JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone using JW Scheduler software?

A question about sharing the program with other elders in our congregation. Is there a way to setup something like a "view-only" option for the other elders in our congregation who are not responsible for record keeping or making assignments? Or limiting what they can edit to items associated with the scope of their current roles? I don't want too many hands in the program, and the potential errors that could come with it, but would like to provide them access to view the data.

12 minutes ago, Aja said:

A question about sharing the program with other elders in our congregation. Is there a way to setup something like a "view-only" option for the other elders in our congregation who are not responsible for record keeping or making assignments? Or limiting what they can edit to items associated with the scope of their current roles? I don't want too many hands in the program, and the potential errors that could come with it, but would like to provide them access to view the data.

Yes, there's permission options for every section.  Edit, View-Only, and Denied.  It's even got templates for recommended permissions settings by your responsibilities, which after you set the template, you can tweak them to your exact liking.

3 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

Yes, there's permission options for every section.  Edit, View-Only, and Denied.  It's even got templates for recommended permissions settings by your responsibilities, which after you set the template, you can tweak them to your exact liking.

Where do I find these settings?

• 3 weeks later...

A new Beta version is released: 6.1

NEW FEATURES

• Language Groups. JW Scheduler now provides comprehennsive Language Group support, including Congregation Events, Meeting Attendance, Life and Ministry Meeting scheduling, Local Public Talk scheduling and Circuit Overseer scheduling. Language Group schedules and assignments are fully supported by JWS Publisher app and Email Quick Steps. Language Groups can also have their own Meeting Day and Times and Language. See Help > Language Groups for more information.

• Information Board. Add Congregation Announcements, Congregation Documents and Congregation Letters to the Information Board, which will be displayed on the JWS Publisher app. See Help > Information Board.

NEW and UPDATED REPORTS & TEMPLATES

• Field Service Groups. Many new and updated Field Service Groups templates, with more options. For example, can print Family Heads only, children of inactive parents will no longer dispaly, etc.

• Chairman Outline, School Worksheets and Duties schedules all improvied.

• New S-13 Territory Assingment Records template. Territory Cards can now be printed from JW Scheduler.

• Missing Reports and Missing Report History reports can now be Sent Individually by Email.

UPDATES

CONGREGATION SHARING

• Sharing Logs improved to provide more information.
  • Sharing Logs now include any Send or Receive Errors. If you have ANY problems with the Congregation Sharing, please check the Sharing Logs!
  • Sharing Logs now include an option to manually Push Data or Pull Data. Please see Help > Congregation Sharing.
  • Some reliablilty improvements and bug fixes.

CONGREGATION ANNOUNCEMENTS

• Congregation Announcements renamed to Information Board, and now includes option to add Documents and Letters.

PUBLIC SPEAKERS

• Import and Export options expanded, to allow for both Neighbor Congregtaions and Public Speakers.

MEETING ATTENDANCE

• Meeting Attendance now supports recording and printing a Language Group attendance, including Sign Language.

TERRITORIES

• Territories Assignments Import from CSV improved.
  • Territories limited to 500.

PERSONS

• Slightly improved interface.
  • Can now save the entire S-21 for the service year an Inactive publisher became inactive.
  • Added a Copy to Last Report button for Inactive publishers.
  • Can now import Persons from CLM Explorer directly into an existing JW Scheduler congregation.

SCHEDULE – LIFE AND MINISTRY MEETING

• Select Person interface improved, and now includes 3 columns: Recent THIS, Recent SCHOOL, Recent ASSISTANT.
  • Life and Ministry Meeting scheduling support for Language Groups greatly improved. See Help > Language Groups.
  • Select Person columns can now be sorted by clicking column heading.
  • Can now import schedule from CLM Explorer directly into an existing JW Scheduler congregation.

SCHEDULE – PUBLIC TALKS

• Show Public Speaker Contact Details ToolTip added to the Local Public Talks schedule. Hover the Speaker name to see their contact details.
  • Circuit Assemblies no longer block the Weekend Schedule.
  • Local Public Talk schedule includes a Quick Step button to send Reminders, Confirmations and Invitations to Public Speakers. These can all be sent far into the future.
  • Local Public Talks will no longer automatically tick "Confirmed".

