JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Civil unrest over the presidential election?

Ah okay. I was just picturing a scenario that I was wondering if it would ever happen, but maybe too farfetched.

Just wondering if they can draft voting like if it keeps getting recounted and stalled and tied. Can they force the people that didn't vote to vote or try to and get mad when they refuse?

Or is that just a movie thing?

If it was possible, would definitely be an ultimate test of neutrality.

Edited by Nirex

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

On 11/6/2020 at 7:10 PM, Beyond the Sky said:

I don't think so. A lot of JWs don't know anything about politics. Except maybe the basics that the Republican and Democrat party believe in. (That's me) So thier is no telling who JWs would have voted for anyway.

Agree, beyond the president I do not know who's a Republican and who's a Democrat. 

We as Jehovah's witnesses  would not have voted, hopefully not even in our hearts( though admittedly that is a challenge).

Now if we were not serving Jehovah, we would be  part of the world.  As such, our priorities,  views, outlooks,  hopes, goals etc would be so different . So I'm not sure any of us would really know who we would have voted for because we would not even be the same person. By putting on the new personality we truly have become an entirely different person from who we were in the world or from who we would be if we were in the world.  

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

The way I see it, the bulk of the unrest hasn't even started.
There have been situations with recounts before, but never an election like this.
First of all, Covid increased the demand for mail in voting, and what's been happening with mail in voting based on news sources I've seen, is incredibly suspicious, including possible shenanigans regarding machines in Michigan.
The potential president elect isn't very lucid, meaning that the US will likely be run by someone who isn't very liked by Americans according to polls.
The already divisive nature regarding Covid regulations, police reform and non stop riots, is already incredibly tense.
In the end, one side is going to accuse the other of destroying democracy, and the world sees a lot more at stake than in the 2000 election. On the one side, people's businesses are being destroyed, and they're afraid of economic collapse, while on the other side, people are terrified of this virus and that loosened regulations with kill their elderly/infirm loved ones.

I believe this is going to be a soft civil war, either way you put it, and I hate to say that I don't think the really ugly part has really begun yet.

This is why our Christian neutrality is needed more than ever, and why it's going to be so much bigger a challenge, because I believe a lot of policies, either way, is going to touch heavily on our personal lives. Whoever wins, perhaps, it will lead to prophesies coming true. We'll have to wait and see...

It's so important that we don't put too much trust in the media. I know for me, it's important to not trust Fox News any more than CNN. Yeah, they can provide some facts, but it's going to be mixed in with so much propaganda. Religion has so little influence on most people's lives anymore (really true what 2 Timothy saying "a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power"), that all that's left is to destroy Babylon, so what's left is the "three unclean expressions", which represents Satanic propaganda that's going to inspire the kings of the world to fight against Jehovah, and the rest of the world is going to follow their lead. I wouldn't underestimate how powerful this propaganda is.

Edited by Katty

On 11/6/2020 at 10:30 PM, Nirex said:

Just wondering if they can draft voting like if it keeps getting recounted and stalled and tied. Can they force the people that didn't vote to vote or try to and get mad when they refuse?

You would have to get around the protections of the Constitution.  So, if you want to imagine a scenario where US citizens are forced or compelled to do anything, you first need to see how that can be done in light of the Constitution.  Remember, this country was founded on the basis of preserving individual liberties, not removing them.

Now, over time some liberties have been removed.  So there are examples you can look at and see how they either circumvented the Constitution or worked within the framework.

Plus, consider this.  The US is either unable or unwilling to mandate people wear masks to help slow the spread of Coronavirus.  You think the people will willingly accept being forced to vote? 

75 million votes for Biden.  70 million votes for trump.  That's 145 million votes out of 209 million people old enough to vote in the US.  69% of the populace turned out to vote.  This is the largest turn out in history for a Presidential election.  Our 1.3 million possible votes would not have affected the overall results.

Edited by Shawnster

Phillipians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are of serious concern, whatever things are righteous, whatever things are chaste, whatever things are lovable, whatever things are well-spoken-of, whatever things are virtuous, and whatever things are praiseworthy, continue considering these things. 

17 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

You would have to get around the protections of the Constitution.  So, if you want to imagine a scenario where US citizens are forced or compelled to do anything, you first need to see how that can be done in light of the Constitution.  Remember, this country was founded on the basis of preserving individual liberties, not removing them.

