and Disfellowshipped persons are now highlighted in grey and moved to the bottom.
  • First Report renamed to Date first started preaching.

SCHEDULE – LIFE AND MINISTRY MEETING

• Life and Ministry Meeting schedule can now be Imported and Exported to CSV.
  • Can now select an Assistant from the same family, even if they are a different gender.

SCHEDULE – PUBLIC TALKS

• Local Public Talks UI has been re-designed to be clearer and easier to use.
  • Local Public Talks now has a Notes field which can be used by the Public Talk Coordinator (e.g. Email Reminder send)
  • Local Public Talks includes a Send Email Reminder button for the next 4 weeks.
  • Local Public Talks Custom columns will now disappear if you delete the Custom Assignment text (i.e. you don’t use those columns). This allows more space to display the schedule.
  • When scheduling the Local Public Speaker, can now search for a speaker by Name.
  • Away Public Talks also has a Notes field, which can include special instructions for the Public Speaker and will appear on their JWS Publisher app.
  • Scheduling Away Public Talks will show the Neighbour Congregation meeting Day and Time.

SCHEDULE – OTHER

• Field Service Schedule can now Load Template for multiple weeks.
  • Field Service Schedule can now select the Circuit Overseer as the Conductor.
  • Duties Schedule dates now show the day name Initial.

CONGREGATION SHARING

• Added Test Internet button if you experience connection problems.

JWS PUBLISHER APP (requires JWS Publisher app 1.5 or greater)

• Send Data to App greatly simplified, and can now be done in 1-click! (e.g. added “Prepare and Send” button, and waiting Data will automatically be highlighted).
  • App Features moved to the main App View.
  • All JWS Publisher app assignments, duties and events can now be added to your phone calendar.
  • JWS Publisher app now has an in-built PDF Viewer, which can display PDF territories.
  • Field Service and other schedules will now show in 24-hour time if the brother who sent the data is using 24-hour time.
  • App now uses UTC dates where possible, meaning brothers in different time zones should be able to see the correct date.
  • Schedules view re-designed, and now shows 4 weeks.
  • Publishers using old app versions will now receive a reminder to please update.
  • When returning a Territory, publishers will now see a confirmation view.

PRINTING & REPORTS

• Templates that require a Start and End Period now have default values.
  • Publisher Records S-21 updated.
  • Publisher Records S-21 for Circuit Overseer can now choose Name Format.
  • Publisher Records S-21 can now be Sent Individually to each publisher.
  • Public Talk Schedule templates better spacing, and can remove Outline Number.
  • Away Public Speakers List now includes the Congregation, Public Talk Coordinator and COBE details.
  • Weekly Overview now removes unused duties.
  • Public Speaker Invitations also show the Public Talk Coordinator Assistant Contact Details.
  • Assignment Slips can now include Email address.
  • Congregation Responsibilities report re-designed.
  • Emergency Contact List design improved. This report is also now printed for the Circuit Overseer for his visit.
  • Territory Assignments Records now indicates if a territory was completed during a campaign.

EMAIL

• Many new and updated Email Tags, that can be customized to show data from a certain week. These are used in many Quick Steps.
  • Email Templates have been split into Default and Custom. New and updated Default Email Templates will no longer overwrite your Custom Email Templates. Quick Steps will use Custom first, and if none found, the Default Email Template.
  • Invitation Email for JW Scheduler and JWS Publisher app.
  • Many new Send To filters: Field Service Group, Appointed Brothers, Shared Persons Not Connected, etc.

ME

• Me icon will show Orange and Red warnings if there are things requiring your attention, such as Tasks, Congregation Responsibilities, Updates or Registration problems.
  • Settings have been moved to Me View.
  • Settings added Date Range Format.
  • Settings contains many Me View settings, so you can customize what notifications and warnings you receive.
  • Registration and Updates have both been separated from Settings, and moved to Me View.

OTHER

• JW Scheduler Data Retention periods now fully matches the updated sfl direction (e.g. Publisher Reports are only kept for this Service Year and last).
  • Deleting any data will now show a larger warning.
  • Many, many more updates and improvements.

NEW LANGUAGES

• Cebuano
  • Georgian
  • Nzema

JW Scheduler is now available in 71 languages!

BUG FIXES

• Bug fixes are are usually released in Build Updates. If you have a problem or bug, please click Settings > Check for Updates.

WOW!!!!!!!!  :ecstatic:

25 minutes ago, Floyd said:

If the change is made to only store the data locally and allow us to transfer data using jwpub.org I will definitely use it. 

It is possible to use it that way. Simply make a backup file and send it by mail using jwpub.org. The receiver just needs to restore the data using your file.

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

If the change is made to only store the data locally and allow us to transfer data using jwpub.org I will definitely use it. 

Yes, technically you can do that now, like @molnarj said.  Just don't turn on Congregation Sharing.  And make sure to only update things in your "section", because unlike KHS, it won't prompt you on each change.  You'll be overwriting everything in the section that you choose to restore.

I just finished the translation into Dutch. Some really nice features I found. If you are the Congregation Secretary and that is selected in the Congregation Responsibilities you will find your responsibilities in the 'Me' section as some sort of To do List. If Information in the Database is not present which is under your responsibility then it is listed there. Click on it and you will go directly to that section so that you can adjust the information. If you are Public Talk Overseer you can send a reminder email directly from the 'Me' section just by clicking on it. If you have a CO visit planned you can see which info you need to send. Having collected the information, you can click on a tickbox. Done. The info is personalised according to your responsibility in the Congregation.

And a lot more!! 

First of all, thank you very much for all thew great work. JWS is a great tool that helps us a lot. 😃👍

I have one question: Where can i find the option to disable the "This email was sent by XX (XX@XX.tld) using JW Scheduler." commercial at the footer of the mails in the paid full version of JWS?