SCHEDULE – OTHER

• Selecting the Field Service Conductor or Custom Assignment will now warn if the person is Away at that time.

JWS PUBLISHER APP (requires JWS Publisher app 2.0 or greater)

• New App Data format, which should result in less internet bandwidth being used, and be more reliable.
  • All Maps, Announcement attachments, Congregation Documents and Letters will be saved to the local device, this allowing the documents to be opened while offline and saving internet bandwidth.
  • Information Board added to the Congregation screen of the App.
  • Many colours adjusted as well as many other design improvements.
  • Can now swipe right/left on App Schedules to show next/previous week.
  • Added 'Resend' button for Publishers Field Service Report, incase it wasnt Imported or Received correctly.
  • Circuit Overseer Activities improved format, and now will highlight your name, show Links, etc.
  • Can now add Links to Congregation Events.
  • Notifications for multiple changes are now combined, resulting in less notifications being sent to publishers.
  • App Logs updated and improvied. If you have ANY problems with the JWS Publisher app, please check the App Logs!
  • Show Field Service Group option on the Me view removed for non-appointed brothers. For publishers, you can now be add this to the Information Board as a Congregation document.
  • Congregation Annoucements, Documents and Letters will now use the in-built PDF Viewer.

EMAIL

• Email sending rate slowed down to avoid Google blocking the sending of multiple emails at once.
  • Send from Gmail now supports Google Business Accounts (i.e. your own domain name).

ME

• Me page now includes Me page Alerts shortcut, where you can customize various Me page options.

OTHER

• Beta Testing Reporting updated, and now includes a perminant button up the top-right of the screen.

NEW LANGUAGES

• Norwegian
  • Liberian English
  • Shona

JW Scheduler is now available in 73 languages!

BUG FIXES

• Bug fixes are are usually released in Build Updates. If you have a problem or bug, please click Settings > Check for Updates.

1 hour ago, molnarj said:

A new Beta version is released: 6.1

NEW FEATURES

• Language Groups. JW Scheduler now provides comprehennsive Language Group support, including Congregation Events, Meeting Attendance, Life and Ministry Meeting scheduling, Local Public Talk scheduling and Circuit Overseer scheduling. Language Group schedules and assignments are fully supported by JWS Publisher app and Email Quick Steps. Language Groups can also have their own Meeting Day and Times and Language. See Help > Language Groups for more information.

• Information Board. Add Congregation Announcements, Congregation Documents and Congregation Letters to the Information Board, which will be displayed on the JWS Publisher app. See Help > Information Board.

NEW and UPDATED REPORTS & TEMPLATES

• Field Service Groups. Many new and updated Field Service Groups templates, with more options. For example, can print Family Heads only, children of inactive parents will no longer dispaly, etc.

• Chairman Outline, School Worksheets and Duties schedules all improvied.

• New S-13 Territory Assingment Records template. Territory Cards can now be printed from JW Scheduler.

• Missing Reports and Missing Report History reports can now be Sent Individually by Email.

UPDATES

CONGREGATION SHARING

• Sharing Logs improved to provide more information.
  • Sharing Logs now include any Send or Receive Errors. If you have ANY problems with the Congregation Sharing, please check the Sharing Logs!
  • Sharing Logs now include an option to manually Push Data or Pull Data. Please see Help > Congregation Sharing.
  • Some reliablilty improvements and bug fixes.

CONGREGATION ANNOUNCEMENTS

• Congregation Announcements renamed to Information Board, and now includes option to add Documents and Letters.

PUBLIC SPEAKERS

• Import and Export options expanded, to allow for both Neighbor Congregtaions and Public Speakers.

MEETING ATTENDANCE

• Meeting Attendance now supports recording and printing a Language Group attendance, including Sign Language.

TERRITORIES

• Territories Assignments Import from CSV improved.
  • Territories limited to 500.

PERSONS

• Slightly improved interface.
  • Can now save the entire S-21 for the service year an Inactive publisher became inactive.
  • Added a Copy to Last Report button for Inactive publishers.
  • Can now import Persons from CLM Explorer directly into an existing JW Scheduler congregation.