Now, over time some liberties have been removed.  So there are examples you can look at and see how they either circumvented the Constitution or worked within the framework.

Plus, consider this.  The US is either unable or unwilling to mandate people wear masks to help slow the spread of Coronavirus.  You think the people will willingly accept being forced to vote? 

75 million votes for Biden.  70 million votes for trump.  That's 145 million votes out of 209 million people old enough to vote in the US.  69% of the populace turned out to vote.  This is the largest turn out in history for a Presidential election.  Our 1.3 million possible votes would not have affected the overall results.

And those who would be forced to vote would probably vote for Kanye.  😂. Ok you want to force me, how do you like this? Such is American nature. Lol

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

31 minutes ago, M.J. said:

Once again, much ado about nothing 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

5 minutes ago, Dages said:

That's your French blood, believe me :D

I have plenty of that. 😱😂

5 hours ago, M.J. said:

Even though the link sounds self explanatory, the mods are still encouraging everyone to provide a brief comment when they post a link.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

6 hours ago, M.J. said:

True. I don't have an opinion on the veracity of the rumors, myself. I only brig them up because once something like that's out there, true or not I believe it can still motivate people to go mad depending on how the recounts go.

5 hours ago, BLEmom said:

Once again, much ado about nothing 

I agree. I think either way it will be. People make such a big deal out of Presidential elections. I guess since religion has no effect on the world anymore, politics are like their religion now.

A lot people have been saying "vote like your life depends on it, because it does." That's how seriously people take these elections lately. 

Edited by Katty

1 hour ago, M.J. said:

Katty brought it up,  and so I was responding to her.

My comment was directed at the article, not you. 😊

I still say, this was a weird election.

It was weird how I kinda knew in my gut what was going to happen.
I knew what the news was going to say about it.
I knew, at least, that it wouldn't be as simple as a victor would be declared on election night. I mean, I hoped it would be over by then, but something told me it wouldn't be that simple.
I don't know what's going on. I don't know what or whom is behind it.
I just know, some weird things seems to be happening.
Could this lead up to the beginning of the end?

It's very possible.

And I'm not trying to commentate. I don't have any feelings about this except: I find the things Biden has been saying to be kind of strange too.
"no red states no blue states, just united states"? What does that mean? I mean, I have no feelings about him being President elect. It's just some things that he's already making plans to do, and how quickly he starting making those plans, almost like these policies were ready. Just feels weird.
I think if my gut is right, it might be a good thing, because I keep reminding myself, when the end comes, the governments are going to turn on religion, and they're also going to give up the individual government powers to the UN.

Edited by Katty

7 minutes ago, Katty said:

I don't know what or whom is behind it.

Does the name "Satan" sound possible?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

7 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Does the name "Satan" sound possible?

I was thinking that. Ultimately this is Satan's agenda.

Edit: and I find the weirdness oddly comforting like:
I guess it should get weirder as we get closer to the end.
It's almost like the illusion that humans can rule themselves is disintegrating before our eyes.

Edited by Katty

1 hour ago, Katty said:

And I'm not trying to commentate. I don't have any feelings about this except: I find the things Biden has been saying to be kind of strange too.
"no red states no blue states, just united states"? What does that mean?

I didn't find anything strange about this. I imagine he was just trying to say that instead of viewing each other as opponents (red vs blue) instead everyone should look at themselves as United. It's seemed like a very simple, clear statement.

I'm truly surprised you didn't see it like this. I'm curious what you thought was strange about it?

2 hours ago, Nancy Montgomery said:

How happy we are to be neutral and have a loving God, Jehovah and his son as our leaders!

I absolutely believe that, while in some ways our neutrality makes us more of a target, in other ways it's making us less of a target, as I've seen a lot of discrimination specifically targeted towards conservatives or liberals.

It certainly helps us be a united family.

2 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

"no red states no blue states, just united states"? What does that mean?

He (Biden ) is just speaking "malarkey ", one of his own words! 🤣

2020-11-11_18h44_50.png

I was wondering if someone else wrote that, maybe someone who wanted a one party system. Guess we'll see in a year or so if it meant anything haha.

Edited by Katty