SCHEDULE – LIFE AND MINISTRY MEETING

• Select Person interface improved, and now includes 3 columns: Recent THIS, Recent SCHOOL, Recent ASSISTANT.
  • Life and Ministry Meeting scheduling support for Language Groups greatly improved. See Help > Language Groups.
  • Select Person columns can now be sorted by clicking column heading.
  • Can now import schedule from CLM Explorer directly into an existing JW Scheduler congregation.

SCHEDULE – PUBLIC TALKS

• Show Public Speaker Contact Details ToolTip added to the Local Public Talks schedule. Hover the Speaker name to see their contact details.
  • Circuit Assemblies no longer block the Weekend Schedule.
  • Local Public Talk schedule includes a Quick Step button to send Reminders, Confirmations and Invitations to Public Speakers. These can all be sent far into the future.
  • Local Public Talks will no longer automatically tick "Confirmed".

SCHEDULE – OTHER

• Selecting the Field Service Conductor or Custom Assignment will now warn if the person is Away at that time.

JWS PUBLISHER APP (requires JWS Publisher app 2.0 or greater)

• New App Data format, which should result in less internet bandwidth being used, and be more reliable.
  • All Maps, Announcement attachments, Congregation Documents and Letters will be saved to the local device, this allowing the documents to be opened while offline and saving internet bandwidth.
  • Information Board added to the Congregation screen of the App.
  • Many colours adjusted as well as many other design improvements.
  • Can now swipe right/left on App Schedules to show next/previous week.
  • Added 'Resend' button for Publishers Field Service Report, incase it wasnt Imported or Received correctly.
  • Circuit Overseer Activities improved format, and now will highlight your name, show Links, etc.
  • Can now add Links to Congregation Events.
  • Notifications for multiple changes are now combined, resulting in less notifications being sent to publishers.
  • App Logs updated and improvied. If you have ANY problems with the JWS Publisher app, please check the App Logs!
  • Show Field Service Group option on the Me view removed for non-appointed brothers. For publishers, you can now be add this to the Information Board as a Congregation document.
  • Congregation Annoucements, Documents and Letters will now use the in-built PDF Viewer.

EMAIL

• Email sending rate slowed down to avoid Google blocking the sending of multiple emails at once.
  • Send from Gmail now supports Google Business Accounts (i.e. your own domain name).

ME

• Me page now includes Me page Alerts shortcut, where you can customize various Me page options.

OTHER

• Beta Testing Reporting updated, and now includes a perminant button up the top-right of the screen.

NEW LANGUAGES

• Norwegian
  • Liberian English
  • Shona

JW Scheduler is now available in 73 languages!

BUG FIXES

• Bug fixes are are usually released in Build Updates. If you have a problem or bug, please click Settings > Check for Updates.

Do you see the JWS PUBLISHER APP version 2.0 or greater available yet?   All I see if version 1.7.2 🤔

On 3/22/2022 at 6:00 PM, luisenriquereyes said:

Do you see the JWS PUBLISHER APP version 2.0 or greater available yet?   All I see if version 1.7.2 🤔

Version 2.0.1 was made availble yesterday and it seems to be causing problems with congregations that have not updated to version 6.1 of JW Scheduler.  Users reporting problems here:  

Our congregation updated to version 6.1 and now cannot see the publishers. The problem has not been fixed with that update, either.

In an attempt to see if it helped, I "disconnected" and now when I try to reconnect, I get a message that I am using the wrong PIN - and we know I am using the correct pin.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I just started getting this error message:

image.png.30c3444df3869a8a732917cb3aa3e740.png

I just sent a JW Scheduler support request with the following information:

In JW Scheduler when I click on the tab JWS Publisher app,  then click on App Persons,  I get the Error "  Please check your Internet connection and try again. If the problem persists, please chick Help.  Technical Details  ID  835-376-196  AppConnector() DownloadAppPersonData: Cannot implicitly convert type 'long' to 'string'  "

I am updated to the lates 6.1 #1190 version of JW Scheduler and the latest 2.0.1 version of JWS Publisher app.

My internet speed is 300 Mbps download,  76.4 Mbps upload. 

I have restarted my router and computer multiple times and the problem persists.

I had added a Document to the Information Board before this problem started happening.  I have deleted the Document but still have the problem.

I have closed and reopened JW Scheduler multiple times,  but still have the problem.

I have disconnected from Congregation Sharing and reconnected successfully.

While I wait for their response,  someone here have any ideas?

Edited by luisenriquereyes

1 minute ago, luisenriquereyes said:

I just started getting this error message:

image.png.30c3444df3869a8a732917cb3aa3e740.png

I just sent a JW Scheduler support request with the following information:

In JW Scheduler when I click on the tab JWS Publisher app,  then click on App Persons,  I get the Error "  Please check your Internet connection and try again. If the problem persists, please chick Help.  Technical Details  ID  835-376-196  AppConnector() DownloadAppPersonData: Cannot implicitly convert type 'long' to 'string'  "

I am updated to the lates 6.1 #1190 version of JW Scheduler and the latest 2.0.1 version of JWS Publisher app.

My internet speed is 300 Mbps download,  76.4 Mbps upload. 

I have restarted my router and computer multiple times and the problem persists.

I had added a Document to the Information Board before this problem started happening.  I have deleted the Document but still have the problem.

I have closed and reopened JW Scheduler multiple times,  but still have the problem.

While I wait for their response,  someone here have any ideas?

Looks like a string variable is trying to be put into a number variable.  Not sure there's anything you can actually do to fix it.  But clearly it's caused by some kind of personal information...since it's not happening for everyone.

If you hadn't deleted the document, I would say to change some of the data.  Make the data numbers.  But since it's deleted, that wouldn't help.

I'd wait for support, unless you have some kind of urgent need.  They're very fast.  Probably have an update in less than 12 hours.  Seems after big releases, the minor patches comes almost daily.  If you have an urgent need, then try restoring to a point before that document.  But again, I'd just wait if you can...

8 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

Looks like a string variable is trying to be put into a number variable.  Not sure there's anything you can actually do to fix it.  But clearly it's caused by some kind of personal information...since it's not happening for everyone.

If you hadn't deleted the document, I would say to change some of the data.  Make the data numbers.  But since it's deleted, that wouldn't help.

I'd wait for support, unless you have some kind of urgent need.  They're very fast.  Probably have an update in less than 12 hours.  Seems after big releases, the minor patches comes almost daily.  If you have an urgent need, then try restoring to a point before that document.  But again, I'd just wait if you can...

Thanks. Not urgent. Everything else is working. I will wait for them. Thanks

Our congregation submitted a report early this morning and the problem still exists.

We have noticed that the iOS publisher devices are still working but the Android publisher devices can no longer access any data.

The Windows PC with the congregation app is also having some problems since it can't see the published devices anymore.

Hope the fix comes soon as we have come to rely on this app :shrugs: 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

11 hours ago, computerwiz said:

New Build #1191 fixed my problem 👍😁

image.png.9a0ac08a5c681f361ec0ffa0bf78fe56.png

A bug I found is when adding Documents to the Information Board.   Make sure NOT to have open the PDF, JPG or PNG file when Adding it as an attachment.  JW Scheduler spits out a bunch of errors.  The fix is to remove the Document announcemt completely,  you will not be able to Remove just the document file,  and create a new Document and attach file making sure before that it is not open on your computer. 

45 minutes ago, luisenriquereyes said:

A bug I found is when adding Documents to the Information Board.   Make sure NOT to have open the PDF, JPG or PNG file when Adding it as an attachment.  JW Scheduler spits out a bunch of errors.  The fix is to remove the Document announcemt completely,  you will not be able to Remove just the document file,  and create a new Document and attach file making sure before that it is not open on your computer. 

Thanks for the info!

New bug 🐞 found?  With the upcoming changes to in person and hybrid meetings, I did a bunch of changes to our Duties schedule.

Then I went to Send App Data and then click on the Prepare & Send button.  But NO notifications were listed to be sent and NO notifications were sent. That is odd 🤔

Edited by luisenriquereyes

21 hours ago, luisenriquereyes said:

New bug 🐞 found?  With the upcoming changes to in person and hybrid meetings, I did a bunch of changes to our Duties schedule.

Then I went to Send App Data and then click on the Prepare & Send button.  But NO notifications were listed to be sent and NO notifications were sent. That is odd 🤔

Futher troubleshooting,  notifications are sent for other changes but not for the Duties schedule.   Anyone else having this problem?   If so I can send this bug report to the JW Scheduler support team.